• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.

akira28

people got to learn what to keep to themselves. you didn't vote? nigga don't tell people that? I should have been there to smack him in the back of the head.

...I know you not acting like a fan of Miss Donna Brazile with an opinion like that. She'd probably smack you upside the head herself.

I will back Donna up for what she tried to do. but...I ain't caping for them Democrats and I'll leave it at that. don't do that Ms. Brazille, My head is hard and you will hurt your hand.

I claim her. Not them. Big damn difference.

Zaverious

people got to learn what to keep to themselves. you didn't vote? nigga don't tell people that? I should have been there to smack him in the back of the head.

Some people like to brag about it in your face. What's so great about hounding people on stuff like that? Do they like to see me roll my eyes or something? :/

akira28

Some people like to brag about it in your face. What's so great about hounding people on stuff like that? Do they like to see me roll my eyes or something? :/

The people I know who roll like that are all about how the vote doesn't matter. But its like, fool, you didn't vote so you automatically don't matter. It's not like him winning proved your point, you proved his!

But they literally believe politics isn't worth shit and they can't change anything. I used to argue, but I don't have contact as much.

At least vote locally. Those things matter. You can elect or unelect your local Judge.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Hi BCTGAF! How y'all doi...

Ba0QMWf.gif

What I miss? Who do I need hit upside the head with a blackfist pick?

akira28

The way black people relate to the Democratic party, I think really has a generational component, and I think it exists for multiple reasons.

I agree that Donna wouldn't like the idea that black American population is used as a voting backstop for the Democratic party. She would disagree, strongly. It's not something that she could believe in, not something she would accept. but could she successfully argue against it? Prove that the Democratic party doesn't use the black vote in a practically political way, while not giving nearly as much representation or protection or reform or results or however you would like to break it down?

I don't think so.

andthebeatgoeson

I'm upset with people who didn't vote because a lot of them act like they need an Obama figure to 'get excited' about. And now we see what happens when you don't vote. It's selfish. Sure, you have the right to not vote but it's selfish af.

'Oh, this candidate didn't give me a blow job, I'm not really feeling it.'

Fuck your excitement and enthusiasm and think of all the harm your fellow man will have. Or not but your freedom to not vote doesn't make you immune to criticism.
----
This first half, doe

The way black people relate to the Democratic party, I think really has a generational component, and I think it exists for multiple reasons.

I agree that Donna wouldn't like the idea that black American population is used as a voting backstop for the Democratic party. She would disagree, strongly. It's not something that she could believe in, not something she would accept. but could she successfully argue against it? Prove that the Democratic party doesn't use the black vote in a practically political way, while not giving nearly as much representation or protection or reform or results or however you would like to break it down?

I don't think so.

From being in her class and getting to know her in an academic setting I would agree with you.

RedSwirl

Do we have numbers how how much voter suppression played a part? I've heard anecdotes of "thousands" of black voters being turned away at the polls. Plus his i the first election in a while without the full protections of the VRA.

Anyway, DWP continues to be good. I continue to be shocked at how rounded its black experiences are.

Anyway 2: I think I have too many apps. I basically never not have at least seven updates qued.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
I voted. Was going to vote for Bernie, but went for Hilary once I was actually at the station.

Thought "Theres NO way that that dude Trump is going to win. No one would put someone that goofy with ZERO experience into one of the most powerful positions in the world.

....wut."

i keep losing on chapter 2 against the waves of JACKs w/ heihachi :(
I'm shit, bout to turn the difficulty down to easy lmfao

edit: ah as soon as i posted this i finally got through it. papa bless

Politically? I'm tired.

We have an immediate threat in Trump as well as state violence in general, and it feels like nobody knows how to stop it.

Not the activists, not the Dems, definitely not the progressives.

Zekes!

Lord have mercy the NBA is boring.

I've been trying to get back into ball for ages and that was the first game I've watched in a while. A little while ago I had watched a boring Bulls vs Jazz game which made me sad because I remembered being young and being hyped to watch Jordan face off against Karl Malone.

Gonna try to stick through the whole finals though.

Beefy

I can relate to my US brothers and sisters. When you keep getting the Tories (UK) voted in that attack the poor/sick and disabled you become disillusioned with politics

Zekes!

It was at like 75% five hours ago I figured it'd be done.

Uuuuh maybe.

PM me anyway so I can double check. I don't like having my stuff just out where fuckery may ensue.

them PSN download speeds man

I started my download last night before I went to bed. Last minute pre-order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom