• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

daffy

Banned
Got turned down today because "I don't date black men".

First of all, I am part black but I don't look the part and come off as a generic arab to people most of the time, so this caught me off guard. Secondly, I wasn't too upset because hey, everybody has some preferences for who they date, weird as they are. Plus the whole
win some lose some lesson we all learn in order to not become the reviled "nice guy". Finally, this girl's social media is full of post about how hot The Weeknd is and shit. So a simple "I'm not interested would have sufficed" lol.
Think of it this way. They wouldn't have dated House of Balloons Abel. Remember this later in life

i know y'all aint beetlejuice'd my name in here just to spoil Agents of SHIELD

this shit is heartbreaking to hear...so sorry to hear this

not to take this somewhere else, but stuff like this & pretty much all the fuckery we've had of late...i keep hearing about this christian nation & thinking:

i can't picture us being about that, for even a day

I've been meaning to ask for a long while now, are you the same user from old old Kotaku under the same name?

LotusHD

Banned
Honestly, the fact that it was a Marvel movie works against it for me. Aside from Winter Soldier and Antman, I think they're generic schlock. I usually just stick to comics.

But Guardians was dope, and I hear the second one is better and has my boys Kurt Russell and Stallone in it. So I'm down for that one.

Thor Ragnarok looks good to me because it looks less like another Thor movie and more like a live action Heavy Metal segment.

Doctor Strange was the first (and so far last) time I ever truly understood the whole complaint about Marvel movies feeling generic and/or stale. I did enjoy stuff like the visuals and how they dealt with the villain, but meh.

Exodust

Banned
I don't think there's anything wrong with liking them or even loving them, I love exploitation movies so I'm one to talk, just not my cup of schlock is all.

I feel the same about Game Of Thrones, which I know I'm in the minority opinion of.

Y'all need to stop getting into nonsense when I'm not around. I'm a busy man.

Don't make me Alonzo y'all.

giphy.gif

akira28

Sometimes the streets can be cold. Nonsense preventing me from playing Minecraft on Switch.

is minecraft that fun? or is it just a chance to unwind and decompress away from more complex things? I helped back it years ago, but besides being simple enough to play at work, lol, I never really got into it.

is minecraft that fun? or is it just a chance to unwind and decompress away from more complex things? I helped back it years ago, but besides being simple enough to play at work, lol, I never really got into it.

Well, I have to review it. I think it actually comes out... Friday?

But to answer your question, I've always been a fan of Minecraft, and procedurally generated survival built-em-ups for a long time. Minecraft, Terraria, Astroneer. I just like messing around in a world, dying occasionally in interesting ways, and building stuff.

akira28

I might try minecraft VR. I remember seeing it for the first time and thinking it was like being inside of an Atari 2600. I just see it everywhere, and so much with the kids and the Minecraft. Its like Mario was when I was young. I just feel not with it. They changed what "it" is.

have you heard what they call rap flow these days?

just watching parts of the MTV movie and TV awards..i seriously thought this Noah Cyrus thing was a alternative character for Miley Cyrus like Garth Brooks did

she can't even sing like her sister but good thing you don't need to now a days.

also these awards got all the spoilers in the world for things

haha, kotaku? ew nah cmon now

yeah that was totally me, i was in the running to moderate the place back then but i had other stuff goin on

then i knew you back then along with a group of others who spund off into a ning/irc/chatango group

Izuna

Banned
What I wake up to?

That my opinion didn't matter, but a member who is more adored does.

Edit: And I'm over it, just pointing it out.

tuna & dave were good folks, arch rings a bell too - where they at now, any on here? also did you use the same username there too?

no i don't use the same user name here as there, most of them asleep at this time, they were all in the slack a few hours ago. i think only 1 of them has a GAF account they are more twitter people

I just found my younger sisters Twitter page by fuckin accident

She let me down so bad... she got a typical light skin dude Twitter page filled with dumb ass 'inspirational' quotes and shit. It's pretty much 'Take Care' in tweet form.

Someone in my family had to catch the Drake gene... didn't think it was gonna be her, smh.

hypernima

Banned

She let me down so bad... she got a typical light skin dude Twitter page filled with dumb ass 'inspirational' quotes and shit. It's pretty much 'Take Care' in tweet form.

Someone in my family had to catch the Drake gene... didn't think it was gonna be her, smh.

My condolences.

Cipherr

Do you know how many times they complain about people here? The thread where they realized a lot of the traffic came from here for their smileys was hilarious

Wish I had seen that one. That place is okay for a comedic thread here and there; but there's some serious poison floating around on that board ideawise. If we had kids, that's one of MANY sites I would monitor usage of.

Morning

It'll be ok. Every family has one. It could be worse.

Merc_

I can only take the coli half seriously most of the time. The dudes on that site have some real problems with women and I'm sure more then a few of them are actually stormfront posters and other general white folk playing games. LSA has a similar problem and even this thread has had to deal with its fair share of those sort of assholes.

It seems that any place on the internet that becomes known for having black people hanging out eventually has to deal with these same problems.

Beefy

Probably better then my sis, she just retweets horoscopes.
--------------
Afternoon BCT
---------------
If you got VR, check out Wison's Heart

Mornin' everyone.

____

Hellboy reboot with no Ron Perlman, Del Toro and Brian Steele? No thanks. I mean the originals were far from box office masters but meh.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Morning pretty people.

I have two uncles who live at home with their momma. One in his late fifties, the other in his early sixties. The younger one doesn't read very well, and now has complications from diabetes, so he'll never get a job. Which isn't a stretch, because he hasn't really worked in almost 20 years.

This dude wanted to buy a computer, so he could write a book using dictation. So I was going to sell him a computer. He gave me 50 bucks towards it, then I never saw anything else from him. I ended up selling the computer several months later.

He now hit me up for the fifty bucks. This is from last YEAR. Am I supposed to hold this shit like KMart?

Mornin everyone!
Let's all do a little bit better today.

Random but does anyone hear go out of their way to buy any specific black owned products? Curious on what, and your experiences.

It'll be ok. Every family has one. It could be worse.

You could look at you twitter history and realize you're that one in your family.

Morning pretty people.

I have two uncles who live at home with their momma. One in his late fifties, the other in his early sixties. The younger one doesn't read very well, and now has complications from diabetes, so he'll never get a job. Which isn't a stretch, because he hasn't really worked in almost 20 years.

This dude wanted to buy a computer, so he could write a book using dictation. So I was going to sell him a computer. He gave me 50 bucks towards it, then I never saw anything else from him. I ended up selling the computer several months later.

He now hit me up for the fifty bucks. This is from last YEAR. Am I supposed to hold this shit like KMart?

Well if you sold it, you should have given him $50 out of it.

Well if you sold it, you should have given him $50 out of it.

But the cancellation fee has to be at least $25. Don't forget the administrative fees for preparing to give him the computer. That's another 15. Then you have to think about the opportunity costs. That's 5. Then add in the annoyance of being asked about the 50 one day. That's 5. So...there's nothing left.

You're right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom