• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.
You heard people trying to justify their purchase

So did they end up bad or not?

This is the danger of believing and hyping up rumors. Why folks would want the first mainline console Pokemon game to be a port is beyond me.

I can't blame Nintendo for this. Gaming side only has itself to blame for hyping up rumors.

No I do blame Nintendo. I would want it because that way I wouldn't have missed anything really.

Zaverious

They're not bad games. They're just not considered major titles to most people. So it's just been Zelda until ARMS comes out next Friday if you don't count ports.
'

Merc_

So did they end up bad or not?

No I do blame Nintendo. I would want it because that way I wouldn't have missed anything really.

I liked Mario Kart Deluxe just fine. I can't tell you about the other ones since I didn't pick them up.

I'm not sure how it's Nintendo's fault that gaming side bought into rumors. Nintendo also doesn't really have control over Pokemon, TPC does.

Zaverious

any gow fans here besides me sad that sony picked someone else to the voice instead of carson?

I'm sad about it as well. Not like he can't tone down his Kratos for the direction the game is going for. You reminded about the game too. I wish the gameplay style didn't change even though I'll probably like it when I play it eventually.

Merc_

Nintendo fans are freaking out over the the E3 direct length now.

I can already see how mad they're going to be next week.

I'm sad about it as well. Not like he can't tone down his Kratos for the direction the game is going for. You reminded about the game too. I wish the gameplay style didn't change even though I'll probably like it when I play it eventually.
Thank you. In the bigger picture of things, cutting him loose will not matter, but it makes a huge difference to me. It might as well be literally a game changer.

Kreed

Nintendo knows they can never meet fan expectations, that's why they went from having their own conferences, to showing up at E3, to releasing 30+ minute trailers. Pretty soon it's just going to be Sean Spicer at a podium reading a list.

Nintendo knows they can never meet fan expectations, that's why they went from having their own conferences, to showing up at E3, to releasing 30+ minute trailers. Pretty soon it's just going to be Sean Spicer at a podium reading a list.
Lmao. Spicer just yelling at the viewers, about why they should be hype.

Naw they will have the announcements of what games they are making next by a list of ammibo is released at a Toys-R-Us press release

Merc_

I never knew I wanted this until this very moment.

Slayven

Anyone else just tired of E3 in general?

They call it E3 now because 3 years is the soonest you will see any of these games that are announce there.

Sch1sm

They call it E3 now because 3 years is the soonest you will see any of these games that are announce there.

I only use E3 to mass preorder games on a discount at Amazon, and then as time comes I just cancel items. I don't even watch the thing. I look at highlights.

Obviously it's a fanboy thing in general but gaf fanboys of any sect are pretty fucking obnoxious this special time of year.
i think the word fanboy is kinda misused in video game terms. i always took it to mean someone in one camp, who constantly trash talks the other camps. that's not really what anyone on gaf does

LotusHD

Banned

I guess I kinda am. It is pretty frustrating knowing that the biggest releases tend to take forever to come out.

Obviously it's a fanboy thing in general but gaf fanboys of any sect are pretty fucking obnoxious this special time of year.

No lies detected

i think the word fanboy is kinda misused in video game terms. i always took it to mean someone in one camp, who constantly trash talks the other camps. that's not really what anyone on gaf does

Somehow I doubt that.

Mizerman

Lol. Now I want this for the hilarity.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
People on gaf do that constantly lmao. They do it on other sites and on discords while still posting on gaf too. You ever hear "Nintendo fans...", "Sony fans...", "destiny fans..." etc. people always acting like they shit don't stink in gaming.

Somehow I doubt that.
well if that is something people do around here I can certainly see them getting banned for it.
People on gaf do that constantly lmao. They do it on other sites and on discords while still posting on gaf too.
that's called being a fanboy in my opinion. it's one thing to have a preference; we as human beings all have that, but it is another thing to trash talk another party just because it's not your preference.

The one time I attended was the first and the last, soon found out it wasn't my kind of crowd. E3 ain't nothing to get excited about. Its just watching announcements of announcements.

LotusHD

Banned
well if that is something people do around here I can certainly see them getting banned for it.that's called being a fanboy in my opinion. it's one thing to have a preference; we as human beings all have that, but it is another thing to trash talk another party just because it's not your preference.

I'm sure they do catch a ban, I see "unnecessary" posts like that all the time.

Amazon does E3 discounts?

I dunno about E3 discounts, but last year I used Amazon's Prime Day or w/e it called it to save some cash on games I wanted.

Merc_

It could be worse.

You could be a fan of Square-Enix games and thus wait even longer. The frustration of KH3 fans must be legendary at this point.

I'm sure they do catch a ban, I see "unnecessary" posts like that all the time.
the closest thing I ever saw to something like that was a guy named conduit who was going at me for supporting 4K blu ray on Ps4 pro, and upset at the lack thereof. ironically, he is the one who got banned

LotusHD

Banned
https://theoutline.com/post/1645/rough-night-girls-trip

Huh.
Someone make a thread cause I dun wanna.

giphy.gif

EloquentM

aka Mannny
well if that is something people do around here I can certainly see them getting banned for it.that's called being a fanboy in my opinion. it's one thing to have a preference; we as human beings all have that, but it is another thing to trash talk another party just because it's not your preference.
Most times gaming gaffers will talk shit about another fan base defending stupid decisions while marking out about their own company of choice. These corporations don't love you gaf. It is what it is though. There are clearly "communities" on this site and some of them are are composed of fanboys. I was just agreeing with the sentiment earlier about gaf losing its collective shit right now. e3 is the best time to lay low on gaf. The stupid grows to insane levels.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

. . . WHY?

Nintendo's whole thing at E3 is that they do a short presentation followed by hours and hours of people playing the games. Are they worried each individual trailer is going to be 15 seconds too short? Who cares?

Most times gaming gaffers will talk shit about another fan base defending stupid decisions while marking out about their own company of choice. These corporations don't love you gaf. It is what it is though. There are clearly "communities" on this site and some of them are are composed of fanboys. I was just agreeing with the sentiment earlier about gaf losing its collective shit right now. e3 is the best time to lay low on gaf. The stupid grows to insane levels.
it's time to lay low but i've learned a lot of stuff thanks to being on gaf also. in fact i've also come across certain deals just from being on this forum. but yeah...you as a consumer really do not stand to gain anything from watching the platforms not of your choice crash and burn, so why hope for it

LotusHD

Banned
. . . WHY?

Nintendo's whole thing at E3 is that they do a short presentation followed by hours and hours of people playing the games. Are they worried each individual trailer is going to be 15 seconds too short? Who cares?

Yea I don't get it. I mean hell, they just had that Nindies showcase not too long ago where they showed a bunch of games in quick succession. Of all the things to be worried about, length isn't really one of them.

Slayven

It could be worse.

You could be a fan of Square-Enix games and thus wait even longer. The frustration of KH3 fans must be legendary at this point.

I keep thinking KH3 is already out.... that FF7 remake won't be dropping until the next ice age

BlackJace

That's why I don't understand why folks get so stressed about Nintendo's approach to announcing things releasing in the very near future.

Look at Sony's 2015(?) conference. We got a CG announcement for FF VII Remake, which hasn't even entered full production (for Episode 1 at that!), a trailer pitch for Shenmue III's fuckin Kickstarter, and a "it's finally coming out you guise" trailer for The Last Guardian after years of silence. "Undisputed winner of E3".

Folks want a logo and a vague-ass release date nowadays it seems like. It's so stupid because it just serves as fodder for list wars.

"X console is great cuz we have Final Fantasy XVI coming in 20XX! Hyyyyyype"

FOH, what does it say about you as a consumer that you're satisfied when a company tells you "yes, we are in fact working on a product. It'll be ready when it's ready" over a game that you can actually play in a month or two?
Why even bother watching this shit anymore. At least with Nintendo or other publisher's stuff I can realistically be playing it by the end of the year.

Oh, and where's Kingdom Hearts III brehs? Exactly.

Zaverious

I've never been the type to care about release dates, early announcements and what not. Game will come out when it comes out. I have a lot of other games to play til then which is why I'm not too messed up about KH3 and FF7Remake. If they get cancelled, oh well.

Back on E3 in general though, I used to care about it a lot as a kid seeing all of these cool games that I'll never buy until years later. Now, I can wait the next day to see all of the news hit and be content. It's just hours of commercials. Also, CG trailers without gameplay to compliment it never have and never will wow me. I expect EA to have a lot of that.

Slayven

That's why I don't understand why folks get so stressed about Nintendo's approach to announcing things releasing in the very near future.

Look at Sony's 2015(?) conference. We got a CG announcement for FF VII Remake, which hasn't even entered full production (for Episode 1 at that!), a trailer pitch for Shenmue III's fuckin Kickstarter, and a "it's finally coming out you guise" trailer for The Last Guardian after years of silence. "Undisputed winner of E3".

Folks want a logo and a vague-ass release date nowadays it seems like. It's so stupid because it just serves as fodder for list wars.

"X console is great cuz we have Final Fantasy XVI coming in 20XX! Hyyyyyype"

FOH, what does it say about you as a consumer that you're satisfied when a company tells you "yes, we are in fact working on a product. It'll be ready when it's ready" over a game that you can actually play in a month or two?
Why even bother watching this shit anymore. At least with Nintendo or other publisher's stuff I can realistically be playing it by the end of the year.

Oh, and where's Kingdom Hearts III brehs? Exactly.
Because it's fun.

E3 is trash

WTF are you talking about?

Beefy

Went to docs about my neck. Got a bad neck strain that could last weeks. Just from being in a cottage for 30mins. 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom