• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be in for Puffy movie.

ooooooo or a Harlem World movie!

Edit: Going back to the cross play stuff. What if nintendo put it's mobile efforts on xbox all tied to a nintendo account? It would certainly get them the market space on the windows platform, with out compromising any of their major efforts. Just thinking out loud.

andthebeatgoeson

Slayven

I am lazy, so instead of typing Gamestop.com, I just type it in the toolbar and let it search.

Why is it every time i do this it brings up a gamestop robbery news story, not just the same one but something new?

D i Z

I am lazy, so instead of typing Gamestop.com, I just type it in the toolbar and let it search.

Why is it every time i do this it brings up a gamestop robbery news story, not just the same one but something new?

Gamestops get hit like they're liquor stores these days.

Announcements for announcements. BG & E 2 is ambitious, I'll give them that...

https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/14/...evil-2-preview-michel-ancel-interview-e3-2017

Not long after the reveal, Ancel and his team took me through a very early technical demonstration of the game. Where the original Beyond Good & Evil was a fairly straightforward third-person action adventure, its follow-up is something much larger and more complex. It combines elements of online worlds, early-access releases, role-playing games, and procedural generation. It's also, admittedly, still pretty rough around the edges. Many of the game's key elements — from graphics to combat to narrative — are still being implemented.

”There's still a lot of work to do," Ancel says, ”but we now really believe that we're going to make this game."

I mean if they pull off what they're saying they'll be the first to really do so, perhaps setting another standard for RPGs.

Slayven

https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/14/...evil-2-preview-michel-ancel-interview-e3-2017

I mean if they pull off what they're saying they'll be the first to really do so, perhaps setting another standard for RPGs.
Bet money they don't have one line of code laid down
Gamestop 2 miles away from my place got robbed a month ago.
Did you do it?

Bruh ������

#Throwbackthursday

Faustek

Man checked the Spidey talks. Miles is definitely a side character. Expansions will save us.

Will be interesting to see...Really interesting.

If Beyond Good and Evil 2 comes put before they almost out of the PS5 generation I'd be stunned.

I'll take that bet. What we betting?

RedSwirl

I guess people right now are interested in the short term and not thinking long term consequences with crossplay. What kind of environment will the console landscape become if crossplay is implemented across all systems? Will all company still hold their individuality and uniqueness? So many questions.....

I honestly don't think PlayStation and Xbox are unique enough from each other to effectively compete. In 6th gen you had large enough differences between the software libraries, and last gen Xbox Live felt like the better online service, but now the two platforms really just feel like competing cable services with slightly different pricing and content.

Compare that to iOS vs Android or Windows vs Mac. There you got a clear difference: one OS in each market is open, one is closed. You got clear pros and cons of each. The consoles on the other hand are a lot more similar, to the point where any attempts at "individuality" aren't really gonna benefit the end consumer. Keeping this one game or this one piece of content away from owners of one particular console doesn't really do consumers all that much good.

I think it's gonna stay that way until one day when Microsoft breaks down and turns Xbox into a Windows console. If that ever happened PlayStation could slide into an identity as sort of the Mac or iOS of console games.

Oh that WAS a Miles tease at the end of that Spidey​ trailer? Shit brother looked like he was 28 not 15.

Hope we get the choice to play as him, Yuri Lowenthall for like 40 hours ain't my cup of tea.

Shy

akira28

Man checked the Spidey talks. Miles is definitely a side character. Expansions will save us.

yeash I saw all that blather on about how Miles and Peter being in the same world together is so relevant and amazing how we can see Spiderman through the eyes of Miles, and I'm like....
3OuZZjPm.jpg

akira28

the idea is all there is. the execution, we're still waiting for someone to really realize the character.

they had some substance pre re-boot, but right now he's like 25% of the characterization he had in Ultimates. There's just not a lot of anything in Prime world Miles, he's a bi-racial black kid with spider powers, and he's a teenager.

His friend Ganke is more interesting than he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom