• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh. Unless people are outright hateful, it's not problematic. In those cases? You can always report them, and the mod/admin will get to it. Luckily, that's a minority of cases.

I just take it all less seriously these days, going into OT. There's no use in getting heated over any of it, or arguing with what you disagree with. If it escalates beyond my initially trying to get my point across, I'm out, every time, lol.

This is a good way to think about it. Say your piece. Argue logically and strongly for your position. If you feel someone crosses a line, report the post.

It wounds me when I have to ban a poster (not just BCT, any GAF poster) talking about some logical stuff because they can't hold back on some personal shit, outright insults, or blanket 'fuck you'.

Don't get yourself got over someone posting nonsense.

And remember, we don't read everything. You notice someone saying something in GardeningGAF, shoot a PM with a post link and an explanation of the problem. We'll at least take a look at it. Folks pointing me at threads to lay down the law over spoilers and console war shit, so yeah, we'll look at more heinous stuff too.

akira28

The constant bs in the OT post bish makes a lot more sense after Evilore's post. He may have been too broad in his bans, but it made this forum a lot better imo.

Too broad in his bans? I dunno. Made this forum better? I would say so.
Bemused at all that's going on of late. If Bish is the 'former admin' I at least appreciated his intentions. Ultimately it may not even be possible, if neogaf is the better part of the spectrum. I guess it helps to have a reminder of just how large and muddled the internet is.

Shy

Too broad in his bans? I dunno. Made this forum better? I would say so.
Bemused at all that's going on of late. If Bish is the 'former admin' I at least appreciated his intentions. Ultimately it may not even be possible, if neogaf is the better part of the spectrum. I guess it helps to have a reminder of just how large and muddled the internet is.
I think we should just drop it.

I don't want this place to get nuked.

Kreed

Thanks for that, i usually have this stream in the background: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TabMg56daZ0

---

Any BokuNoHero BCT'ers? This ep was hype as fuck!

I am reading the manga and the Vigilante spin off, but I've heard the anime is good.

Just popping in to say I wasn't permed, but I'm going to peace out anyway as it's generally better for me nerves.

I got blasted for telling someone to fuck off, and since the racists and knucklehead posters aren't going anywhere, I guess I have to.

Enjoy life

Stay safe Labor/hope you come back eventually.

Glad I decided to go fishing yesterday...

Mornin' everyone.

Took a day and laid in the bed, feel a world of better. I was seriously thinking of calling an ambulance, but now I am just weak and recovering. Respiratory infections ain't nothing to fuck with

Thats serious shit fam, get yourself checked out still.

I am reading the manga and the Vigilante spin off, but I've heard the anime is good.

I read the manga too! Haven't read Vigilantes.

In the anime, we just had
Todoroki vs Deku in the tourney
and HOLY SHIT at the animation. Check it out in the anime thread, someone posted some gifs of the last minute of that. I mean, if you don't want to bother with the whole ep.

Johndoey

Banned
Took a day and laid in the bed, feel a world of better. I was seriously thinking of calling an ambulance, but now I am just weak and recovering. Respiratory infections ain't nothing to fuck with

Is this somethings that keeps reoccurring? Or has this been a one-off for you?

Glad your feeling a bit better. Have you seen your Primary yet?

Faustek

Afternoon bct
Tekken still not here....and it's our national holiday tomorrow. So tekken on Wednesday then.
The constant bs in the OT post bish makes a lot more sense after Evilore's post. He may have been too broad in his bans, but it made this forum a lot better imo.

For one thing his presence in a thread made people clean up their act, they probably still held some heinous views but cleaned up their language and were forced to expand instead of just driving by adding a nugget of hate to the already building pile. Heck even in stupid threads I actually sat down to make sure my grammar and spelling was ok. I barely ever do that ^^
Not saying I don't respect the red but Bish was on another level. I blame the gaming sides gif game.

Glad you're better now rest some more so the next step in your evolution is completed.

Boy, I wonder why Flint is having problems?

That was a large pile of ignorance and talk about being so far up your own ass you can't see.

I'm with Shy here, we should just move on from the topic for the sake of the thread.

yepp.

Good morning BCT. I hope this Monday treats everyone well.

Slayven I'm happy to hear that you are feeling better.

I'm pretty stoked about E3. Hype levels are low but I think that just means I no longer expect too much only to be disappointed. Hopefully my team respects my PTO request for next Monday.

Afternoon bct

Good afternoon

Beefy

Hope you recover soon man, take it easy

Get well soon, Slayven.

--------------

Morning, everyone. Another work week for all of us. Hope all of you have a good day today.

Damn it, grandpa, you know you got to look for yourself at your age. You probably went and picked up some old dusty Captain Marvel books to read and see where it got you.

My PS4 and Tekken 7 coming in today. Get ready fools.
mT_mHl.gif

When you hop online to fight Numb.

Uhh, this is one of the most heavily moderated large communities you'll find anywhere on the internet. "Everything can and should be debated" is a straw man you're imagining that applies to Silicon Valley libertarian ideologies applied to social platform moderation, like Twitter and Reddit's, where they have given almost no fucks about hate speech and harassment time and time again. Your perception is warped. Go try out somewhere else for a while and get a more accurate sense of where NeoGAF sits in the spectrum.

I think we should just drop it.

I don't want this place to get nuked.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Zaverious

Remember when Itachi made Naruto eat a crow imbued with his best friend's Mangekyo Sharigan for the purpose of forcing Sasuke to become good again through mind control genjutsu when in contact with Naruto but instead used it on his undead self so he could be granted free will?

LotusHD

Banned
Remember when Itachi made Naruto eat a crow imbued with his best friend's Mangekyo Sharigan for the purpose of forcing Sasuke to become good again through mind control genjutsu when in contact with Naruto but instead used it on his undead self so he could be granted free will?

Yes.

Johndoey

Banned
Damn. Sorry to hear that
Thanks. Hopefully I'll be able to find something today.

I stopped Naruto outside of individual clips and everything I've heard about it reinforces that was the correct decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom