• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're busy complaining that a handful of 3DS games aren't on the Switch.

Or how it needs CFW to be great

I can see it, if they think the $$ is right. I am going to be damn old by the time GOT disappears.

Hopefully it doesn't over stay it's welcome. Theres tons of content yet to be explored there so they have a lot of material to not entirely fuck up. Then again people have already begun to turn their noses up because they've started deviating from the books.

Long as Sean Bean gets a series I'm good

tenor.gif

what white nonsense is this?

http://bitbgames.com/can-white-dudes-make-a-video-game-about-africa/

their penises are dangling. I guess that was important. african penis physics.

All that shit is racist. There's a ton of different cultures/beliefs/tribes in Africa that these ignorant white boys should have educated themselves on but nope let's make a game cause we just like the idea of Africa and just toss Voodoo in them. Fuck them hope they make zero money.

akira28

All that shit is racist. There's a ton of different cultures/beliefs/tribes in Africa that these ignorant white boys should have educated themselves on but nope let's make a game cause we just like the idea of Africa and just toss Voodoo in them. Fuck them hope they make zero money.

we could list a bunch of religious faiths that would be offended. And if they did this to Christians people would be pissed. And on the news. But people in instances like these tend to reap what they sow. it could be a teaching moment, but I get a feeling like they're going to learn one way or the other.

It only upsets me because their fantasy african setting, it mocks me. We had a beautiful and rich history and it was stolen from us, and destroyed in ignorance and greed. All we have left are some beautiful ruins. And this fantasy "homage" is misguided at best, and offensive and racist either way.

they're funded, but only just. and so far I havent seen anything more than the alpha that they had before funding anyway.

Sch1sm

City of Flint is threatening 8000+ homeowners with foreclosure over water bills, because of the tax liens they're sending since cutting off water in those homes back in March. Fuck is this shit?

---

Lmfao. That's how you know I don't touch OT. Saw your thread, DD. 😂

akira28

Can't rely on feds to help, going to need the media, maybe entertainment folks to step up and shame authorities into acting. please contact your entertainment representatives.

not ja. that dude is like the ted cruz of getting shit done.

their penises are dangling. I guess that was important. primal african penis physics.

I'm always conflicted about things like this for a number of reasons

1. Of course white dudes can make a game about Africa. I don't think exploring specific cultures is limited to just members from those cultures
2. However, it always irks me seeing "Africa" referred to holistically. Not every nation, or ethnic group or religious group in Africa, which is a huge fucking continent, partakes in voodoo. I don't know why this is always done when it comes to African culture.
3. I'll give them props for what seems to be an attempt at avoiding the normal pitfalls of these endeavors (having an all white team tackle something completely foreign to them), and trying to get on board people more knowledgeable with voodoo, but my first reaction was literally "Wait, why is this dude naked and holding a spear?", so they're still in side eye territory

akira28

they're in a side eye pit surrounded by angry snakes and tigers side eyeing the fuck out of them. so much shade they haven't seen the sun in weeks. They asked the question themselves. They're making a game about the continent of Africa? I mean, I guess they could try. Large endeavor. So far I see some naked spear dudes with big cartoon masks making huts made out of sticks like out of a National geograpic magazine. And then fighting giants like Shadows of the Colossus.

Oh they made their game about "fantasy Africa" so it gets to be whatever they want, and if someone has a problem I guess they could advise them.

Vodun and Vodoun and others I won't mention don't have a lot of running around naked or fighting giants with sticks. Its like I said I was going to make a game about the life of Jesus, and instead I have a buff Arabic dude on a flying carpet in a loincloth with some half naked belly dancing elf somewhere in there. The this don't mix.

they didn't avoid the pitfalls, they jumped, naked, flopping with spears, down into the pit.

D i Z

What thread? So I can skip it?

Don't do it man. I just got back from the front. It'll do your head in.

City of Flint is threatening 8000+ homeowners with foreclosure over water bills, because of the tax liens they're sending since cutting off water in those homes back in March. Fuck is this shit?

Slumlord tactics. Easy way to grab the land to develop on when they are gone. And with the situation receiving funding (incoming) they have a timeline to work towards.
The new gentrification. Under Trump, it's all about the land grab.

their penises are dangling. I guess that was important. primal african penis physics.
I'd like to believe the one black guy on the team makes a decent check just nodding approvingly at whatever racist garbage hits his desk.
"Is a bone through the nose culturally appropriate?"
giphy.gif

Every time he collects his check he leaves the bank like-
giphy.gif

Hillary offers help and these bastards say they don't need her. They don't want to do shit but complain. They want a Utopia that isn't here and this current course isn't creating. She isn't papa Bernie, but she's actually done something other than talk about changing things. Yea, fuck the left too

Mrs.manky, are you Nic Ju?

No. And you're not R to the Edgy. :)

Oh, those who follow the Dollop podcast: The Jack Johnson story is amazing. And it amuses me that Dave Anthony and Gareth Reynolds acknowledge that they don't have many/any POC at their live shows.

andthebeatgoeson

People crying over 'you like your plan, you can keep it' and these dudes will up premiums by thousands of dollars. 70% of republicans need to lose their job but they'll still do okay next year.

I mean, i don't believe this BS that it won't pass the Senate. Smoke screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom