• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just popping in to say I wasn't permed, but I'm going to peace out anyway as it's generally better for me nerves.

I got blasted for telling someone to fuck off, and since the racists and knucklehead posters aren't going anywhere, I guess I have to.

Enjoy life

throughout my entire time on GAF, I don't think I have seen one positive thing ever said about it, other than people saying "oh this was my first tekken". hell, here's a post from one the first threads I ever made:

as for tekken advance, well, nobody cares about advance. it's not even a major installment since there was no such game called "tekken advance" in arcades; just a scaled down version of T3 with "advance" in the title - it was a popular trend back then I think

Checked my quotes and saw this. I still agree that Tekken 4 is the worst in the series.

I've never played Advance though, so I could be proven wrong.

Dai101

Banned
Just popping in to say I wasn't permed, but I'm going to peace out anyway as it's generally better for me nerves.

I got blasted for telling someone to fuck off, and since the racists and knucklehead posters aren't going anywhere, I guess I have to.

Enjoy life

Yo Duck! Nice to see you didn't got permd.

Is sad for you to go but is OK, we understand that feeling. Cuidate carnal, we'll see you around.

Star Wars is boring anyway
gonna have to agree with you here

is that a yakuza avatar?
Checked my quotes and saw this. I still agree that Tekken 4 is the worst in the series.

I've never played Advance though, so I could be proven wrong.
whoa, that was you in the thread lol

Advance was really nothing special. A tekken game restricted to 2 limb buttons, and a shoulder button for a grab

there was a tag option though, and it allowed 2 partners

Young Magus

Enjoy life

Keep in real sempai.
aqDwC.png

edit: I hope all BCT gets well. take it easy, do some self care, remember the love for why you do what you do or what you hope to do in the future. remember that the present is a state of mind and of change and not let the negative over ride the positive that is inside. Don't let stress take you over, seek out that peace how ever you can, where ever you can find it, and appreciate it.

Thanks for this, needed a reminder

Numb

In this Tekken grind too hard gotta step back!

Enjoy life
Take care of yourself man
I make a post about Black Panther and y'all nikkas wanna go on & on about Star Wars. Crabs in a bucket, I tell ya.
All disney

akira28

No no. You're thinking of Frankie Beverly and Maze, not Mace.

you mean FRAAAANKIE BEVERLY featuring MAAAZZE

This Saturday at the Huey Freeman Cultural Arena

Thanks for this, needed a reminder

*salute*

Enjoy life

dont stay gone for good. but leave when you must in order to stay good

black panther & spiderman = best part of captain america 3

outshining him in "his" own fuckin movie

i don't think spidey was all that great in that movie but i agree that BP stole the movie. After the movie i got super hyped up for Black Panther, one of my most anticipated films.

D i Z

I make a post about Black Panther and y'all nikkas wanna go on & on about Star Wars. Crabs in a bucket, I tell ya.

I told you that you were about to start something.

Oh wait. That was Zav. Nevermind. Still shocked you ain't banned again yet.

Faustek

Take Care Duck.

All those views...

THE FUCK am I doing with my life?

I need to go make an album and put my kid through college...

That pinned comment.
"LETS GET IT TO #1 ON ITUNES FAM!! GO NOW!".
I don't know but it makes me feel weird when I see that.

i don't think spidey was all that great in that movie but i agree that BP stole the movie. After the movie i got super hyped up for Black Panther, one of my most anticipated films.

Thought he was fantastic as the, literally, new kid on the block but yes BP was on another level in that movie. Spidy and especially BP saved that movie for me. I found it to be boring and still plagued by third tier Alaska hobo fighting. Should really just be a ban on American actors even trying to fight if it isn't professionals and even then I'm sure they'll edit and cut it to look bad.

Merc_

Enjoy life

Sorry to see you go, Duck.

Take care of yourself.

same, i didn't even know anything about black panther before this and now i'm excited to see his movie. i also agree that spidey wasn't all that, but just his presence being the culmination of sony & disney getting together is what was awesome

All those views...

THE FUCK am I doing with my life?

I need to go make an album and put my kid through college...
If you wasting money on that video you can waste it on inflating the initial views

Why do all these movie stars always return to TV? Anna Farris, Tim Allen, Kevin James...seems so unheard of until these last couple years.
TV is where the good story is from, constant money and you get to roll over the Cavs in the finals

The constant bs in the OT post bish makes a lot more sense after Evilore's post. He may have been too broad in his bans, but it made this forum a lot better imo.

Sch1sm

The constant bs in the OT post bish makes a lot more sense after Evilore's post. He may have been too broad in his bans, but it made this forum a lot better imo.

Eh. Unless people are outright hateful, it's not problematic. In those cases? You can always report them, and the mod/admin will get to it. Luckily, that's a minority of cases.

I just take it all less seriously these days, going into OT. There's no use in getting heated over any of it, or arguing with what you disagree with. If it escalates beyond my initially trying to get my point across, I'm out, every time, lol.

---

Y'all ever watch Blacula, and Scream Blacula Scream?

It's just this ridiculous attitude that "everything can be and should be debated" which I've always found to be nonsense.

But whatever, won't bitch about it on the forum the guy owns. I just think it's naive on it's best day and wantonly ignorant and dangerous on it's best.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Uhh, this is one of the most heavily moderated large communities you'll find anywhere on the internet. "Everything can and should be debated" is a straw man you're imagining that applies to Silicon Valley libertarian ideologies applied to social platform moderation, like Twitter and Reddit's, where they have given almost no fucks about hate speech and harassment time and time again. Your perception is warped. Go try out somewhere else for a while and get a more accurate sense of where NeoGAF sits in the spectrum.

Slayven

Eh. Unless people are outright hateful, it's not problematic. In those cases? You can always report them, and the mod/admin will get to it. Luckily, that's a minority of cases.

I just take it all less seriously these days, going into OT. There's no use in getting heated over any of it, or arguing with what you disagree with. If it escalates beyond my initially trying to get my point across, I'm out, every time, lol.

---

End of the day you are just arguing on the internet, even when you win, you lose

Uhh, this is one of the most heavily moderated large communities you'll find anywhere on the internet. "Everything can and should be debated" is a straw man you're imagining that applies to Silicon Valley libertarian ideologies applied to social platform moderation, like Twitter and Reddit's, where they have given almost no fucks about hate speech and harassment time and time again. Your perception is warped. Go try out somewhere else for a while and get a more accurate sense of where NeoGAF sits in the spectrum.

It's probably because it's late, but do you mean this thread, or GAF as a whole

Shy

Took a day and laid in the bed, feel a world of better. I was seriously thinking of calling an ambulance, but now I am just weak and recovering. Respiratory infections ain't nothing to fuck with
Goodness.

Glad you feeling better, fam.

---

Maybe CPP will slip up and get more direct in his -ism he already got threatened to not edit his tag post

Sch1sm

Maybe CPP will slip up and get more direct in his -ism he already got threatened to not edit his tag post

I can't tell if he genuinely just wants to believe what he does, or what, but I know better than to even have discussions on the connotation behind the use of hard r's in foreign countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom