• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else just tired of E3 in general?

They call it E3 now because 3 years is the soonest you will see any of these games that are announce there.
I wouldn't mind if everybody chilled out and only revealed that were releasing within the next fiscal year. Square is the absolute worst offender of this shit.
. . . WHY?

Nintendo's whole thing at E3 is that they do a short presentation followed by hours and hours of people playing the games. Are they worried each individual trailer is going to be 15 seconds too short? Who cares?
Nintendo can do a lot in 30 minutes as their last major Direct showed. Even then, all I want from them is more info on games they've already announced and a big surprise or two. Treehouse streams is where the fun usually is.

That's why I don't understand why folks get so stressed about Nintendo's approach to announcing things releasing in the very near future.

Look at Sony's 2015(?) conference. We got a CG announcement for FF VII Remake, which hasn't even entered full production (for Episode 1 at that!), a trailer pitch for Shenmue III's fuckin Kickstarter, and a "it's finally coming out you guise" trailer for The Last Guardian after years of silence. "Undisputed winner of E3".

Folks want a logo and a vague-ass release date nowadays it seems like. It's so stupid because it just serves as fodder for list wars.

"X console is great cuz we have Final Fantasy XVI coming in 20XX! Hyyyyyype"

FOH, what does it say about you as a consumer that you're satisfied when a company tells you "yes, we are in fact working on a product. It'll be ready when it's ready" over a game that you can actually play in a month or two?
Why even bother watching this shit anymore. At least with Nintendo or other publisher's stuff I can realistically be playing it by the end of the year.

Oh, and where's Kingdom Hearts III brehs? Exactly.

E x a c t l y. Where's Agent? We all know where Dead Island 2 and Shenmue 3 is. Beyond good & evil 2?? E3 is a hype show for pipe dreams.

Anyone else just tired of E3 in general?

They call it E3 now because 3 years is the soonest you will see any of these games that are announce there.

i agree. Square Enix and recently Sony have become the kings of this.

I'd appreciate it if more publisher's inherited what nintendo does and just announce shit when its near completion or better yet do what Bethesda did with FO4, announce it and release it like 6 months later.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I'm kind of tired of being here in italy. I miss my damn bed and I'm tired of spending my goddamn money.

Edit: Italy phone service is terrible

BlackJace

Every year my specifics are wiped clean, can you refresh my memory?

How is an emotion a culture?

Not saying you're wrong for being hyped, but I see a trend that E3 just preys on people being foolishly hyped about something that isn't even tangible, ya dig?

We all get hyped about rumors and then when--shocker shocker-- the rumor doesn't end up happening, we get endless bitching and toxic discussion. Case in point: This morning's Pokemon news.

Square Enix telling us to be excited and then dangle 7 minutes of total footage for KH3 over the span of 4 years is absurd.

I'm willing to be they only announced it because Sony knows a lot of their fanbase is easily placated by logos when we as consumers should be demanding more.

Every year I find music I missed from the previous year, but this I'm mad about just finding about the other night. Finished listening to it today. It would've been in my top ten.

I haven't posted in here in a MIN, just been super swamped with work and life but wanted to know if any BGAF members going to E3? Hit me up so we can meet up or something I land in LA on Thursday.
I saw you posting about on GAF in general, noticed you seemed pretty busy. Keep doing you, man.
People played themselves imo

Exactly. They won't have the self-awareness to realize this, however. Meanwhile, I'm enjoying Switch owners acting like entitled children in the related Pokemon threads.

I just want games
No wars

I keep forgetting to add /s at the end of everything.

The games will always be on the way, but look at E3 as investor briefings. "Here's what you can look forward to!" Also there is the occasional surprise game or program they roll out for consumers that "is available right now!"

Malyse

Man, I hope this is a good E3.

But everything I want to see is going to be at TGS (Platinum Sailor Moon, Precure Musou)
And short people. Fuck them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrjStSqu_w4

Short people got no reason
To live

They got little hands
And little eyes
And they walk around
Tellin' great big lies
They got little noses
And tiny little teeth
They wear platform shoes
On their nasty little feet

Well, I don't want no short people
Don't want no short people
Round here
Short people got nobody
Short people got nobody
Short people got nobody
To love

They got little baby legs
And they stand so low
You got to pick 'em up
Just to say hello
They got little cars
That go beep, beep, beep
They got little voices
Goin' peep, peep, peep
They got grubby little fingers
And dirty little minds
They're gonna get you every time

Well, I don't want no short people
'Round here

RedSwirl

That's why I don't understand why folks get so stressed about Nintendo's approach to announcing things releasing in the very near future.

Look at Sony's 2015(?) conference. We got a CG announcement for FF VII Remake, which hasn't even entered full production (for Episode 1 at that!), a trailer pitch for Shenmue III's fuckin Kickstarter, and a "it's finally coming out you guise" trailer for The Last Guardian after years of silence. "Undisputed winner of E3".

Folks want a logo and a vague-ass release date nowadays it seems like. It's so stupid because it just serves as fodder for list wars.

"X console is great cuz we have Final Fantasy XVI coming in 20XX! Hyyyyyype"

FOH, what does it say about you as a consumer that you're satisfied when a company tells you "yes, we are in fact working on a product. It'll be ready when it's ready" over a game that you can actually play in a month or two?
Why even bother watching this shit anymore. At least with Nintendo or other publisher's stuff I can realistically be playing it by the end of the year.

Oh, and where's Kingdom Hearts III brehs? Exactly.

I've been thinking the same thing about Sony's last two E3s: more hype than substance. Sony likes to get fans pumped up with announcements, but they're usually for games that are at least 2-3 years off. Of the major stuff I can remember I think just Last Guardian and Horizon have come out so far. Days Gone MIGHT be this year I guess? I don't know. But all that other stuff: FFVII R, Shenmue III, Death Stranding, KH III, all that shit could be as far away as 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom