• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super Mario Odyssey looks ridiculous in the best way possible

In terms of announcements, that was easily the best show for me but they sure as hell threw Pokemon and Metroid out there just for hype.

LotusHD

Banned
Kinda enjoy the fact that one persons trash is another persons treasure.

I'm a simple man.

Finally finished the main endings, and it was like yep I'm in love. Easily my favorite game of the year.

Same man, that story was some good shit

These cats really just released a logo showing that Metroid Prime 4 is in development and nothing else.

Never change Nintendo.

It's admittedly not the best look, but fuck it lol, I'm just happy it's confirmed. Especially for Metroid, people understandably thought that wasn't going anywhere lol

---

Rocket League also sounds neat.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
These cats really just released a logo showing that Metroid Prime 4 is in development and nothing else.

Never change Nintendo.

they usually don't do that

my guess is that they wanted to avoid another Metroid fanbase backlash like they had with Federation Force, so they threw that out there

andthebeatgoeson

It's like the studio just finished giving nintendo the pitch and they just decided to announce it. That game is 2020 at the earliest

Naw, they just don't want to take the focus off of 2017. I'm not sure why. We can absorb more than one at a time. A trailer. But they give no fucks about 'winning' anything. THey'll do things their own way.

I'm guessing 2018. They shot Mario and Zelda. I shouldn't assume anything but Retro has done fuck all for a couple of years.

LotusHD

Banned
I get people are into Mario etc but it aint my thing

Typically, the only Mario series I've genuinely loved is Paper Mario. (Up to Super, fuck Sticker Star and Color Splash) Though stuff like Sunshine and the other RPGs like Superstar Saga have been great as well.

But Rabbids is interesting, may pick that up. And Odyssey seems like a much bigger Sunshine type experience, so yea I'm in.

Still want that TTYD remaster/remake though...

Zekes!

I didn't catch the Odyssey trailer but the rest of that Nintendo presentation was eh. I'll cop Xenoblade, the other two are great. Need to find some time to see what's going on with Odyssey

andthebeatgoeson

I didn't catch the Odyssey trailer but the rest of that Nintendo presentation was eh. I'll cop Xenoblade, the other two are great. Need to find some time to see what's going on with Odyssey

They are doing a run through/let's play right now on their channel.

Fucking 2D walls. Like A Link Between Worlds with old school mechanics. One has old school 2D Mario, with a sombrero. Has the 8 bit pixel art with a slight update.

Kreed

That Mario game looks crazy. Glad Nintendo decided to stop playing and at least announce Pokemon (probably got the message after the online backlash).

andthebeatgoeson

That Mario game looks crazy. Glad Nintendo decided to stop playing and at least announce Pokemon (probably got the message after the online backlash).

I know you can't just drop 3DS but it's really hard to get excited about anything 3DS anything. Did it sound like they wanted to make a ground up version?

Did they for real announce a new Metroid? Y'ALL BETTER NOT BE PLAYING WITH ME! Y'ALL BETTER NOT BE PLAYING WITH ME!
I was geeked when I heard the music. Fuckers. It was a tease. Like, we won't see shit for 6 months.

andthebeatgoeson

Yoshi looked nice. It'll fly under the radar but it had some great gameplay. Flipping stages.

And hard mode on Zelda drops in 2 weeks so I can replay it.

Kreed

Conference wise I'm giving it to Sony, but I'll admit Nintendo didn't mess up like I thought they would. That said, all they had to do was not show a damn car during their conference to at least get second.

I know you can't just drop 3DS but it's really hard to get excited about anything 3DS anything. Did it sound like they wanted to make a ground up version?.

They did say the game won't be out for over a year, so it can't just be a port. Good on them for getting behind what people have been clamouring for.

Now we play the waiting game

D i Z

Reggie, bruh. Your hair plug game ain't doing you any favors.

People gonna be made about the 3DS still being a thing all over again.

LotusHD

Banned
Reggie, bruh. Your hair plug game ain't doing you any favors.

People gonna be made about the 3DS still being a thing all over again.

That would be some type of petty. I mean, I'd get it, but c'mon, we just got a Switch exclusive (Unless people vastly prefer the 2D one, honestly I dunno), and we getting Pokemon too. Let the 3DS do its thing lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom