• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not from but I frequent and have family there. You looking for something?

Wanted to check out that Black owned comic shop they got over there. Planning to go see a Philies game and then check that place out on the same trip.

Hoping they do something cool for the BP release as I'd make it a point to go.

Edit: Amalgam Comics & Coffee House is the name

We made it into the Wayne family now? Nice.

Any suggestion on where I can start if I want to get into the Batman comics? I plan on buying a tablet soon and I need to get familiar with A LOT of comics.

Well, what Batman you like? As always I recommend the classics, Knightfall, Year One, Black Mirror (the best Batman story ever written), Hush, Court of Owls (I don't like Snyder but everybody else seems too so I've accepted that), Long Halloween (set directly after Year 1).

That's just a starting point. I can also hit you up with some Flash arcs and some good Mahvel shit.

Makes you realize how screwed it is Duke was a romantically brought into the sons of Batman fold, while Harper, Cass, and Steph Languish.

AND HE TOOK TIMS PLACE

/aintbitter

shingi70

Banned
Well, what Batman you like? As always I recommend the classics, Knightfall, Year One, Black Mirror (the best Batman story ever written), Hush, Court of Owls (I don't like Snyder but everybody else seems too so I've accepted that), Long Halloween (set directly after Year 1).

That's just a starting point. I can also hit you up with some Flash arcs and some good Mahvel shit.

AND HE TOOK TIMS PLACE

/aintbitter

I'll be honest I'm not a fan of Tim that much, but even I could tell during the new 52 he was used poorly. Rebirth I liked him well enough before he got Ozzed. Even then ok not a fan of how he's downplayed as a detective to make him generic tech guy.

I'll be honest I'm not a fan of Tim that much, but even I could tell during the new 52 he was used poorly. Rebirth I liked him well enough before he got Ozzed. Even then ok not a fan of how he's downplayed as a detective to make him generic tech guy.

Especially when he's the best detective on earth (yes, even better than daddy Bruce).

Shit can you breakdown to me the different Batmans?

I think the only one I know some stuff about is how the court of Owls Batman stuff was like a
prophecy
. But I know NOTHING about how the other Batman differs. Also is there any Batman beyond stuff?

Put me on to any other comic stuff as well. It is a shame that I'm not already familiar with comics.

Shit can you breakdown to me the different Batmans?

I think the only one I know some stuff about is how the court of Owls Batman stuff was like a
prophecy
. But I know NOTHING about how the other Batman differs. Also is there any Batman beyond stuff?

Put me on to any other comic stuff as well. It is a shame that I'm not already familiar with comics.

I'll PM you some good stuff.

cdyhybrid

wxMKGsz.png

💀

the idea is all there is. the execution, we're still waiting for someone to really realize the character.

they had some substance pre re-boot, but right now he's like 25% of the characterization he had in Ultimates. There's just not a lot of anything in Prime world Miles, he's a bi-racial black kid with spider powers, and he's a teenager.

His friend Ganke is more interesting than he is.

Is that Ganke in Spiderman Homecoming?

Any of ya'll from Philly?

Yeah, but they all moved to Bel Air.

So, I'm off of work tomorrow and probably plan to treat myself to buying a 25 buck psn card and buying both metro games and God eater: resurrection since they are cheap now.

shingi70

Banned
What was his characterization in the ultimate universe. From the little bit I saw his personality was talking about he wasn't good enough to Spider-man and alot of self doubt.

Nah they were just a bunch of kids and grown ass adults who took on the mantle of Robin when Bruce and Damien were out of commission for a reason I honestly don't remember.

They weren't even called the league of robins but their actual name was so dumb I forgot it so I just call them the league of robins.

Slayven

Nah they were just a bunch of kids and grown ass adults who took on the mantle of Robin when Bruce and Damien were out of commission for a reason I honestly don't remember.

They weren't even called the league of robins but their actual name was so dumb I forgot it so I just call them the league of robins.

*Hears Pau grabbing her Huntress crossbow*

Slayven

She too busy being happy Bruce finally grew a pair and proposed to kill me yet.

Real talk Batman's love live seems incredibly boring no matter who he is with. Dude always came off asexual to me. Like the only person he would fuck was an anthropomorphic representation of Gotham

akira28

Real talk Batman's love live seems incredibly boring no matter who he is with. Dude always came off asexual to me. Like the only person he would fuck was an anthropomorphic representation of Gotham

wasn't there at some point an anthropomorphic representation of Gotham and Metropolis? I seem to remember Ms. Metropolis being described in a particularly cheeky way.

Jack Hawksmoor may or may not have been involved.

I'm in a struggle right now. I'm literally the only source of income in my house right now, with my little sister looking for a job after quitting here and my mom still hoping for her disability to roll through. It sucks, okay. It really fucking sucks that I got so much pressure put me right now, the exact same goddamn pressure that sent my ass into a near psychological collapse and made me out a goddamn knife to my throat. I mean, if you're surprised, I actually told you guys about my suicide attempt back in December if, you can recall. I don't want to go through that, I don't want to be put through that again. I'm feeling so many emotions right now, sadness, anger, bitterness. Why must I suffer....Why.

Slayven

wasn't there at some point an anthropomorphic representation of Gotham and Metropolis? I seem to remember Ms. Metropolis being described in a particularly cheeky way.

Jack Hawksmoor may or may not have been involved.

Would not be shocked.

Fuck DC for having Midnighter lose to Joker

Would not be shocked.

Fuck DC for having Midnighter lose to Joker

Ain't never gonna not be mad about that.

Then giving him a book, again, and canceling it for no good reason, again.

I got one gay hero in comics, ONE, that has a consistent book. Lemme get at least one more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom