• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

D i Z

Apparently, AGENTS is on tonight.
It's like the only show that I'm kind of glad, but a little sad that you all get to see it first and remind me about it.

No one likes Aliens?

I get the hate for the 3rd and 4th and especially Prometheus...

But Aliens was pretty awesome.

Are we just listing 80s and 90s scifi?

RedSwirl

https://www.facebook.com/SamiBessCosplay/

tumblr_opa3z8XAhK1rztdgoo1_1280.jpg

D i Z

I actually enjoyed to varying degrees all of the mainline Alien films. I appreciated their quirks at the time. Wouldn't feel much need to go back to the later ones outside of just looking for particular scenes though.

Gattsu25

Banned
Without saying much,
I was way in until I wasn't, but not a deal breaker. Not gonna say when it lost me (for a couple of minutes), but I'm looking forward to the next episode..shit was a trip.

I just watched it. Going to guess it was either the (American Gods episode 1 spoilers)
bed scene
or the
digital kidnapping
. Both of those lost me for a few minutes.

Also, as someone who read the book this show feels odd. It's like I'm rewatching a show that I saw a decade or so ago and it's weird how often I'm able to remember the exact dialog people are going to say seconds before they say it.

What we have looks decent enough, but I can't help shake the feeling that between American Gods and Anansi Boys they adapted the wrong show. Anansi Boys shares a similar concept with American Gods but the main difference is that Anansi Boys is, above all else, fun.

Its hard not to feel anything but a powerful type of hatred when I see Trump supporters on an Alton Sterling hashtag celebrating the verdict and claiming Sterling got what was coming to him. These are grandchildren of the people that were smiling and picnicking in those infamous lynching photographs. And, like their grandparents, they take pleasure in seeing us getting knocked off. I dont see these people as human.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom