• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

No lie i only sat down to watch the original Terminator after seeing Terminator 2 for like the 6th time

LOL.

And i thought that they would have learned their lesson from having Barry save his mum. Guess i was wrong.

Honestly they should have banned time travel from major plot points, and no more speedsters for a while unless they are named Impulse and XS

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Because you don't say or do shit. Because you wanna hop in here acting like someone on a soapbox for speaking the truth that he has spoken, that Mrs. Manky has spoken, that countless others have spoken. You come in here, say dumb shit, then leave.

noone in this thread says or does shit but recycle the same damn things. you gonna act like this thread is of high discourse as it used to be? and you of all people want to talk about saying dumb shit? get all the way the fuck out of here

Saw all the Terminator movies, but only saw the first one *after* I saw Genysis.

......really?

----

I think a lot of it is that I don't like watching stuff alone. I'll watch anything in a theater or if someone will watch with me, but I'll rarely sit down and watch a film on my own. For example, I own the only Pixar movie I've never seen and haven't watched it.

I can understand that, I've gotten spoiled and so used to watching things with someone that I don't often enjoy watching things alone.

BigDes

Watched that some months back for the first time, dope ass movie

Know what's boring as hell? Citizen Kane

Know what's great even though it's like one of the first movies ever? Battleship Potempkin
Citizen Kane is more interesting to study than it is to actually watch.

Movie brought a lot of new filmmaking techniques and stuff to the table

The actual movie is quite boring, rich man goes nuts story is eh.

Now, The Third Man directed by Carol Reed, that is a damn good movie.

Sch1sm

noone in this thread says or does shit but recycle the same damn things. you gonna act like this thread is of high discourse as it used to be? and you of all people want to talk about saying dumb shit? get all the way the fuck out of here

I mean, enlighten us then. Start a conversation. That usually works.

Malyse

All that being said, I've probably read more books than the entirety of this thread combined. I was the kid who would check out 30 books at a time from the library and finish them in the two week checkout. Books were my primary entertainment; hell, the reason I played Mass Effect and Dragon Age was the tie in novels.

Johndoey

Banned
All that being said, I've probably read more books than the entirety of this thread combined. I was the kid who would check out 30 books at a time from the library and finish them in the two week checkout. Books were my primary entertainment; hell, the reason I played Mass Effect and Dragon Age was the tie in novels.
I only started playing Halo because I liked a few of the novels i'd picked up. Similar thing happened with Gears Of War.

LionPride

Banned
Then provide something of value, start a discussion, or just snipe from the back corner

Trey

As long as DD has seen Terminator 2 first, all is good.

Mass Effect books weren't even decent.

Of course I own all of them.

Sch1sm

In some positive news, though, Michigan's State Legislature's approved the bill for $100 million in federal funding toward replacing lead pipes a week ago, don't remember anyone mentioning it.

All to Flint.

Malyse

No lie i only sat down to watch the original Terminator after seeing Terminator 2 for like the 6th time

Honestly they should have banned time travel from major plot points, and no more speedsters for a while unless they are named Impulse and XS

......really?

I saw T2 as a kid and T3 in theaters. It was just after Genisys I watched the original, mainly because my mom mentioned that they touched heavily on the plot of the original in it. Also, T1 doesn't hold up well and Genisys is much more acceptable with:

1. No expectations and
2. Not knowing the plot twist.

I went in blind and it was a good moment.
Mass Effect books weren't even decent.

Of course I own all of them.
They were fun while Karpyshan was on them. I never finished the fourth cause fuck that bull shit. They need to do the right thing and strike it from canon. Gillian deserves better.
I only started playing Halo because I liked a few of the novels i'd picked up. Similar thing happened with Gears Of War.
I owned all the GoW games on 360 and played none of them. Sold the games unopened when my 360 stopped reading discs.

D i Z

F6iuqV.gif

Full Metal Jacket is worth a watch

And Platoon as well as Apocalypse Now.

Malyse

Also, it shows how pervasive the pop culture zeitgeist is for me to have not seen that many movies and still be able to recognize references and the like.

In some positive news, though, Michigan's State Legislature's approved the bill for $100 million in federal funding toward replacing lead pipes a week ago, don't remember anyone mentioning it.

All to Flint.

F*%^ing finally!
How long have they left these people just hanging out to dry? Either way it's good to hear something positive in the news.

D i Z

All to Flint.

I thought I read somewhere that this was one of Barry's last bills he put out before he bounced. I could be wrong though. Either way, long overdue, and I hope they don't tie up some of that money to line private pockets. They need double that amount to get it done properly.

I'm all for inclusion, just as I have when we had far more women posters in here. I address you about the horse shots since you decided to step up and be the defender of the old trope. And until this most recent time, ive never even addressed you personally. You decided to step up.

So,again, I'M the defender? Let's be consistent about it. It's a thing. I don't run it. Its just a thing. In a moment that you COULD have agreed, being a member who has been here WAY longer than myself, you choose the "soapbox" route. Not addressing the subject matter in my post, but the horsepocrisy of it all..😂

Tell me, again, how I started this childish nonsense. I'm all ears..

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
So,again, I'M the defender? Let's be consistent about it. It's a thing. I don't run it. Its just a thing. In a moment that you COULD have agreed, being a member who has been here WAY longer than myself, you choose the "soapbox" route. Not addressing the subject matter in my post, but the horsepocrisy of it all..😂

Tell me, again, how I started this childish nonsense. I'm all ears..

Everytime I mention the corniness of the horse jokes, youre the first one to jump up and say something dismissive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom