• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

D i Z

Yeah, I'm wondering what the end game is here. She came in hot. She insulted the community. Fuck are we tryna see sides for? Outta here with that fucking noise..

animated-put-that-evil-on-me.gif

The way it played out, I've got my ideas.

-----
What it is, shy!

-------

We're going to see some much more of this kind of shit...

This is just disappointing. All around.

Yes, a private message could have been a good solution, but that is clearly not what
Cindi wanted.

And let me be clear, having one's blackness questioned, on this site in general and in this community in particular, is unwarranted and uncalled for. Unless the person in question is Rachel Dolezal.

What I'm seeing is people, mostly men, uncomfortable with the anger of a woman. And I'm also seeing Cindi rage at everyone in this channel for the actions of one person. Perhaps because no one was defending her and she either met silence or a call for silence (the PMs). Even if it was only meant to prevent unneeded tension, you can see how it would look to another woman.

I would like to add that as we all have our own journeys of blackness, so to speak, that we can also hold multiple opinions at the same time. We can be mad at gentrification /and/ the murders of black transwomen. We can be concerned about the school to prison pipeline /and/ miffed at Miley Cyrus and others who appropriate our culture. We can read James Baldwin and watch Love and Hip Hop in Wherever. Or, we can not give a fuck about any of this (I'd prefer to not be around someone like this, but once again, I'm not going to question their blackness, just their morals).

This is just my opinion, obviously.

I agree with this, but just as ones blackness being questioned is a line-crosser, burying social issues as "unimportant" when lives are affected by it, even microaggressions, is some serious bullshit that negatively affects peoples' lives on the regular.

We shouldn't be practicing that for any "greater good".

Needless to say, things spilled out real badly, so no more talk from me about it.

I decided to go for the higher paying contract though. And holy crap, I'm so happy I did. I almost doubled the amount of money I got from my last job.

LionPride

Banned
I agree with this, but just as ones blackness being questioned is a line-crosser, burying social issues as "unimportant" when lives are affected by it, even microaggressions, is some serious bullshit that negative affects peoples' lives on the regular.

Needless to say, things spilled out real badly, so no more talk from me about it.

I decided to go for the higher paying contract though. And holy crap, I'm so happy I did. I almost doubled the amount of money I got from my last job.
Dope
Probably read about it in the nega-zone later.
Which one? There's like 50 of them shits

Johndoey

Banned
I agree with this, but just as ones blackness being questioned is a line-crosser, burying social issues as "unimportant" when lives are affected by it, even microaggressions, is some serious bullshit that negative affects peoples' lives on the regular.

Good shit man.

We need a good game of bulletball to work off some energy

But what about a game of -

What about bulletball extreme

Beat me to it.

We as a community are not ready for Bulletball extreme

Indeed.

I agree with this, but just as ones blackness being questioned is a line-crosser, burying social issues as "unimportant" when lives are affected by it, even microaggressions, is some serious bullshit that negatively affects peoples' lives on the regular.

I agree with you, and good luck with that contract!

hypernima

Banned
I think the questions of blackness on here stem more from the infil-alt accounts that try to get in with us that's all, but it still makes me uneasy. For more or less, Mrs. Manky and I seem to be on the same page about focus of issues.

Congrats and good luck, keep the hustle game strong.

akira28

Cindi has a point though, buried in all the personal attacks. Like there's been times when people outside of the thread have tried to talk shit and it's all jokes in here as a result, but now when someone is coming in here with an actual grievance they're being hushed up and told to go to PMs.

I dunno. Maybe I'll just go back to playing video games today.

I feel like I almost caught a stray while I was sleeping. bullets whizzing all over.

Cindi Mayweather, I'm sad you feel that way.

Beef, you have a point in that if she came in and stuck to the script "I saw what you said, it wasn't cool, you a punk. Feel free to explain." She could have said her piece, and even vented a bit,and left it at that. But its like she came in with a gasoline tank and matches and a a serious hate for bridges. She was intent on disemboweling duck in the middle of the thread, for all of us to see.

Airing grief and beef, to a point? I can understand it, but this was blood on the dancefloor. I mean even if she wanted to ask what other people thought, that would be one thing. But even after a suggestion to take the particularly graphic stuff out of the public thread, she takes that as a betrayal, and starts going in AT the thread and the people in it. I guess that thin line between love and hate is real. Maybe she felt it was co-signing what Duck said, being told to take it to PMs.

It wasn't. I can understand an emotional response. But calling the thread trash, minstrelsy, etc. Dang, yo.

and yes challenging her blackness, she had a right to be upset. You might get some words from me in the same situation. But while all these things could have been said and a discussion been had...now no one can have that discussion, at least not with Cindi. It was a lost opportunity that veered off course early. It went wrong and stayed that way.

I don't even know what to say, I guess I feel compelled to give my opinion. That all could have been done better. Less insults, less closed minds, more listening, more respect. We can't let that craziness out there make us all crazy in here.

This is just disappointing. All around.

Yes, a private message could have been a good solution, but that is clearly not what
Cindi wanted.

And let me be clear, having one's blackness questioned, on this site in general and in this community in particular, is unwarranted and uncalled for. Unless the person in question is Rachel Dolezal.

What I'm seeing is people, mostly men, uncomfortable with the anger of a woman. And I'm also seeing Cindi rage at everyone in this channel for the actions of one person. Perhaps because no one was defending her and she either met silence or a call for silence (the PMs). Even if it was only meant to prevent unneeded tension, you can see how it would look to another woman.

I would like to add that as we all have our own journeys of blackness, so to speak, that we can also hold multiple opinions at the same time. We can be mad at gentrification /and/ the murders of black transwomen. We can be concerned about the school to prison pipeline /and/ miffed at Miley Cyrus and others who appropriate our culture. We can read James Baldwin and watch Love and Hip Hop in Wherever. Or, we can not give a fuck about any of this (I'd prefer to not be around someone like this, but once again, I'm not going to question their blackness, just their morals).

This is just my opinion, obviously.

Mrs. Manky. Respectfully, my asking to keep it in the thread where Duck made his comment or PMs had absolutely zero to do with not wanting to hear an angry woman. I know you pop in here and there, so I'd assume you've seen how things have been going for the last couple of weeks. People have been popping in here and starting fights with random members.

My intention was to squash it before it became yet another 100 post of people going at it. This thread has eyes on it by folks that can't stand that it exist. Myself and others are just trying to keep it from being locked over some nonsense. Many members don't even post in any other thread but this one. It'd be horrible to get a lock over some outside shenanigans..

Was that person mad? Yes. That's fine. But why the insults? Why the trash talk? Why bring in what Storm Chamber said about the community? What's with the "Typical BCT-poster" bullshit that can be read on our fan sites like The Bore and others? Not sure that's how one gets folks on their side while they spitting in my bowl of soup..

I understand your concern, and please know I wasn't trying to silence at all. Hope you have a pleasant night..😃

That's because you are the white man

post-62416-The-Wire-Wee-Bey-Brice-OMG-WTF-tm9I.gif

Gordon and John...

John likes Gotham...which has someone named Gordon in it...

....=O

DJOnyyU.gif

May as well have been an alt account.

Hmm..

Sch1sm

I see a missed a fair bit today:

Hope everyone's day went well. Work was wild for me. Got called every word in the book, but he came out more angry than anyone I've ever seen. Dude was so heated by my responses he couldn't even finish the word motherf-, made some grunting sound, and cut.

Casting doubt on someone's blackness without proof to back it up should never ever be done in BCT. No one has any right to do it and be an arbiter of blackness for the forum.

LionPride

Banned
Casting doubt on someone's blackness without proof to back it up should never ever be done in BCT. No one has any right to do it and be an arbiter of blackness for the forum.

Guess it's a good thing it happened outside of the thread then huh

Also a positive that CM literally said they did it just to troll Cindi

For what it's worth...

I know Cindi's black. I remember the threads she used to post, and she had a considerable portion of racist Gaf and off-site fan clubs shook. Those threads used to be hype.

Then she stopped. I think she just got tired of trying.

Since the election, she's been on this fuck Clinton/fuck liberals/fuck outrage culture vibe and I'm tired of seeing it. She says shit people used to say to her. To the extent that I thought she might have actually been hacked.

Maybe the election broke something in her like it did for a lot of other people.

LionPride

Banned
For what it's worth...

I know Cindi's black. I remember the threads she used to post, and she had a considerable portion of racist Gaf and off-site fan clubs shook. Those threads used to be hype.

Then she stopped. I think she just got tired of trying.

Since the election, she's been on this fuck Clinton/fuck liberals/fuck outrage culture vibe and I'm tired of seeing it. She says shit people used to say to her.

Maybe the election broke something in her like it did for a lot of other people.
Which itself is something that is interesting...seeing the change in a person

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Come on all, there's a reason meta-discussions are frowned upon. I'm jumping into this late, but if there's a major concern send a PM to mod staff.

A BCT poster pulling that mess on another BCT poster knowing damn well what the reaction would be is pretty close.

That poster doesn't post in here. Hasn't since November 2016. That poster came in here and flung shit at the community, as that poster has done in other outside threads. This pretty close stuff? To you. I know Duck. He's been here longer than most..I don't know that person. And this thread ain't that thread.

Mrs. Manky. Respectfully, my asking to keep it in the thread where Duck made his comment or PMs had absolutely zero to do with not wanting to hear an angry woman. I know you pop in here and there, so I'd assume you've seen how things have been going for the last couple of weeks. People have been popping in here and starting fights with random members.

My intention was to squash it before it became yet another 100 post of people going at it. This thread has eyes on it by folks that can't stand that it exist. Myself and others are just trying to keep it from being locked over some nonsense. Many members don't even post in any other thread but this one. It'd be horrible to get a lock over some outside shenanigans..

Was that person mad? Yes. That's fine. But why the insults? Why the trash talk? Why bring in what Storm Chamber said about the community? What's with the "Typical BCT-poster" bullshit that can be read on our fan sites like The Bore and others? Not sure that's how one gets folks on their side while they spitting in my bowl of soup..

I understand your concern, and please know I wasn't trying to silence at all. Hope you have a pleasant night..😃

I completely understand what you were trying to do and where you were coming from, Gordon. You were trying to be the voice of reason, and I appreciate it.

Somebody here probably already has a multi post breakdown tracking the entire saga months back. There's a file for every BCT member here that gets updated day to day and I won't be convinced otherwise.

akira28

I'm not even caught up yet. I'm not gonna catch up.

Marvin, what's goin on?

edit: never mind. the last part was much shorter than I expected.

ok, so I guess my final thought is, we got to have the right to be up front with each other. But we also need to have respect for each other and the group. So...getting mad and wanting to talk shit out, in BCT? Ok. As soon as it gets too much for the floor, and someone asks you to take it private, that respectful request should receive some respectful consideration. "you're not the boss of me, I'm going to do what I want. you're wrong and I'm going to tell you about yourself." well ok, but at that point respect flies towards the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom