• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malyse

I'm not shocked that Spider-Man Homecoming is Laura Harrier's first major film (though I'm surprised she's 27), but this is Zendaya's first major film too?
Itachi Uchiha was the best bullshit character ever.

Speaking of Gotham, 2 hour finale tonight. Tune in.

Alternatively

flat,800x800,070,f.u4.jpg

you know how bad Hollywood is when they made 2 movies
white phone booth and black phone booth in the same year.
Dam shame black phone booth had Wesley Snipes and flopped

Sch1sm

I almost want to read it to see how he managed to incorporate those things.

What do you think of the questions/backlash when it comes to sapiosexuality?

I can't imagine how it works. You can't see someone's intelligence the way you do their appearance, unless you're in a place that calls for it. How exactly do they navigate the dating scene if the first thing they're attracted to is a person's brain? Or do they go a trial and error route if they're not on OKCupid with it set as their orientation? Sounds like it'd take forever, b. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Zaverious

I can't fuck with Naruto as a character. It's the idiot hero who runs on forgiveness thing taken to the absolute extreme.

I found the forgiveness stuff ok except for when he literally says Obito is the coolest guy when he sacrifices himself. The guy that caused your parents death, started a ninja war for the sole purpose of capturing you and Killer Bee, killed Neji in front of you. That Obito.

I can't fuck with Naruto as a character. It's the idiot hero who runs on forgiveness thing taken to the absolute extreme.

Naruto (the series) is pretty much all shonen clichés dialed to 10000%. Like Bleach, it had a strong start with potential but as soon as those initial arcs were done and they had to start building an actual story and developing the world, it fell into shit straight away.

Zaverious

When you find out from the 2nd Hokage that Uchiha are genetically predisposed to do dumb shit after they lose someone they get attached to. lol

Malyse

Odds on Pokken 2 for switch?

Also, I can't believe there's no Pokemon amiibo line. I mean, at least let me get the trainers like Dawn or Dawn or Sabrina or at the very least Dawn.

Ain't no different from attending posh dinner parties if you've ever. People that exchange what they've done in life, what they've accomplished, whom they've met and rubbed elbows with. No different from people who seek people that are at the same level they're at in life, regarding college degree, social status and financial stability. Might be ignorant of me to say but I don't believe Sapiosexuality as a real thing because of what I mentioned formal.

People like to paint themselves differently/different from the rest of mainstream dating society when they start using inconsequential labels such as Sapiosexual. At the end of the day its all still no different than being attracted to something for just physical purposes. In this case the attraction is what you have accomplished in your life to prove your intelligence that they're attracted too, and its just as vain. But, thats my opinion.

Remember when Itachi made Naruto eat a crow imbued with his best friend's Mangekyo Sharigan for the purpose of forcing Sasuke to become good again through mind control genjutsu when in contact with Naruto but instead used it on his undead self so he could be granted free will?

FWIW, yes Itachi had intended for the bird to be used on Sasuke, but he wasn't expecting to be rez'd and certainly wasn't expecting to see Naruto again.

D i Z

When people say that Maher needs to stay on the air because there is no show like his, as important as his I have to wonder what they mean. In this landscape of political commentary where other much better shows don't make it, what makes this libertarians show so important?

Kreed

I'm a bit thick. so i don't get joke.

What's funny ?

Storm's stirring the pot. Focus on negotiating more scenes in the Last Jedi.

When people say that Maher needs to stay on the air because there is no show like his, as important as his I have to wonder what they mean. In this landscape of political commentary where other much better shows don't make it, what makes this libertarians show so important?

This is part of the reason I was disappointed in the Nightly Show getting cancelled by Comedy Central. There really aren't a lot of political panel shows on main stream TV with a variety of guest from "both sides" where you can get a mixture of views, from politicians to celebrities, all interacting with each other on the news subjects of the day/week. I wish there were more shows where the likes of Neil DeGrasse Tyson, Joy Reid, and even Cornel West in small doses, could all come onto a show and debate. That's not a defense of Maher himself however, as I've been over Bill himself since he started going on anti Muslim nonsense every other episode to get back at Ben Affleck. But I doubt HBO would make another panel show if Maher's was cancelled/they would keep Real Time and replace Maher.

Edit: I would say I called it but like Jandro said, I can't call water being wet.

D i Z

Storm's stirring the pot. Focus on negotiating more scenes in the Last Jedi.

This is part of the reason I was disappointed in the Nightly Show getting cancelled by Comedy Central. There really aren't a lot of political panel shows on main stream TV with a variety of guest from "both sides" where you can get a mixture of views, from politicians to celebrities, all interacting with each other on the news subjects of the day/week. I wish there were more shows where the likes of Neil DeGrasse Tyson, Joy Reid, and even Cornel West in small doses, could all come onto a show and debate. That's not a defense of Maher himself however, as I've been over Bill himself since he started going on anti Muslim nonsense every other episode to get back at Ben Affleck. But I doubt HBO would make another panel show if Maher's was cancelled/they would keep Real Time and replace Maher.

Edit: I would say I called it but like Jandro said, I can't call water being wet.

Except that this particular format is nothing more than dinner theater for the people who don't get to eat at the table with the Bourgeoisie. The problem with these political discourse shows is that they're all on some Marie Antoinette shit and aren't about diagramming truth or real information. And with the 24 hr news cycle doing what they do, but more earnestly (badly) it kind of shows how the format is tripping over itself and needs to evolve.

Finally watched Get Out

man, what a great film. Chris a fool for not leaving within the first few minutes though
5I5s8.png

"top NCAA prospects"
mjlol.png

akira28

chris was't going to leave his bae behind. ''come on girl lets go''

''hey bay you know we're trying to kill you right?''
''girl stop playin...(white people so crazy)...''

Malyse

Snow White: ”Be proud to die by my hand."

Cinderella: ”Isn't it just fun to gouge people?"

Ibara-Hime (Sleeping Beauty): ”You don't have to wake up anymore, okay?"

Kaguya-Hime: ”The weak have no right to live."

Pinocchio: ”My staff acted out on its own!"

Hansel Gretel: ”How about I shove your head on the stove?"

Akazukin (Little Red Riding Hood): ”I wonder how I should kill next!"

Alice: ”Pray, wish, fight, kill."

Yoko Taro's new game sounds fun.
----

Adder won't be back, so it's all on you Bronx.

andthebeatgoeson

'I've never been to an Eastern European country but it's possible that when they yelled at you, "I like my country nigger free", they meant something else.'

Caping for countries you've never been to.

Johndoey

Banned
On the other hand I've spent a significant part of the last three days watching The Amazing World Of Gumball, and that is a quality cartoon.

Sch1sm

Maybe The Cool just came out in Canada. Should we tell them about the next album? 🤔

How behind does America think Canada is?

E: While judging me for Lupe, I may as well expose that T.I. was one of my favourites at a time. I don't own all his stuff, though, I don't know a damn thing beyond Paper Trail.

My favourites today aren't limited to Lupe, though. 'low it.

Don't forget I'm too young to have your 90s artists as my favourites, okay.

Johndoey

Banned
How behind does America think Canada is?

E: While judging me for Lupe, I may as well expose that T.I. was one of my favourites at a time. I don't own all his stuff, though, I don't know a damn thing beyond Paper Trail.

My favourites today aren't limited to Lupe, though. 'low it.

Don't forget I'm too young to have your 90s artists as my favourites, okay.

You're never too young for Korn and Longpigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom