• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

Enough that you would be shocked but not shocked

People got time for some nonsense
The only good things that came from the coli were:
The DBZ thread
Smilies (dahellvsmjcry)(micheal jordan and dahell album covers)
The Chris B thread
No Nikkas Micheal Jordan
and
Roy's summory of the site

You mean GAF-Hop?
DJHKZKi.gif

That's an insult to thecoli

Young Magus

Even as I get more active in GAF-Hop...yeah

Yep
Only dude I'd chill with is IrishNinja.

The rest tho...........

dahell album covers thread still has me laughing to this day

I fogot a few others:

The time dahell was found and the time when someone made a diss track against another poster in a birdman thread

DJHKZKi.gif

That's an insult to thecoli

Well thecoli does have some contents that are funny to watch I guess

Exodust

Banned
Got turned down today because "I don't date black men".

First of all, I am part black but I don't look the part and come off as a generic arab to people most of the time, so this caught me off guard. Secondly, I wasn't too upset because hey, everybody has some preferences for who they date, weird as they are. Plus the whole
win some lose some lesson we all learn in order to not become the reviled "nice guy". Finally, this girl's social media is full of post about how hot The Weeknd is and shit. So a simple "I'm not interested would have sufficed" lol.

So I was wondering, have you ever been given a suspect reason as to why someone didn't want to date you? Doesn't have to be racial.

Oh, and I haven't posted in god knows how long but what up good people? How's life treating all of you?

Zekes!

First of all, I am part black but I don't look the part and come off as a generic arab to people most of the time, so this caught me off guard. Secondly, I wasn't too upset because hey, everybody has some preferences to who they date, weird as they are. Plus the whole
win some lose some lesson we all learn in order to not become the reviled "nice guy". Finally, this girl's social media is full of post about how hot The Weeknd is and shit. So a simple "I'm not interested would have sufficed" lol.

So I was wondering, have you ever been given a suspect reason as to why someone didn't want to date you? Doesn't have to be racial.

Oh, and I haven't posted in god knows how long but what up good people? How's life treating all of you?

My girlfriend had no interest in Black dudes before dating me, the most Logic looking halfbreed in the world, and she too now goes on and on about how hot The Weeknd is.

I just don't get it man.

And ya'll were right, Guardians 2 was pretty good. My biggest gripe about the movie was
how small it felt. After the opening credits, it takes place mostly on Ego, with a couple other locations for the side action. For a series that takes place in space I wish I got to see more planets and alien races and all that.
Other than that it was really enjoyable.

LotusHD

Banned

First of all, I am part black but I don't look the part and come off as a generic arab to people most of the time, so this caught me off guard. Secondly, I wasn't too upset because hey, everybody has some preferences to who they date, weird as they are. Plus the whole

I dunno, preferences is one thing, like someone preferring Asian women, but outright saying you wouldn't date a specific ethnicity is something else entirely, if not flat-out racist.

And ya'll were right, Guardians 2 was pretty good. My biggest gripe about the movie was
how small it felt. After the opening credits, it takes place mostly on Ego, with a couple other locations for the side action. For a series that takes place in space I wish I got to see more planets and alien races and all that.
Other than that it was really enjoyable.
Drax tho 👀

Exodust

Banned
Yeah Drax is good

if someone told me when I was a kid that Bautista was going to be one of the best parts of a Marvel movie franchise I would never have believed you.

If you told me four years ago I'd rather see Dave Batista in a movie than The Rock I would have slapped you.

Zekes!

The results are coming in for my province's election right now. Hoping we can kick our conservative government to the curb. Shit is waaaaay too close right now.

Just found out one of my former students passed. Drug overdose, heroin. Devasted. I call him one of my originals when I started 9 years ago.

Mizerman

Yeah Drax is good

if someone told me when I was a kid that Batista was going to be one of the best parts of a Marvel movie franchise I would never have believed you.

If you told me that Batista would've had a successful movie career, I would've laughed. But here we are.

Just found out one of my former students passed. Drug overdose, heroin. Devasted. I call him one of my originals when I started 9 years ago.

Damn. Sorry to hear that.

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
I know I'm super late to the "party" and I don't want to reignite any fires but I wanna say a few things so we can squash the beef.

First, Cindi if you're reading this you've always been cool with me. You made this awesome thread about FGs before SFV came out that I still have bookmarked and will always refer to people who are new to FGs. That said, it's not in your position or anyone else for the matter to tell other black people what they should and should not be offended with. A hip hop themed fried chicken joint in a rapidly gentrified neighborhood is fucked up and needs to be called out. Please don't position yourself as holier-than-thou sista.

Second, I know Duck acknowledged what he said was wrong but I wanna make something crystal clear to everyone old and new. Black-checking anyone, on Gaf of all places, and especially someone who we know is a black woman and who has talked about her own experiences in BCT before is fucked up. You cannot be on that shit in 2017. You simply can't do that regardless if you disagree with them. Also, I can't really get behind telling a black woman to take it to PMs when a black man basically black checked her outside of PMs. Duck, you're one of the OGs here and we love ya but you're bigger than that dude.

Finally, I really hate when posters paint BCT with a broad brush like we're a monolith and to see Cindi do that was really disappointing. This has happened many times before in BCT threads. An arguement starts in Gaming/OT, it gets brought over to BCT and it starts to escalate, then one poster says "BCT ain't shit!" and it all goes downhill from there. If you have beef with a certain poster please talk to them about it. And if it doesn't go your way then there are other alternatives to handling it. Dissing other members when things don't work out is not an alternative. No one in this thread should be dissing BCT like that when you know it's false. It's a blatant lie and it needs to stop immediately.

Now with all that said, Cindi you will always be welcome in BCT. And that goes for anyone who use to post in this thread before or would like to post here for the first time. We're not a monolith y'all, so please don't treat us like one.

Zekes!

Damn, my thoughts go out to you. I can only imagine the devastation. I just started in the field of working with kids a couple years ago, and I try not to think of what it'll feel like when someone I worked with passes. A childhood friend of mine overdosed on heroin years ago now, and my cousin did too recently, but was lucky the paramedics got to her in time. It's heartbreaking.

Damn, my thoughts go out to you. I can only imagine the devastation. I just started in the field of working with kids a couple years ago, and I try not to think of what it'll feel like when someone I worked with passes. A childhood friend of mine overdosed on heroin years ago now, and my cousin did too recently, but was lucky the paramedics got to her in time. It's heartbreaking.
Just found out he had gone to 30 different facilities for treatment. Jesus. Good kid who was enabled throughout his life.

Zekes!

Just found out he had gone to 30 different facilities for treatment. Jesus. Good kid who was enabled throughout his life.

Fuck, addiction is no joke. I fear for my cousin 'cause she isn't too eager about staying in treatment and the family around her don't know how to properly support her.

If you told me four years ago that movie based on a forgettable comic would be the best blockbuster around with Andy from Parks & Rec as the lead, I would have slapped you.

If you had told me years ago that Thor 3 actually looked good, I would've slapped you.

IrishNinja

i know y'all aint beetlejuice'd my name in here just to spoil Agents of SHIELD

this shit is heartbreaking to hear...so sorry to hear this

not to take this somewhere else, but stuff like this & pretty much all the fuckery we've had of late...i keep hearing about this christian nation & thinking:

"...whatever you did for one of the least of my brothers, you did for me."

i can't picture us being about that, for even a day

Exodust

Banned
Mahvel Magic™

Honestly, the fact that it was a Marvel movie works against it for me. Aside from Winter Soldier and Antman, I think they're generic schlock. I usually just stick to comics.

But Guardians was dope, and I hear the second one is better and has my boys Kurt Russell and Stallone in it. So I'm down for that one.

Thor Ragnarok looks good to me because it looks less like another Thor movie and more like a live action Heavy Metal segment.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
The DBZ thread
The Chris B thread
No Nikkas Micheal Jordan
and

You mean GAF-Hop?

I like their TV/movie section. But tlr is pretty much battle of the genders and that shit is old as fuck.

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
The DBZ thread
The Chris B thread
No Nikkas Micheal Jordan
and

You mean GAF-Hop?

Cracks me up everytime. Also, you forgot the thread where the found the real life dahell.

Fuck, addiction is no joke. I fear for my cousin 'cause she isn't too eager about staying in treatment and the family around her don't know how to properly support her.
Yea. Hope it works out for her. My coworker works nights at a treatment facility where he was at one point and he was booted for bringing in heroin. Last time I talked to him was a couple of years ago. He was open about his problems. He told me was was HIV positive, sharing needles. He has 2 sons (also with a former student). I know his dad is taking this hard, I'm sure he feels partly responsible.

Numb

Honestly, the fact that it was a Marvel movie works against it for me. Aside from Winter Soldier and Antman, I think they're generic schlock. I usually just stick to comics.

But Guardians was dope, and I hear the second one is better and has my boys Kurt Russell and Stallone in it. So I'm down for that one.

Thor Ragnarok looks good to me because it looks less like another Thor movie and more like a live action Heavy Metal segment.

Gaf likes to remind me of dark world but don't even know what happened in there

Young Magus

Damn,
sorry to hear that man.
*internethug*

i know y'all aint beetlejuice'd my name in here just to spoil Agents of SHIELD

I didn't mean that.
Also, told you he post here beef

Cracks me up everytime. Also, you forgot the thread where the found the real life dahell.

Mentioned in on the top of the page alongwith the diss track

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom