• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSun

I'm in a struggle right now. I'm literally the only source of income in my house right now, with my little sister looking for a job after quitting here and my mom still hoping for her disability to roll through. It sucks, okay. It really fucking sucks that I got so much pressure put me right now, the exact same goddamn pressure that sent my ass into a near psychological collapse and made me out a goddamn knife to my throat. I mean, if you're surprised, I actually told you guys about my suicide attempt back in December if, you can recall. I don't want to go through that, I don't want to be put through that again. I'm feeling so many emotions right now, sadness, anger, bitterness. Why must I suffer....Why.

Stay strong and stay calm.

I've been there. We have our darkest moments, it sucks but you cant let it get to you.

Hope everything gets better.

David Stern said he did more for people of color than anything Bryant Gumble did

Of course he did if from the bottom of his heart to help us historically disenfranchised people and not to help the bottom line of the company he was running which effects his salary and status.

Fantasy needs to get more brown.

I need some black ones too. I didn't like the last one you told me about and I read "The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms" and "Who Fears Death?" and didn't like them either. I haven't found a book I liked in about 3 years. I feel like something's wrong with me like out of all those books I didn't like any of them. Have I grown too accustomed to J.K. and Octavia Butler's writing styles?

I'm in a struggle right now. I'm literally the only source of income in my house right now, with my little sister looking for a job after quitting here and my mom still hoping for her disability to roll through. It sucks, okay. It really fucking sucks that I got so much pressure put me right now, the exact same goddamn pressure that sent my ass into a near psychological collapse and made me out a goddamn knife to my throat. I mean, if you're surprised, I actually told you guys about my suicide attempt back in December if, you can recall. I don't want to go through that, I don't want to be put through that again. I'm feeling so many emotions right now, sadness, anger, bitterness. Why must I suffer....Why.

I'm always terrible at this, but I'm hoping even this small bit of cheering up will help, if only a little. So stay strong! I can't imagine what it's like for you, but I hope, no, I'm sure, everything will work out for you and your family.

akira28

focus on some good emotions. think about some things that help you release that pressure. think about a future that is different from your present, better in ways that only you can describe. you're stronger than you think, so don't let your self doubts weaken you internally. you don't need to add that to the struggle. I know I feel better when I'm looking for solutions instead of focusing on my problems. I know that going over the check list of issues doesn't ever make me feel better, so don't you go doing it.

?? What is what now?
newish fiction genre.
wiccans and wizards in hoodies hanging out in secret occult bookstore/coffee houses, etc.

Shy

I need some black ones too. I didn't like the last one you told me about and I read "The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms" and "Who Fears Death?" and didn't like them either. I haven't found a book I liked in about 3 years. I feel like something's wrong with me like out of all those books I didn't like any of them. Have I grown too accustomed to J.K. and Octavia Butler's writing styles?
May i recommend.

The Journey to the West, Revised Edition, Volume 1. Or Frank Herbert's Dune.

Mornin' everyone.

Wanted to check out that Black owned comic shop they got over there. Planning to go see a Philies game and then check that place out on the same trip.

Hoping they do something cool for the BP release as I'd make it a point to go.

Edit: Amalgam Comics & Coffee House is the name
Shit sorry man, I got caught up last night. But sadly I couldnt help anyway if comics are involved. I'm just good with food rec's.

Stay strong and stay calm.

I've been there. We have our darkest moments, it sucks but you cant let it get to you.

Hope everything gets better.

Thanks, Sun. I hope my situation improves as well.

I'm always terrible at this, but I'm hoping even this small bit of cheering up will help, if only a little. So stay strong! I can't imagine what it's like for you, but I hope, no, I'm sure, everything will work out for you and your family.

Yeah, I think so too. And thank you, really.

focus on some good emotions. think about some things that help you release that pressure. think about a future that is different from your present, better in ways that only you can describe. you're stronger than you think, so don't let your self doubts weaken you internally. you don't need to add that to the struggle. I know I feel better when I'm looking for solutions instead of focusing on my problems. I know that going over the check list of issues doesn't ever make me feel better, so don't you go doing it.

Yeah, thanks for the advice. I'm trying to get my mind off of it but watching funny stuff to cheer me up.

newish fiction genre.
wiccans and wizards in hoodies hanging out in secret occult bookstore/coffee houses, etc.

Well done.

@Lightning,

It's ok to fall apart for a little while and it's ok to go to pieces but try not to make permanent decisions about temporary problems

Trust me, sooper, I really really don't wanna go back to that dark place again.

Ummm... wtf is going on with YouTube. I keep getting this

Edit: Nvm, they having issues.

T5LXo9B.jpg

Man, ready for the weekend. It's been a long week. I did up my Max on the bench though. So I'm happy a out that

I heard that, I'm ready for my vacation. Thats good though, you up your reps/weight or use one of my methods? I'm currently bulking cause I wanted to gain weight. Gained 10 lbs, 10 more to gain to hit 220, then I'm back to cutting.

Ummm... wtf is going on with YouTube. I keep getting this

Edit: Nvm, they having issues.

I heard that, I'm ready for my vacation. Thats good though, you up your reps/weight or use one of my methods? I'm currently bulking cause I wanted to gain weight. Gained 10 lbs, 10 more to gain to hit 220, then I'm back to cutting.

I actually did a modified version of your method and the increased break time allowed me to have enough left at the end to up my bench. Tomorrow is gonna be a high rep day

I'm learning that I'm not much of a gamer in the gaf sense. I also don't view everything I disagree with as being fucked over or as anticonsumer. Then I go to offtopic and see that the left/liberal side is insane as well.

Am I still welcome amongst my fellow negers?

Mornin' Darryl

I'm learning that I'm not much of a gamer in the gaf sense. I also don't view everything I disagree with as being fucked over or as anticonsumer. Then I go to offtopic and see that the left/liberal side is insane as well.

Am I still welcome amongst my fellow negers?
I'm actually the same way, as a hobby I like games but I'm not the one that cares about who markets what exclusively for their consumers or not, cause I agree with it as an investor and business man myself. And the majority of it comes off as whining to me. But most of my opinions aren't popular anyways.

Damn, people saying Spidey would never use gadgets, and that they are making him use gadgets in that new game to make him more like Batman.

Shit man.

Whole Foods is a mecca for attractive women.

Are they forgetting his spidey belt, his trackers and other gizmos? I swear people will complain about stupid shit...even when they are dead wrong.

andthebeatgoeson

David Stern said he did more for people of color than anything Bryant Gumble did
Oh, fuck this dude 16 different ways. Fuck him whole heartedly. Fuck him for 'reasons'.

David Stern is a meme. 'X called it in' is directly related to David Stern. 'Reasons' is directly related to David Stern.

During Stern's watch, Michael Jordan decided to ignore social issues. Barkley decided to not be a role model. David Stern's NBA would ignore all of our blackness and turn is into dancing fools. Bryant Gumble did more for black people in one morning than David Stern did in his entire life.

Bryant Gumble endured years of shaming by the media and black folks(and me, unfortunately) for the way he speaks, which does more for black people than anything David Stern has done.

Bryant Gumble is excellent. And has allowed​is to redefine what it means to be black. As black nerds, Gumble has laid bricks. Done of us are professionals. And Gumble has laid many bricks. Whether you like him or not, Bryant Gumble walked a path many of us are on now. David Stern could live a thousand life times and never equal what Bryant Gumble accomplished on one morning. That's the morning he woke up and anchored The Today Show for the first time in front of a national audience.

Stern is really a fuck boy and that shit isn't cool. He's been hanging around too many black people and he thinks he got a pass from one of them.

Nigga what? I'm low key furious reading that shit.

Edit: link if anyone cares
http://www.slamonline.com/nba/stern...color-than-bryant-gumbel/#qSQ7eQkFYIcerIYI.97

Mornin' Darryl

I'm actually the same way, as a hobby I like games but I'm not the one that cares about who markets what exclusively for their consumers or not, cause I agree with it as an investor and business man myself. And the majority of it comes off as whining to me. But most of my opinions aren't popular anyways.

I have yet to hear someone complain about not being able to watch movies with someone in an amc theater when they bought tickets to regal cinemas. You have an expectation of service. If it is performed, you're not being fucked if you don't get extra. That and the idea that cross platform play is a game changer is crazy. Make a decision and stick with it. This isn't healthcare, education or housing. This is entertainment. I don't get show time when I subscribe to hbo. I guess that's anticonsumer as well. When the playing field was equal last gen, MS didn't want it. Now they do because they're losing 2-1. Competition is a good thing I thought...but not when I can't play with my friend Johnny or whatever

So, my plan to buy both metro games is dashed and now I have a plan of buying god eater resurrection and another game...if I knew which game I wanted. There's Stardew Valley, How to Survive 2 because I love zombies, Slain, Twisted Metal Black, War of the Monsters, GTA games, Momodora, etc. So many games to choose from!! Which isn't a bad thing but my gosh at least I have a game for every 've re I'm interested in.

Faustek

Afternoon bct.
Man went a little gungho when I saw that my picture store had a sale on everything Asian, bds everything of course. Need to update the current rooster.
Akira Kurosawa, samurai collection.
Ip man trilogy
Bruce Lee, master collection.
Chan-Wook Park, the vengeance trilogy and Handmaiden

Can't wait to get them home, rip them, put them on the server and take 2 years before I watch them all again.

Gintama Anime is trash compared to the manga.
I don't think so but I feel sluggish and need a good fight to get my blood flow going

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom