• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.
bNIK4RT.jpg

Thats like asking why do people post pictures of anything on a discussion forum. 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

D i Z

Everyone just seems so damn tired with the Marvel Netflix shows these days...

I guess I can't blame them lol

I think most are still in. But people want the world for the little or nothing they pay. One Iron Flop along with some so-so too long in the tooth shows is dragging it down a little. The studio needs to do better is the bottom line.

D i Z

Ironfist was ass
The tradition of the second half of the other shows being weaker is annoying but nothing crazy

Well here's the thing. Why do these shows drag out? Speaking of Netflix for these titles specifically. It's those character and world building episodes that people hate, but they are needed as a foundation. People today still watch the Disney channel animated Marvel shows and get it all condensed and without consistency. But that's what they want.
We're approaching a time where they might need to separate content by age or attention span. Every single X-men or FF film is designed to cater to people who can't focus for more than 10 seconds at a time. A lot of blockbuster films are, but there are a few titles that look for different venues to show and get around it.

What's every ones fave show atm?

Just going through Jojo thanks to Hero Prinny and going through Cowboy Bebop because I love that show. But for non-anime....

Well, been thinking of picking up Rocko's Modern Life: The Complete Series at Wal-Mart for 25 bucks since I got the complete series of Hey Arnold.

---------------

As for Destiny 2 open beta......Not bad. Not bad at all. Might pick it up down the line.

LotusHD

Banned
It's how they drag it out that bores me most. Some episodes are just random chatting shit.

True. Ironically I feel like Defenders is theoretically the most in need of having more than 8 episodes, but obviously no one cares anymore. The past shows have just burned them out.

I think most are still in. But people want the world for the little or nothing they pay. One Iron Flop along with some so-so too long in the tooth shows is dragging it down a little. The studio needs to do better is the bottom line.

True

What's every ones fave show atm?

Does it have to be something currently airing? If not, then it's probably still Atlanta.

EDIT: Actually, Agents of Shield is also high up there.

Beefy

Mines probably Preacher, but it just had it's worse episode ever.

Also just seen Transformers: Last Knight has only made $520m worldwide. That a huge downgrade.

Numb

Well here's the thing. Why do these shows drag out? Speaking of Netflix for these titles specifically. It's those character and world building episodes that people hate, but they are needed as a foundation. People today still watch the Disney channel animated Marvel shows and get it all condensed and without consistency. But that's what they want.
We're approaching a time where they might need to separate content by age or attention span. Every single X-men or FF film is designed to cater to people who can't focus for more than 10 seconds at a time. A lot of blockbuster films are, but there are a few titles that look for different venues to show and get around it.
It's amazing to think that these shows aren't even those regular seasonal ones with 24 EPS and somehow the same results
I wouldn't mind if they didn't change things around halfway through with a new boss and scenarios in an already short season

D i Z

It's amazing to think that these shows aren't even those regular seasonal ones with 24 EPS and somehow the same results
I wouldn't mind if they didn't change things around halfway through with a new boss and scenarios in an already short season

Some are learning. Some still need to get hip.

Lafayette's actor passed?
Rip
I really liked his character

You missed it? You must've been asleep when we were talking about it. I texted my brother that night and he told me he was a cool dude and knew him. Said he met him at the club in New York. I said "No your black ass didn't!".

Alright, out of the nick movie revivals, which are any of you pumped for? Rocko's Modern Life, Hey Arnold or Invader Zim?

I gotta say all three because all three were a part of my childhood.

Numb

You missed it? You must've been asleep when we were talking about it. I texted my brother that night and he told me he was a cool dude and knew him. Said he met him at the club in New York. I said "No your black ass didn't!".
Indeed
That character always made me chuckle and was pissed when the story went hard on him
I watched the whole show
The last season or 2 are ass tbh
Great intro tho

Numb

That time in True Blood where the virgin chick got turned into a vampire but didn't know she'd heal after having sex for the first time and every time after and the process happening over again. Forever.
lupe1.png

Seems like a top tier priority question to ask folk before turning them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom