• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johndoey

Banned
Punisher as a character is always right up on the end of being a Right Wing masturbatory aid. Dude is a nigh immortal badass with all the guns who "Does the hard things, that hard men must do".

I always have issues wit hstories that are designed to make you sympathize with him. Frank Castle is an unrepentant monster that happens to go after people marginally worse than himself. Treat it like what it is.

Beefy

Punisher as a character is always right up on the end of being a Right Wing masturbatory aid. Dude is a nigh immortal badass with all the guns who "Does the hard things, that hard men must do".

Hmm, could say the same for most super heroes tbf. Supes is a white mans dream.

Punisher is garbage. They even preface his bullshit in the netflix world with him being brain damaged. He's the worst thing that happened to Marvel before Liefeld.

It will probably end up shit as it is on Netflix. I have only liked DD out of the Marvel stuff

If they show the Punisher getting his ass kicked by Luke Cage, I might give this show a chance.

Lule Cage actor could bore him to death

LotusHD

Banned
I maintain that Finn Jones wasn't one of the issues with Iron Fist. I don't thing he's the best actor for the character, but none of the shit that truly stunk on the show was on him.

Nah he terrible too

I just want a spinoff with Misty and Colleen.

The Defenders is going to be a piece of shit. Punisher will be dope tho

Iron Fist dude is wack

Jessica Jones is alright
Iron Fist dude is wake
Luke Cage actor can't act
Dare Devil dude is ok

Iron Fist just made so worried for this show, crazy how just one show can do that.

I won't touch that punisher series with a 10 foot pole

Judging by your established stance regarding his character, I do not blame you.

Beefy

Iron Fist just made so worried for this show, crazy how just one show can do that.

JJ made me a lil worried as a lot of the writing was bad. Picking the actor they did for Cage and the last part of the show made me think Defenders will be lame. Then Iron Fist made me think it will be beyond shit.

JJ made me a lil worried as a lot of the writing was bad. Picking the actor they did for Cage and the last part of the show made me think Defenders will be lame. Then Iron Fist made me think it will be beyond shit.

I didn't know you were one of those crazy people on gaf. We got one in this thread now.

Johndoey

Banned
Hmm, could say the same for most super heroes tbf. Supes is a white mans dream.

It will probably end up shit as it is on Netflix. I have only liked DD out of the Marvel stuff

Lule Cage actor could bore him to death

Nah. Superman can be a character that represents hope and an honestly belief in the inherent worth of the human race. Superman can be and can represent something truly great in a way a charter like the Punisher can't. Of course Superman can be used and frequently is used as a big white dude that punches shit till it's better, but at least the character can rise above that.

Slayven

Why? Least the actor is decent

People take the wrong message from the character, he is not to be envied but pitied.

That in the police, and military in america worship the character. The American Sniper dude was famous for having the Punisher logo on his shirt while shooting brown people

Beefy

People take the wrong message from the character, he is not to be envied but pitied.

That in the police, and military in america worship the character. The American Sniper dude was famous for having the Punisher logo on his shirt while shooting brown people

See I have always pitied him, seen him as a dude who lost his way cus of fucked up shit. I am guessing cus I am away from the US I don't see the racist cunts using it as their shit. Didn't know about the sniper shit.

Nah. Superman can be a character that represents hope and an honestly belief in the inherent worth of the human race. Superman can be and can represent something truly great in a way a charter like the Punisher can't. Of course Superman can be used and frequently is used as a big white dude that punches shit till it's better, but at least the character can rise above that.

I don't think any superhero comes across as truly great to me, all have their flaws. I guess cus I don't read comics I can only judge by the films.

D i Z

6925049.gif

I liked her character I didn't like Kilgrave

Were you supposed to?

Slayven

See I have always pitied him, seen him as a dude who lost his way cus of fucked up shit. I am guessing cus I am away from the US I don't see the racist cunts using it as their shit.
A lot of fuckery doesn't cross the pond.

I don't begrudge anyone enjoying the character, I just wish people were more self aware about. The dude shoots people in the face then goes to cry in his van.

D i Z

I don't begrudge anyone enjoying the character, I just wish people were more self aware about. The dude shoots people in the face then goes to cry in his van.

The Punisher is pitiful trash. Bottom line. Just because people grew up with his comics doesn't absolve them from thinking about how absolutely bowel shatteringly garbage that creation was.

Beefy

Beefy what is even going on right now
Were you supposed to?

The acting!

Again the acting, I have seen Tennant in loads of shows and he was far better. Seemed like he couldn't be fucked.

Never thought of The Punisher as a super hero tbf. More a dude with skills that is broken, he does some good,but by doing good he fucks shit up.

Slayven

the X-men show looks good

The Punisher is pitiful trash. Bottom line. Just because people grew up with his comics doesn't absolve them from thinking about how absolutely bowel shatteringly garbage that creation was.

I think it speaks volumes that they had to constantly rejigger the character. He been an angel, black, a monster, a space adventures, etc.

Beefy

Only Superhero series I didn't get bored with more then once was Legion.

Or if I say comic book series then add Preacher, Cassidy and Tulip are dope

LotusHD

Banned
Only Superhero series I didn't get bored with more then once was Legion.

Or if I say comic book series then add Preacher, Cassidy and Tulip are dope

The Preacher OT thread has been negative af to the point where I don't even pop in anymore. Watching a show w/ ppl who are familiar with the source material is just not the move I guess...

Weird how the most generic sounding of the new shows turns out to look the most impressive.

Beefy

The Preacher OT thread has been negative af to the point where I don't even pop in anymore. Watching a show w/ ppl who are familiar with the source material is just not the move I guess...

One reason I don't read comics or that many books. On screen stuff can never be as good as the stuff you make up in your head.

Faustek

Morning beautiful people.

I think it speaks volumes that they had to constantly rejigger the character. He been an angel, black, a monster, a space adventures, etc.

You mean Inhumans? Because I got that vibe from the trailer. This will be X-Men.
If not I need to find myself a trailer.

D i Z

You mean Inhumans? Because I got that vibe from the trailer. This will be X-Men.

Evening yo.

Can we least agree the dude playing Luke Cage is the most wooden actor ever?

Yeah, Mike is not great. They stripped Luke of his personality while they were at it. They did the same thing to Matt but to a drastically less notable degree.
For what they were going for (not Luke) Mike works.

LotusHD

Banned
One reason I don't read comics or that many books. On screen stuff can never be as good as the stuff you make up in your head.

I admittedly do the same shit with anime/manga, but that's a different can of worms, as those adaptations are pretty much cursed to always be mediocre lol

Can we least agree the dude playing Luke Cage is the most wooden actor ever?

We can. He was a lot better in Luke Cage when he didn't have as much to work with. I still like him a lot though.

Slayven

Weird how the most generic sounding of the new shows turns out to look the most impressive.
It got Colby Bell, who can only play Colby Bell. But he was good in The Game and Burn Notice so i allow it

The Gifted the x-men show

D i Z

At the same time though we have to just push past this because none of these characters are what we know when they are in the movies/shows. Most shouldn't be.

Slayven

At the same time though we have to just push past this because none of these characters are what we know when they are in the movies/shows. Most shouldn't be.

Legit something i struggle with. Movie Magneto damn near gave me a stroke, he is so weak and feeble

Beefy

I could play a better Cage, just put a lil emotion in my words and it's done. I got the height, they should call me up.

Johndoey

Banned
I thought he fine and pretty charming in Jessica Jones, then Luke Cage swung around and he's playing a dull motherfucker that went through the same internal dilemma four times.

Faustek

Gifted looked interesting.

They need to teach Colter how to act and stop Jones from trying to act. They also need way better editing and for the love of Fenris please keep the music team from Cage around.

Beefy

I thought he fine and pretty charming in Jessica Jones, then Luke Cage swung around and he's playing a dull motherfucker that went through the same internal dilemma four times.

See's his dudes get shot up and doesn't even break down a lil or nothing. Made me not care about the scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom