• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sch1sm

It's the best of the post Walking Dead S1 Telltale games.

I was bored to death by S1 and liked S2. Couldn't get into it until episode 4, and then Lee was
basically dead

Wolf Among Us, though. That's a fun one. Got too many bugs, though. It'd crash and I'd have to redo everything since the last save.

RedSwirl

I dare say its the probably the second good TT game which they only have two, IMO, especially due to the soundtrack.

I guess I should try out some more of these. The first chapters of Borderlands and Minecraft are free right?

Actually I should probably just wait until I finish Life is Strange... one day.

Bethesda has taught us that jank is charm

And that jank pays, and people will still buy DLC. Craziness.

"No one just makes games like them so I'll gladly take the 50 game breaking bugs and glitches."

I played through the original S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Bethesda taught me nothing I didn't already know.

Games that get away with jank get away with it because they accomplish things other games don't do in quite the same way, or don't even attempt. Even other open-world games like Zelda and Witcher don't have quite the same AI systems and object permanence Bethesda games have. STALKER came out 10 years ago and still a certain organic nature to it Far Cry can't even touch. Arma is like five times jankier than those games but I've still played like 400 hours of it because it's 10 times more ambitious than Battlefield.

Some people just prioritize unique gameplay over flawless execution.

Faustek

Anyone have any substitute for argan oil? Use it in my beard. Smells great and doesn't get as coarse with it.

Considering how complex games are nowadays, it's a wonder there aren't more bugs

And people still don't understand how expensive QA is.

Sch1sm

I guess I should try out some more of these. The first chapters of Borderlands and Minecraft are free right?

Games that get away with jank get away with it because they accomplish things other games don't do in quite the same way, or don't even attempt. Even other open-world games like Zelda and Witcher don't have quite the same AI systems and object permanence Bethesda games have. STALKER came out 10 years ago and still a certain organic nature to it Far Cry can't even touch. Arma is like five times jankier than those games but I've still played like 400 hours of it because it's 10 times more ambitious than Battlefield.

I don't think their having a quality that other games don't makes putting out buggy games forgivable. Delay release, or patch accordingly if you're so pressed for cash that you can't afford to delay it. Everything you've mentioned now is still buggy despite being out for ages now. That's what bothers me about this. I expect what I'm buying, often for AAA prices in Bethesda's case, to be fully playable without compromises to my experience.

TT Borderlands is free with PS plus for this month, but the first episodes are always free if you don't have a console, yeah. I enjoyed life is strange a bit, it wasn't perfect, but I enjoyed it.

Story driven games are a sub genre I've enjoyed since, Fahrenheit - Indigo Prophecy because it did different things despite QTE and terrible bugs. I include episodic games within that like Sam and Max.

I feel you on that, ARMA franchise is the epitome of jank but probably the most successful MILSIM out here, correct me if I'm wrong. Just this weekend I was playing with a friend on a server and one of our vehicles flipped into the air when I tried to get it unstuck with another. But with as much you can do with that engine its worth it to me. I mean, what game has came out flawless in the past year?

Zaverious

I'd rather actually be able to play a game with little issues than barely getting by like I have with past Bethesda games and The Walking Dead S1. Cool for the other millions that play them but I had too many bad experiences to deal with that again.

gonna watch Guardians of the Galaxy 2 today, its a double feature. pretty hype tbh

So, I'm finally gonna play Tales from the Borderlands. Thank goodness for Playstation Plus!! Right now I'm downloading all the episodes for tales from the Borderlands and I'm gonna begin playing it when I get home from work. Even better, I'm off tomorrow, woohoo!!

i actually started playing it last night on my pc before bed. got like 40 min in the first episode, its pretty good so far. (early spoilers for episode one):
the robot constantly questioning its existence was hilarious to me

Obama think he can make paid speeches, like presidents before him, and get away with it?

giphy.gif

shingi70

Banned
You can easily see the Kirby Influences in Guarians, Thor Ragnarock, and Justicr League.

How the feel did Inhumans turn out like that.

D i Z

Mornin' BCT.

Final getting around to watching Dear White People.

I'm two episodes in and I don't think I'm gonna be able to quit watching until I'm through it.

I eased up at episode 6 to give myself a little absorption time.

Seriously, why you gotta throw the group of people that vote for you the most under the damn bus? Why? Your just screwing yourself over in the long run! But we gotta win those elections though, right!?! Bunch of hateful, useless, old, soggy, mothball smelling, craggy, bitter fucks they are. And fuck "the liberal allies" that agree with them.

tumblr_olke94Om1h1v1z098o1_500.gif

Faustek

So that would affect all of the previous, still living, presidents pension then? Or so they really think they can single out Obama?

Slayven

So that would affect all of the previous, still living, presidents pension then? Or so they really think they can single out Obama?

I am not sure but i don't think they can grandfather a thing like this. cause i know when they was cutting back SS agents for presidents, it wasn't going to affect any previous president.

So this is more like a fuck you to obama for nothing

RedSwirl

I don't think their having a quality that other games don't makes putting out buggy games forgivable. Delay release, or patch accordingly if you're so pressed for cash that you can't afford to delay it. Everything you've mentioned now is still buggy despite being out for ages now. That's what bothers me about this. I expect what I'm buying, often for AAA prices in Bethesda's case, to be fully playable without compromises to my experience.

I'm a bit less forgiving of Telltale. I don't know what their whole process is, but making what are basically 3D visual novels can't be THAT complex can it? There's probably just something they really like about the workflow or some part of it they can't break off of without really disrupting their release pipeline for an extended period of time.

Stuff like Skyrim and STALKER and Arma though, show me games that do everything they do with a "flawless" execution. I'd love for that to happen. The big problem I think is the biggest game developers aren't the most ambitious anymore.

The EAs and Ubisofts aren't really pushing the envelope anymore in terms of deeper systems and more encompassing worlds. That's coming from small-to-medium-sized companies like Hello Games, Frontier Developments, Bethesda (I think that's still only like 100 people), Bohemia Interactive, Mojang, Cloud Imperium, etc. They're the ones trying to solve new problems. The AAA guys right now instead seem to be trying to figure out new monetization systems, occasionally borrowing a bit of something made popular by a smaller developer. I wish EA or somebody would try to do what you see in Arma or STALKER.

Faustek

Ikaris of the Eternals. Inhumans was created in an attempt to replicate the god like power of Eternals. Thanos is an eternal.

Wait a second. I thought they where some kind of Kree backup plan?

Yeah, war something, skull something they made inhumans as a survival thing...

Slayven

Wait a second. I thought they where some kind of Kree backup plan?

Kinda, Kree thought they could create a line of superpowered soldiers to fight the Skrulls. They found the body of a an eternal and tried to reverse engineer it. But couldn't quite figure it out, that is why Inhumans have random powers but Eternals pretty much have any superpower they feel like having

Is this VOODOO game supposed to be real? I get it was kickstarted and no ones talking about it cause it probably won't make it far, but what type of nonsense is this?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tribeoflions/voodoo-open-world-survival-in-primal-africa-on-ste
Gameplay Trailer

Been waiting all week for today..of course I'm sick as a dog. Think I'm skipping Guardians tonight..damn bullshit. Kid is gonna be disappointed.

Feel better G

Slayven

Is he not subject to the rectoned limitations of the Eternals from 2006, then?

Also, weren't they created to defense Earth? If so then how does Thanos fit into that?

Not really, Eternals were created on earth but a group of them left , then that accident happened that empowered the Eternals. The two most powerful eternals was brothers, one brother decided to leave earth because he didn't want to cause no problems. He followed the previous eternals, he found them on Titan, most of them dead from disease and war. He took over the moon and rebuilt their civilization. Thanos is his son and he inherited his father's powers.

Regular Titan Eternals are nothing special stronger, faster, and longer lived than humans. But nothing like Earth Eternals. Thanos is a throwback in that he is closser to Earth eternals than anyone but his father.

Been waiting all week for today..of course I'm sick as a dog. Think I'm skipping Guardians tonight..damn bullshit. Kid is gonna be disappointed.

That is a goddamn shame, Jandro working them roots on you, told you not to eat that horse radish

D i Z

Inhumans was always a stepping stone too the good good

545224-etrnlsv2006_cov.jpg

Not of this Buck fella is tanking shows left and right. We'll never get there.

If you can get yourself in a more comfortable place and make it to the show, I'm thinking that you won't regret it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom