• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

darklin0

Banned
Welcome Darklin0
----------------

Afternoon BCT
Hey all. I am mostly a weekend lurker but I felt like participating would be more fun.
How's life treating ya?
It's a bit slow at the moment so gotta relax while I can.
Welcome. I see you also reside in the greatest state in this nation
You gotta be on something to say otherwise.

Good morning BCT.

Welcome! Yea those type of threads can be a pain to even read. I've been busy with RL stuff to the point that I know engaging with some GAF threads would tilt me. Whenever I have a clear mind I engage with them though.

Get Out the Game. So good and black you can't ignore it.
I don't have the tact to reply to some of those posts. I blame my blood, too spicy.

Skittles

yo what the fuck mods, how has no one gotten banned in that thread? blatantly racist shit being said and nothing has been done (afro people, really? )

Sch1sm

yo what the fuck mods, how has no one gotten banned in that thread? blatantly racist shit being said and nothing has been done (afro people, really? )

They probably aren't watching, but you realise you're always free to bring it to a moderator's attention via message, so. Just do that for the worst of them and hope.

---

Morning, BCT.

6c0tIjrESMqPXsz0MR2U_Blue%20Bird.gif

You good, G?

Ummm..yeah! Slept a solid eight. Plus the half day I slept yesterday. Not too shabby, I'd say. Maybe take another snooze after a nice cold shower 😁

Do tell...

It's on my grandparents' certificates too. People don't have any idea of what's going on or what's happened. They're preaching sermons about squid genetic purity while looking like fucking fools

Oh, right..squids can't be black. Nevermind!

Johndoey

Banned
These people are frightened by race in their day to day lives. Of course there was going to be some bullshit when you bring it up in relation to their weird Japanese squid kid game. It's a threat to their escapism.

Still remember pissing someone off by insisting Kratos is black. Was my favorite shit to do..

tumblr_myg26aKaRp1tn15mao2_250.gif

I know this hurt many souls

These people are frightened by race in their day to day lives. Of course there was going to be some bullshit when you bring it up in relation to their weird Japanese squid kid game. It's a threat to their escapism.

You know things are fucked up when Doey is the one dropping truth and reason

This dude is fishing for every dark skin person who don't consider themselves black..forgetting that shit ain't some universal truism lol. Dominicans invoked. Thread should be loads of fun from here!

Johndoey

Banned
Good day everybody. Is everybody good?

Fine. How are you?
---
40-ish hours in P5 has gotten pretty stale. The first Palace is the strongest so far at least from the stakes surrounding it and the character development. The QOL improvements are great and it's definitely stronger than P4 , but I still think P3 is the better game overall.

Izuna

Banned
I'm surprised I got work done because I've been glued to that thread.

Repair a couple phones, look at some fuckery, sell a case, read more fuckery.

When I get home I'm going to exhale.

This dude is fishing for every dark skin person who don't consider themselves black..forgetting that shit ain't some universal truism lol. Dominicans invoked. Thread should be loads of fun from here!

The entire time I was in DC, they swore I was Dominican. Everyone approaching me and speaking Spanish. Hell, some people showed me pics of a guy that could've been my brother. But again, black is only for porch monkeys that are descended from cotton pickers.

The entire time I was in DC, they swore I was Dominican. Everyone approaching me and speaking Spanish. Hell, some people showed me pics of a guy that could've been my brother. But again, black is only for porch monkeys that are descended from cotton pickers.

DR is a weird place. Majority I know absolutely identify as black, but there are those that ain't having it. Treat Haitians like dog shit. I get called whatever group I'm around honestly lol. Got that mutt shit going for me.

DR is a weird place. Majority I know absolutely identify as black, but there are those that ain't having it. Treat Haitians like dog shit. I get called whatever group I'm around honestly lol. Got that mutt shit going for me.

I have freckles and hair looks like it's undergone 5 of royalan's hair treatment tutorials. I'm always hearing some shit when I go somewhere. I got the Spanish in Mexico too. That blew my mind. The Mexicans in Cali don't play that shit

Sch1sm

Being the queen of Toronto requires as much. Drake showed you the way

It's not my fault I wasn't born with that 4B/4C hair.

That whole thread is on one, though. It's interesting how limited their view of "black" is. They gotta be dark skinned, but have coarse/kinky/nappy hair. That's it. Otherwise you aren't black, even if your skin colour is, 'cause all a dev has to do is offer some ethnic, textured hair options and a slider for darker skin tones.

Private Catholic School prom, so much white music. Not even good shit. I mean they played Before He Cheats twice. Hall & Oates, who I love, FOUR FUCKING TIMES, All the rap songs were backloaded towards the end, it was wack as shit music wise what the fuck!

Hall and Oates were huge in the hood long before they were pop

My girl family is Dominican and she moved from the DR to the states when she was 6. She is pale with a golden undertone but her and her sister identify as Afro-Latinas and have no problem being labeled as Black but they both agree that they do not experience Blackness from society. She showed me a former friend that was on Facebook talking about how he wasn't Black or Afro-Latino and shit. This dude is darker than me and my skin tone is around a Michael B Jordan tone. GTFO

When I went to the DR the locals kept on asking if I was Dominican and tried to talk to me in Spanish (same thing happened when I was in NYC last October).

I have freckles and hair looks like it's undergone 5 of royalan's hair treatment tutorials. I'm always hearing some shit when I go somewhere. I got the Spanish in Mexico too. That blew my mind. The Mexicans in Cali don't play that shit
If you were still living in my area I would be confident that I know who you are.
c6bf9b08586c241b021dd04c204b7a85.png

Never been called Mexican. Think I'm a bit too tall for that..that and this nappy beard I been rocking since twelve. Dominican, Puerto Rican, Venezuelan, Jamaican because of my braid phase lol..actually do have done DR and Venezuelan in my blood tho. Half sis is half PR. My peoples been everywhere.

My girl family is Dominican and she moved from the DR to the states when she was 6. She is pale with a golden undertone but her and her sister identify as Afro-Latinas and have no problem being labeled as Black but they both agree that they do not experience Blackness from society. She showed me a former friend that was on Facebook talking about how he wasn't Black or Afro-Latino and shit. This dude is darker than me and my skin tone is around a Michael B Jordan tone. GTFO

When I went to the DR the locals kept on asking if I was Dominican and tried to talk to me in Spanish (same thing happened when I was in NYC last October).

We truly are brothers

Fine. How are you?
---
40-ish hours in P5 has gotten pretty stale. The first Palace is the strongest so far at least from the stakes surrounding it and the character development. The QOL improvements are great and it's definitely stronger than P4 , but I still think P3 is the better game overall.

I'm good

I guess I'm not black 'cause I don't have "ethnic textured hair," guys.

lol.

*Gasp* You don't?!?

Ah, I'm sure you have good hair.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
Bailed out of that thread a while back. More kept coming out of the woodwork so I dipped.
The rest of y'all still in that thread are saints

darklin0

Banned
Never been called Mexican. Think I'm a bit too tall for that..that and this nappy beard I been rocking since twelve. Dominican, Puerto Rican, Venezuelan, Jamaican because of my braid phase lol..actually do have done DR and PR in my blood tho. My peoples been everywhere.
Mexicans are varied as hell. I'm 6'3 and I have cousins that are taller than me.

Just in my pool of first cousins you have kids that are white as you can get and on the other end of the spectrum that can pass off a African American. And all my aunts an uncles are front the same state in Mexico, that country is very mixed.

Went to the DR with my girl some years ago. She went to this cafe for lunch while I was sleeping and they straight up didn't even think about serving her. She asked for a menu and they were like, "Dominicana?" And she was like, "No, Americana" and then they started bending over backward to apologize.

Mexicans are varied as hell. I'm 6'3 and I have cousins that are taller than me.

Just in my pool of first cousins you have kids that are white as you can get and on the other end of the spectrum that can pass off a African American. And all my aunts an uncles are front the same state in Mexico, that country is very mixed.

Must be something in the Florida water because I ain't met one above 5'9 lol..shit would be like seeing Bigfoot over here. In fact, anyone from Mexico down I've ever met is that height. Anecdotal, obviously..

Sch1sm

*Gasp* You don't?!?

Ah, I'm sure you have good hair.

I don't, and I get it a lot from my family and friends. "You have Indian hair."
>whatever "Indian hair" means.
It's just curly. There are plenty of Somalians/Ethiopians/Eritrean/Tanzanian people with it. Pangaea the God, 'cause the Horn of Africa would have been right up against that part of Asia?

I've actually been frustrated with it in general, so I've been running on this joke that I'll chop it off, and I think it's triggered some girls I know who have those harder to deal with textures. They actually get bothered when I say it:
"You have 'good' hair."
"Yeah, but why would you do that?"
>'cause I want to, b

Irony in it being all of them have at one point shaved it all off, but when I mention it, they round back to, "Yeah, but you have nice hair." Like hair don't grow back or something.

akira28

Irony in it being all of them have at one point shaved it all off, but when I mention it, they round back to, "Yeah, but you have nice hair." Like hair don't grow back or something.

The black hair frustration is so real. That's why I admire women who just say "nah breh" and they're winning with their own natural looks. I guess I am salty because corporate America pretty much has their expectations of what professional and respectable and clean look like, and natural aint it.

Numb

Got white people hair
Forget white people wanting to touch even niggas do shocked of softness. Had a fro once that couldn't do shit vs wind

Why i keep it as short as possible 24/7 to degree of baldness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom