• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to watch that with the family. I'll be seeing them this weekend.

Word

Agents of Shield still holding up to be one of the best comic book based TV show seasons ever?

It is one of the best network tv shows period

You goddamn right. They did a complete 180 from S3 and have been firing on all cylinders. That one episode where Jemma and Daisy were hiding in the base was amazing, and when Jemma and Fitz didn't know which one of them were LMDs, whew.

Jemma is bae.

LionPride

Banned
I don't have a problem with that. I was just curious why or if there's something bad about the movie I've missed.
Nah, just never hit the mark for me. Watched it a couple times and it never made me care about anyone or anything.

Sixteen Candles just has the problem that it's too white tbh. BC is just...nothing to me

Nah, just never hit the mark for me. Watched it a couple times and it never made me care about anyone or anything.

Sixteen Candles just has the problem that it's too white tbh. BC is just...nothing to me

Ahhh, yeah, gotcha. Honestly, that's a problem with all Hughes movies, too.

I take back what I said about Homecoming then. I thought you had a problem with the idea of the movie or the interactions or something, which can be pretty gross but true to life. Homecoming will probably be like a less white Breakfast Club.

Gattsu25

Banned
It is one of the best network tv shows period
tumblr_n3j4kje8Cl1rvs9wso1_500.gif

Good to hear. I should be wrapping up the first season this week (going to try to watch them on the flight).

I haven't seen a lot of those movie y'all mentioned either, but surprised no one brought up Boyz N the Hood. Like, I think that's the one black movie every black person has seen.

LionPride

Banned
I can see somebody hating one of these...

But BOTH?
Belly is a shitty music video put to film with niggas who can't act

Baby Boy is a movie where Tyrese hits TPH, then he fucks her as a means of getting forgiveness. The only positives are Ving Rhames and Omar Gooding saying heart

I haven't watch Flash for a couple of months. (since just before the 2 part grodd story)

Is it poopies now ?

Flash is trash as fuck right now. I haven't seen that shit since the episode Barry and Iris moved in together into a home ain't no way Barry ass is affording on his salary in downtown Vancouver Central City. He works for the police not a startup.

LotusHD

Banned
Dear White People Ep. 2:

That bush completely caught my friends and I off guard. My friend really dislikes seeing sexual content in general,
so she dipped after the episode was over lol

Shy

Flash is trash as fuck right now. I haven't seen that shit since the episode Barry and Iris moved in together into a home ain't no way Barry ass is affording on his salary in downtown Vancouver Central City. He works for the police not a startup.
That's a real shame.

It was the last DC show i was watching.

Johndoey

Banned
Platoon and of course Shawshank.

The Fly (1986).

Scanners, Videodrome, and Shivers are no brainers.

Might as well add Naked Lunch.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
So, to sum it up:

Rather than agreeing that we should be more inclusive with the women that are and try to be part of the community, you continue on this extremely odd adventure to call me out on hypocrisy because of horse pictures? Something that I learned from the multitudes of old posters in here? Seriously, brother?

Shiiit, I guess you're right. Everyone. Ignore everything that I've said until the Gordon horse massacre ends..Parallax will signal when all is clear. Ironically, I ban myself every other month for personal reasons. Somehow, the horse gifs are posted at exactly the same rate while I'm gone.

But no..focus on that shit and not the subject at hand. Soapbox..

9v68YaU.gif

Love them priorities..

I'm all for inclusion, just as I have when we had far more women posters in here. I address you about the horse shots since you decided to step up and be the defender of the old trope. And until this most recent time, ive never even addressed you personally. You decided to step up.

Nigga you don't do
shit but come in here when you think someone gives a fuck about what you have to say

Am I supposed to give a shit what the fuck you think? Kick rocks little dude.

Malyse

Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween. Any of those?

The Thing

Prince of Darkness

They live
Might as well write all horror off. Unless Hitchcock (which isn't really horror anyway)
None of these.
The Exorcist? Poltergeist?
No. No.
The Indiana Jones movies? The Breakfast Club? Planes, Trains, and Automobiles? Blade Runner? Coming to America? The Matrix? Die Hard? Die Hard With a Vengeance? The Thing?
Indiana Jones and The Matrixes.
Deep Rising
Raging Bull
Platoon
Big Trouble in Little China
Tank Girl
??
None.

National Lampoon's Vacation still mostly holds up.
Not seen.
I like John Hughes movies. Just not Sixteen Candles or Breakfast Club
None? Was Ferris Bueller one?
I haven't seen a lot of those movie y'all mentioned either, but surprised no one brought up Boyz N the Hood. Like, I think that's the one black movie every black person has seen.
Yes.
I hate thay movie so damn much

Almost as much as I hate Belly or Baby Boy
No.
Full Metal Jacket is worth a watch
No.
Truth. Deer Hunter is important enough to at least try to watch, it's a rough one.
No.
Platoon and of course Shawshank.

The Fly (1986).

Scanners, Videodrome, and Shivers are no brainers.

Might as well add Naked Lunch.
And none.
Agreed

Apocalypse Now is dope too
No to that too.

----

I think a lot of it is that I don't like watching stuff alone. I'll watch anything in a theater or if someone will watch with me, but I'll rarely sit down and watch a film on my own. For example, I own the only Pixar movie I've never seen and haven't watched it.

Slayven

I haven't watch Flash for a couple of months. (since just before the 2 part grodd story)

Is it poopies now ?
Writing is bad, so bad that it kinda undoes character development of previous seasons

Yo that townhouse is baller as fuck, he must be using that Star Labs money. Cause neither his job or Iris could afford that shit

LionPride

Banned
why does it matter who i am? who are you?
Because you don't say or do shit. Because you wanna hop in here acting like someone on a soapbox for speaking the truth that he has spoken, that Mrs. Manky has spoken, that countless others have spoken. You come in here, say dumb shit, then leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom