• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faustek

People really think Devs going to put in extra work to make the Xbox X version that much better looking than the PS4 Pro?

Sup Shy

Actually expect something but not more than they can do without "delaying" A dirty optimisation so to speak.

Invite some bitches over for so e Yugioh and chillwave

Come on now.

yeash I saw all that blather on about how Miles and Peter being in the same world together is so relevant and amazing how we can see Spiderman through the eyes of Miles, and I'm like....http://i.imgur.com/3OuZZjPm.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

So that he can absorb and kick even more ass?

Slayven

the idea is all there is. the execution, we're still waiting for someone to really realize the character.

they had some substance pre re-boot, but right now he's like 25% of the characterization he had in Ultimates. There's just not a lot of anything in Prime world Miles, he's a bi-racial black kid with spider powers, and he's a teenager.

His friend Ganke is more interesting than he is.

When you a spiderman your got to have personality, if you are just going to be a bore in a suit you can sign up with Batman. Lord knows he loves having kids hanging around

Faustek

When you a spiderman your got to have personality, if you are just going to be a bore in a suit you can sign up with Batman. Lord knows he loves having kids hanging around

That batman part.... Yikes Does that sound bad.

<-- don't care about Batman other than the Adam West Kapoows

Slayven

That batman part.... Yikes Does that sound bad.

<-- don't care about Batman other than the Adam West Kapoows
Batman-and-Robin-Eternal-26-spoilers-DC-Rebirth-3-e1459443156336.jpg
Seriously you can just put on a costume and join up.

Tim's problem is he outgrew Batman(in record time), yet decided to stick around. DIck and Barbara spread their wings and flew. Loyalty is one thing, but brah should have had his own city
Those Red Robin solos that were detective stories were super dope too, but they relegated him to second banana to Jason and ain't nobody like Jason.

Slayven

Those Red Robin solos that were detective stories were super dope too, but they relegated him to second banana to Jason and ain't nobody like Jason.

Real talk no one liked him when he was alived the first time, and i never hear anyone talk about him now that he is back. They tried to get that Winter Soldier hype without developing him beyond mad asshole

At least Jason's personality has gotten better use since he became Red Hood.

Real talk no one liked him when he was alived the first time, and i never hear anyone talk about him now that he is back. They tried to get that Winter Soldier hype without developing him beyond mad asshole

Weren't a ton of people hyped that he was coming to Injustice 2?

They killed him in the first place because they hated him. Never understood bringing him back, giving him characterization during the OG 52 run then going "aight nope that's enough of that interesting shit he's the punisher now" without so much as a "yeah but".

Crazy is only interesting but for so long.

Slayven

They killed him in the first place because they hated him. Never understood bringing him back, giving him characterization during the OG 52 run then going "aight nope that's enough of that interesting shit he's the punisher now" without so much as a "yeah but".

It's why Punisher has been an angel, black, Frankenstein, and in space

I've always felt the Batfamily is at its best when interacting together, rather than separate.

I always ask people why do they like Miles beyond the fact he's Black and Puerto-Rican

Not a whole lotta answers

His extra abilities and youthfulness

CBR said:
A bite from a radioactive spider is apparently a surefire way to get super powers. Miles Morales was bitten by an enhanced spider (experimented on by Oscorp) and found that he had amazing abilities just like Spider-Man. Miles, however, wanted nothing to do with them. He had just been accepted into a charter school and decided to leave the heroics up to the real Spider-Man. After trying and being unsuccessful at coming to Spider-Man's aid in his final fight, Miles finally decided to put on a mask and keep the legacy of Peter Parker going.

Miles not only gained the same powers Peter Parker had, he also gained a few other abilities that Pete never had, like invisibility-like camouflage, venom blasts similar to 616 Spider-Woman and his patented finishing maneuver: a spider sting, which has been known to bring down some of the heaviest hitters in both the Ultimate and the 616 universe, all with one little touch. While he may not benefit from the experience of Peter, he does approach ever situation with a youthful vigor and childlike sense of wonder! That makes him almost impossible not to like.

akira28

So that he can absorb and kick even more ass?

or so they can make him an npc.

or dlc, maybe.

Hating Miles Morales in 2017?

This is foolishness

I am a Miles fan. But they could write him better. I'm criticizing the people and the effort that goes into how they've portrayed him since bringing him over to the Marvel 616. It not just him, the whole book has issues, it is like they are fighting in the Marvel bullpen on how to even fit him into the whole deal. They do some honestly cool things, then they do some really dumb shit, like someone is playing a tug of war. The latest is how no one seems to know how to have any emotions other than essays on personal doubt. We get it writers, you want Miles to be in a phase of transition and growth. Why does his (no-longer dead) formerly really down to earth mother suddenly decide to angrily and dramatically leave the house when she finds out he is Spiderman? Plot reasons of course, but too many people are behaving in soap opera dramatic ways that don't make sense, and don't even really fit their characters, the way they've been written since creation. They're alt-reality versions of themselves and they apparently need to finish baking in the oven.

We might want unification but, where does that truly leave things for the consumer? I'm all for competition no matter the playing field. If X Y & Z gives me all the same service it may seem convenient, but leaves no room for individuality, creativity and growth. Making X Y & Z boring in my opinion. This is why I feel like a platform like Steam also needs competition, hence, GOG being a good up and coming competitor, though, they aren't quite there yet. As per consumers competition can be great for us when it comes to pricing, if everything is the same there would be no deals and most companies (Like cities who only have the choice of one ISP) would become complacent and all too powerful, leaving the consumer with no room to choose.

indeed.

i'll just stick to buying the same game and DLC on 2-3 platforms so i can play with all my friends and family

thank you corporate overlords!

LionPride

Banned
Hating Miles Morales in 2017?

This is foolishness
His shit since being introduced in the 616 has been...lacking

Also if something that you like is the fact he's young and has a couple extra powers...what's that gotta do with his character? I don't like Aquaman because he's Superman-Lite and underwater, his character is interesting. I don't dislike Barry Allen as a character because he is relatively slow, it's because his character ain't shit.

akira28

His shit since being introduced in the 616 has been...lacking

Also if something that you like is the fact he's young and has a couple extra powers...what's that gotta do with his character? I don't like Aquaman because he's Superman-Lite and underwater, his character is interesting. I don't dislike Barry Allen as a character because he is relatively slow, it's because his character ain't shit.

Yeah they write Barry like shit too. When they brought him back, he was awesome. Now that they've been trying to write a "young Barry" and start over again after I've lost count at all the reboots, honestly...he's a jackass. Completely unlikable cheerful forgetful jackass. His only redeeming quality is the fact that he's the Flash, and otherwise he'd be a fuckboy without a job or a girlfriend.

....holy shit. the fridge logic nearly killed me.

edit: for years I had dreams, flashbacks really about office life, security checks, countless scanners, subway trains, and unending labyrinthine parking garages. I am so not looking forward to going back to that...

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Announcements for announcements. BG & E 2 is ambitious, I'll give them that...

https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/14/...evil-2-preview-michel-ancel-interview-e3-2017

I mean if they pull off what they're saying they'll be the first to really do so, perhaps setting another standard for RPGs.

Nah, it's more likely the game will turn out to be a giant goddamn mess.

Should've just made a sequel in the style of the first game instead of trying to make a completely different thing with the Beyond Good and Evil name on it.

RedSwirl

We might want unification but, where does that truly leave things for the consumer? I'm all for competition no matter the playing field. If X Y & Z gives me all the same service it may seem convenient, but leaves no room for individuality, creativity and growth. Making X Y & Z boring in my opinion. This is why I feel like a platform like Steam also needs competition, hence, GOG being a good up and coming competitor, though, they aren't quite there yet. As per consumers competition can be great for us when it comes to pricing, if everything is the same there would be no deals and most companies (Like cities who only have the choice of one ISP) would become complacent and all too powerful, leaving the consumer with no room to choose.

I guess, but I'd rather that individuality and competition not be enforced by holding games and content hostage. I'd prefer PlayStation and Xbox to differentiate themselves through the nature of the actual platforms. Just let the games be games. Making sure only the people who buy this black box can play that game doesn't really help consumers unless the maker of that box was the only company willing to publish that game. The black boxes are too similar these days, and they're so similar because they realized that's easier on developers.

GOG works because its platform has a distinct difference from Steam -- absolutely none of the games have DRM enforced upon them, and they work to make classic games playable on today's operating systems. GOG is almost like a Criterion Collection for PC games. The downside is AAA publishers will probably never let their brand new games be sold without DRM on that service. We're already seeing the line shift however on how old a game has to be to be on GOG, with relatively more recent stuff like Fallout New Vegas and Dragon's Dogma ending up there.

Switch works as a distinct platform for obvious reasons.

Like I said earlier, I wouldn't mind at all if Xbox eventually distinguished itself by turning into a Windows console or something, just to provide the console market with an open option. That's how Windows remains distinct (despite what MS is trying to do to it) and that's how Android remains distinct.

Nah, it's more likely the game will turn out to be a giant goddamn mess.

Should've just made a sequel in the style of the first game instead of trying to make a completely different thing with the Beyond Good and Evil name on it.

Wholeheartedly agree. I've never been a fan of prequels. And this game shouldn't be named BG&E2. But still, their pipe dreams sound good, as pipe dreams always do. Just waiting for another company to step up and do something to shake up the industry... Feature wise. For this to not even be in development yet, I ain't expecting nothing good

Evening, you wonderful people of BCT. Been reading stories of guys missing obvious socials cues about a girl wanting to date them on reddit, then me realizing I went through a situation like that in middle school and me realizing that I am that fucking dumb. Maybe I might pick up the social cue next time, if I actually have the goddamn guts to go out and socialize at night.

Then realizing I have low self esteem and think no girl would date me, I quickly go back to nights playing overwatch.

Evening, you wonderful people of BCT. Been reading stories of guys missing obvious socials cues about a girl wanting to date them on reddit, then me realizing I went through a situation like that in middle school and me realizing that I am that fucking dumb. Maybe I might pick up the social cue next time, if I actually have the goddamn guts to go out and socialize at night.

Then realizing I have low self esteem and think no girl would date me, I quickly go back to nights playing overwatch.
I'm being serious right now.

Look into a psychiatrist. That's all the advice I'll give you. Cause from some of your posts, you feel like you need help.

That's starting point for help.

I'm being serious right now.

Look into a psychiatrist. That's all the advice I'll give you. Cause from some of your posts, you feel like you need help.

That's starting point for help.

Yeah, I am seeing a psych actually. Got an appointment tomorrow. I'm making good progress, but man I just can seem to break out of self made shell I made.

RedSwirl

Wholeheartedly agree. I've never been a fan of prequels. And this game shouldn't be named BG&E2. But still, their pipe dreams sound good, as pipe dreams always do. Just waiting for another company to step up and do something to shake up the industry... Feature wise. For this to not even be in development yet, I ain't expecting nothing good

Exactly. AAA games got too formulaic, not willing to push boundaries anymore in terms of size and gameplay possibilities. I guess they figured out how to maximize revenue through monetization so now they just have to think up new business schemes while making the graphics prettier.

In recent times I've seen more risky experimentation from lower-budget games, even in terms of scale and gameplay possibilities. This is why I've started to better appreciate games that might be rough around the edges but at least try to do more.

This is also why part of me wants to eventually see something come out of Star Citizen. That thing is Feature Creep: The Game, but at least somebody is out there saying "fuck limits."

You silly. Is Coming to America still on there? I looked on there last night and didn't see it. I was going to see if I can find it by other means.

It's on Netflix here in Canada, still.

Exactly. AAA games got too formulaic, not willing to push boundaries anymore in terms of size and gameplay possibilities. I guess they figured out how to maximize revenue through monetization so now they just have to think up new business schemes while making the graphics prettier.

In recent times I've seen more risky experimentation from lower-budget games, even in terms of scale and gameplay possibilities. This is why I've started to better appreciate games that might be rough around the edges but at least try to do more.

This is also why part of me wants to eventually see something come out of Star Citizen. That thing is Feature Creep: The Game, but at least somebody is out there saying "fuck limits."

That's the thing, these big publishers aren't going to take $20 to 50+ million risky experimentations. They might, at times, hand over a couple bucks to a small team and let them go nuts because it won't be a big loss if it fails, right it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom