• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sch1sm

What "good" things do I hate?

I'm just talking shit with that but, 'cause can a Gotham fan truly gave good taste? 🤔

But the second part stands, why do you like Gotham?

E: genuinely curious, too, not even gonna give you shit beyond that. I found it boring as all hell.

Jandro got me listening to Mask Off now....smh

I don't know why it's so damn catchy

Can't top:

"Have you ever wished you lived inside a virtual reality"

and...........this.....thing

Scrolled through, and It just keeps going!!!

Uberbae

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/moment...ffpost.net/cms/entry/58db7b5fe4b0546370635c32

Chick drives her man's side chick to his house.

Fuckery levels going up

lol hilarious

Also Jesus at the Chris brown gif. Why they bother putting him on tv in the first place?!

Zaverious

I'm just talking shit with that but, 'cause can a Gotham fan truly gave good taste? ��

But the second part stands, why do you like Gotham?

E: genuinely curious, too, not even gonna give you shit beyond that. I found it boring as all hell.

Oh I thought you were gonna convince me that ham and fish were actually good. :)

But I just really enjoy the cheesiness and the camp style in the series even from season 1 and saw season 2 to be a major step up in writing. Season 3 kinda meh right now but I still enjoy it. Crazy shit still happens every episode. It has a lot of what I want from a comic book show that just embraces a lot of the powers and stupidity like The Flash even though that has been going downhill for me since season 1 finale but still. I ain't all Johndoey about it.

K8rcyKu.gif

https://twitter.com/cmbstan/status/847297660465827840

caliph95

'Do you sometimes buy games because of the hot girls?"

"Do you sometimes confuse game fiction with real life?"

This is NeoGAF.
You know i probably shouldn't judge too much because we were all 13 and bought GTA and Mortal kombat.

I hope the second one isn't a real thread though,

become a early days League of Legends pro
spend your career on a team known to choke when it counts
never really be on top
retire to stream on Twitch full time
get a Rolling Stone article saying you earn 2 million a year
Win the long game

akira28

Because he put Some Uvo on it, what is hard to understand

when you put it like that, it suddenly makes sense.

edit: just installed GTAV last night. Game is fast paced, or I'm old, or maybe my Xbox360 really was just that much slower than my computer. But holy shit.

It really hurts crashing these expensive cars into shit. and I really need to upgrade to a 1070 from this 670.

zeemumu

Okay, that wasn't Knuckles this time. I did however get cut repeatedly and while I didn't feel the pain anymore I could feel the area where the slash marks used to be after I woke up. Doing some research at 2:30AM, this is apparently called "Phantom Pain"

What do GTA or Mortal Kombat have to do with those thread titles?

Every female character in Mortal Kombat his insanely attractive and in the old games used to wear those weird leotard thongs. Even the female monsters are attractive.

Back in the day there was a fear of people mimicking the violence that they saw in stuff like GTA and Manhunt. It was completely baseless and more fearmongering than anything but that was a thing for a while.

Tizoc

I did not like Cyborg replacing Martian Manhunter in the comics, but if it were, in say, Animated series or movies, I could prob. roll with it.

The Cinematic DC-verse having Cyborg among the crew is fine IMO, but I just couldn't stand DC replacing MM like that.
What, J'onn wasn't Black enough for Geoff Johns or something?

caliph95

I did not like Cyborg replacing Martian Manhunter in the comics, but if it were, in say, Animated series or movies, I could prob. roll with it.

The Cinematic DC-verse having Cyborg among the crew is fine IMO, but I just couldn't stand DC replacing MM like that.
Seems like a DC thing than Geoff johns.
Yeah, i don't usually say stuff like that but Cyborg is clear diversity quota so they don't have to answer having an all white team.

Which didn't stop avengers before they added Falcon, War machine and Panther.

Cyborg's whole push just screams Corporate wants a diversity push. It feels unearned, it feels force and it's just weak overall. He's not one of the big boys. His black ass needs to stay in his lane and work with The Titans.

The DCAU got so many things right. The JL lineup was diverse, unique and great. Everything felt earned.

-----------
Morning everyone. I drank too much Virgina Black last night and I woke up still feeling tipsy. Im required to drive Cars & Trucks for my work. Don't think I should be going in today.

Aiustis

Cyborg's whole push just screams Corporate wants a diversity push. It feels unearned, it feels force and it's just weak overall. He's not one of the big boys. His black ass needs to stay in his lane and work with The Titans.

The DCAU got so many things right. The JL lineup was diverse, unique and great. Everything felt earned.

-----------
Morning everyone. I drank too much Virgina Black last night and I woke up still feeling tipsy. Im required to drive Cars & Trucks for my work. Don't think I should be going in today.

Imo all DC's POC superheroes feel like a corporate diversity plan.

Slayven

Good morning BCT.

Did you guys know "son" is a verb nowadays? Man these kids amirite?

Funny how folks can understand memes, anime terms, and estoric internet slang. But put a little urban in perfectly formed sentence with context clues and suddenly folks are "No Habula"

-----------

Imo all DC's POC superheroes feel like a corporate diversity plan.
Mr Terrific is pretty great.

Other than that I'm struggling to think of a book that doesn't feel like tokenism. I mean shit, do they even have a black led ongoing other than Cyborgs shitshow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom