• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sonic fans aren't used to receiving apologies

I know, but they do this to themselves with every new Sonic release. How long ago was Generations released? That's how long they've been waiting for a good Sonic game.

At least Sonic Mania is there to ease the pain

Green Hill Zone always looks boring af in every sonic game, wish they'd stop making those stages and just make something new all together. Anyway, for me sonic forces>sonic mania. have 0 interest in mania

So how big are we expecting the infinite roster to be.

very small with a majority of the characters being from MvC3 to save time on development. I mean just look, one of the main damn villains isn't even part of the base game.

actually i take that back, probably 24-30 at launch (but still most of them will be returning characters from 3)

Zaverious

So how big are we expecting the infinite roster to be.

The rumors are its close to the original MvC3 number of 36 or 38 if you include DLC so probably like 32-34.
I did not expect Sigma to be DLC considering he's a main villain of the game. At least you megaman fans get something for that boring ass franchise with only one good series called Battle Network.

Johndoey

Banned
The rumors are its close to the original MvC3 number of 36 or 38 if you include DLC so probably like 32-34.
I did not expect Sigma to be DLC considering he's a main villain of the game. At least you megaman fans get something for that boring ass franchise with only one good series called Battle Network.
Speaking of, Megaman.Exe should be the default Megaman on display.

Battle Network also has the best Roll, Bass, and​ the best Zero.

Malyse

Are you fucking still talking about goddamn Sonic?
T_____T

Fuck it. Sonic Fan Culture Thread, it is.

One thing you have to give sonic games is even in the shittiest titles they can still usually get some good music out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdHliM2iXoE

This deserved a better game.

Also, Sonic games are a fucking sine wave:

• Sonic 06 - Bad
  • Unleashed - Half Bad
  • Colors - Good
    for a sonic game
  • Generations - Actually good
  • Sonic 4 - Good
    for a sonic game
  • Sonic Lost World - Half Bad
  • Sonic Boom - Bad
  • Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric/Fire and Ice (released so close that they can be coupled together) - Half Bad

So Sonic Forces should be good for a sonic game.

Mania omitted because that's an outsourced product.

3o7btT1T9qpQZWhNlK.gif

Zaverious

Speaking of, Megaman.Exe should be the default Megaman on display.

Battle Network also has the best Roll, Bass, and​ the best Zero.

:) I like you.

--
Sonic Forces looks like a sonic game. Good enough enough for me. Also I don't really care for the genesis era games so classic sonic is meh to me. Thanks for existing I guess?

zeemumu

Are you fucking still talking about goddamn Sonic?
T_____T

One thing you have to give sonic games is even in the shittiest titles they can still usually get some good music out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdHliM2iXoE

This deserved a better game.

Also, Sonic games are a fucking sine wave:

• Sonic 06 - Bad
  • Unleashed - Half Bad
  • Colors - Good
    for a sonic game
  • Generations - Actually good
  • Sonic 4 - Good
    for a sonic game
  • Sonic Lost World - Half Bad
  • Sonic Boom - Bad
  • Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric/Fire and Ice (released so close that they can be coupled together) - Half Bad

So Sonic Forces should be good for a sonic game.

Mania omitted because that's an outsourced product.

Putting Sonic 4 on par with Sonic Colors is a fairly unpopular opinion. I like Sonic 4 for bringing back Metal Sonic (who's probably one of my favorite characters in the series) but that's about it. Sonic games tend to be good when they choose to add to the formula instead of tear it down completely or revamp it. You have him go fast, throw in some platforming that's manageable at higher speeds than a standard Mario game, and maybe a few powerup/speed mechanic additions like drifting and the wisps.

That said I'd appreciate Sonic the Fighters 2. I don't count Sonic Battle as that.

Sonic is worth it for the music alone. Sonic should probably go back to the Adrvnture formula.

But could they top this? I also like Sonic R's music, despite how cheesy it is.

Izuna

Banned
Colleague got pickpocketed when I went away from the shop for a sec

He was paying me cash for me to order something of Amazon, I left it, he puts in his back pocket...

I call the police (gg btw), and during the call, when giving a description, he signals me for a less racist way to say Indian.

I'm like "describe how you would dude, it's okay". We should have it on camera etc. But I doubt he'll get his money back...

He pulls out his wages, gives me the remainder of his cash to pay for the order...

Isn't work fun?

Merc_

I know, but they do this to themselves with every new Sonic release. How long ago was Generations released? That's how long they've been waiting for a good Sonic game.

At least Sonic Mania is there to ease the pain

Meh, I'm not ready to write off Forces just yet. I'm gonna wait until the E3 reveal stuff before I call it.

Mania should be fine though.

Jenhh3I.gif

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
Sega gonna eat whether or not Forces underperforms because of Mania and I'm actually suprised that people haven't figured that out yet. Those that don't like Forces will most likely buy Mania, and some vice-versa. Many will buy both.

It's a win-win for Sega.

zeemumu

Who asked for that?

Everyone.

The game is just so ridiculous and cheesy like only the late 80's/early 90's could be that it's amazing. Plus it's part of gaming history as one of the reasons that we have a rating system, and it's pretty ironic that it got a T rating nowadays. Think of it as the gaming equivalent of a cult classic.

It's one of the games that I wanted a re-release for (so I wouldn't have to track down a damn SEGA CD and copy to play it). Care to guess what my #1 game that needs a re-release is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom