• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

I dunno why I'm surprised, tbh. Today, one of them was showing me a photo of her niece. Her sister married a black guy, and you can tell by the melanin on their kid. When she was holding her phone up so we could see, she said, "At least her skin is light."

Kid got beautiful, brown skin, and she had to ruin that photo by making a comment about how light her skin is in comparison to her father's.

I always feel guilt when folks get so comfortable around me they let their diet racism out

D i Z

Past week or so, I’ve been wearing my hair down instead of getting a braid up or throwing it up into some messy bun. A coworker legitimately asked me whether my hair was a wig, and then tugged at it.

They kept touching it today saying shit like, “It’s so soft.” C’mon. Sch1sm: The Petting Zoo Exhibit was never open for business. Why are people like this?

In the Future other niggas playing football with your son.

And she didn't get a hand print after that?

Imm0rt4l

Dang haha, I could tell which was which.

Though I'm wondering which one was John Bain, as well as the "former SJW"?
Laci Green. She's made sex positive videos and for some time has considered herself an intersectional feminist....but really she's just another white feminist.

She started dating an anti-sjw MRA guy. Recent videos of hers are chronicling her taking "the red pill"...shes shifted towards the center right in order to seem more "open" and "rational". Basically the political climate is such that she is willing to compromise and capitalize by throwing away her convictions because she's privileged. Peak white feminism.

akira28

some people are genuinely good naturedly touchy feely. other people have ulterior motives and play dumb and see how far they can push into your personal space before a negative reaction.

I gauge this sometimes by how they react when I show them that I am not enjoying their actions and ask them to stop.

Zekes!

The worst part is I got a glimpse of how those youtube fucks influence the younger generation. One day the kids I worked with started going on about SJWs, feminists, gender, and being "triggered".

D i Z

Laci Green. She's made sex positive videos and for some time has considered herself an intersectional feminist....but really she's just another white feminist.

She started dating an anti-sjw MRA guy. Recent videos of hers are chronicling her taking "the red pill"...shes shifted towards the center right in order to seem more "open" and "rational". Basically the political climate is such that she is willing to compromise and capitalize by throwing away her convictions because she's privileged. Peak white feminism.

That's a shame. She used to do some good in the world.

Slayven

https://twitter.com/BeninCitizen/status/885136585662107648

This twitter thread is the realest shit I read today

Ctrl+F "Lie"

Not found
That was good, damn good

Lets you know how much she really cared

Fat4all

Banned
One day the kids I worked with started going on about SJWs, feminists, gender, and being "triggered".

Popular YouTube culture most certainly was the reason for this. It's seemed to effect a large chunk of the more popular YouTube channels at the very least.

People who used to make videos for fun now are making a living off of YouTube and they need to have something/someone to fight to keep making money.

edit: at the very least, it lets you know who's been garbage all along, so you can move on from them easily.

TheSun

Well damn.

cyborg009

Banned
My friend keeps trying to tell me that Haitians (or any other black carribean) are culturally appropriate black people(American slaves)... I don't understand how he came to that logic when we faced practically the same struggles.

Zekes!

Popular YouTube culture most certainly was the reason for this. It's seemed to effect a large chunk of the more popular YouTube channels at the very least.

People who used to make videos for fun now are making a living off of YouTube and they need to have something/someone to fight to keep making money.

edit: at the very least, it lets you know who's been garbage all along, so you can move on from them easily.

It sucks because the kids I worked with were on the autism spectrum / had varying levels of learning disabilities and legit didn't know better. They are easily influenced and take to anything without much thought. Kids already don't have fully realized critical thinking skills and theirs are even less so.

Merc_

She started dating an anti-skeleton MRA guy. Recent videos of hers are chronicling her taking "the red pill"...shes shifted towards the center right in order to seem more "open" and "rational". Basically the political climate is such that she is willing to compromise and capitalize by throwing away her convictions because she's privileged. Peak white feminism.

Yeah, I remember Hbomberguy and other folks that are into social justice calling her out on it back when it happened. A few people pointed out how she had been bleeding subs on her youtube page for months until she made that red pill video. I also remember LLAG tearing into her on facebook and using her as a prime example of why POC should be incredibly wary of white feminists.

I honestly thought she was joking when I saw the video of her tossing away feminism and embracing MRA. I unsubscribed the moment I realized she was being real. Kat Blaque called her out too. It's like "wow none of this ever actually mattered to you, huh Laci" I couldn't imagine being so flippant with my principles particularly if they're about preserving and fighting for the humanity of the disenfranchised. That's so pathetic.

Village

Ctrl+F "Lie"

Not found
Who's the beard guy who steals black content he's talking about

I mean the franchise.

Huh?

Nah, Imagine they weren't planning to need to work on it this soon. I guess they wanted battle born to be a thing. It is infact the opposite of a thing, it is nothing. And problably lost them some money, and now all that time that would have been filled with battleborn, now is filled with " whens borderlands".

They have already been confirmed to be working on 3, said it themselves. I'm just imaging that's happening faster now.

I also imagine , that's whats going to happen with agents of mayhem, a crackdown type game with no multiplayer that needs multiplayer , with no advertising, and everyone is screaming " where's saints row 5"

Faustek

The worst part is I got a glimpse of how those youtube fucks influence the younger generation. One day the kids I worked with started going on about SJWs, feminists, gender, and being "triggered".

Not only kids. Have two summer interns in the lab, 27 and 28. Highly educated, special competence. Overheard them talking about how scary it is that American colleges aren't allowing both sides of the discussion. In reference to Milo. Asked them what the good thing would be about having Milo there. They started about how it would allow for people to actually see how full of Shit he was. Then we came in that Sweden is doing the same as in not allowing neo nazis space... We allow them all the fucking space and no matter how much they are destroyed in discussions and debate they keep on growing and are a terrorist organisation. It would seem that they would shut up when they saw that their boss got mad, me. But no. DAESH should also be allowed to speak as long as we can't prove that they have done anything bad.
I don't know what to say anymore. All I could say was that I found them to be naive little children and that u don't want to hear that shit during work hours.

Ctrl+F "Lie"

Not found

That was depressingly true.

Who's the beard guy who steals black content he's talking about

This I want to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom