• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

DominoKid

I hear you brah, I'm the same way and it's why I totally let myself go in terms of my weight this year.

see im the opposite. im in better shape than ever, but it doesnt seem like enough.

i always feel like im not good enough.
probably why i dont really have a lot of luck w/ chicks. actually thats exactly why.

Onemic

see im the opposite. im in better shape than ever, but it doesnt seem like enough.

probably why i dont really have a lot of luck w/ chicks. actually thats exactly why.

lol I still hear you. Last year I was in by far the best shape of my life and I felt like my body wasn't good enough, which is a big reason why I regressed to where I am now. I parallel you almost exactly.

From your previous posts you seem like youd be easy with the ladies though.

DominoKid

lol I still hear you. Last year I was in by far the best shape of my life and I felt like my body wasn't good enough, which is a big reason why I regressed to where I am now. I parallel you almost exactly.

From your previous posts you seem like youd be easy with the ladies though.

in real life people are usually shocked when i tell them (or they realize) that im not that good w/ women.
idk i just dont see what everybody else sees when they look at me.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Get out man. It is not worth it to stay in. Especially with the action dying down. Garrison army is returning and its shit. Get out and go to school. I go terminal on the 29th and officially irr in Jan. Happy as fuck.

I can definitely understand the feeling. Garrison does blow. And the only reason I joined was because I had this childhood dream as a kid of fighting the good fight with good people - Its not something I think I'll get to do anymore. Not unless I go SF. And politicking aside, I don't know if my body can hold up at that pace anymore.

But I also heard that Ft. Hood sucks and that the unit I'm with is arguably one of the worst in the entire Army. So there's that.
why not? i have my own reasons, but i'm curious of yours.

I get really irritated by dumbasses succeeding in life just for working hard - and I get really irritated that I have to work harder just because professors and teachers want me to go above and beyond just because I got my head on straight. I don't like overachieving in everything. All the time. Most of my teachers had this habit of trying to prop me up so I can be their success or something. It grates.

DominoKid

I get really irritated by dumbasses succeeding in life just for working hard - and I get really irritated that I have to work harder just because professors and teachers want me to go above and beyond just because I got my head on straight. I don't like overachieving in everything. All the time. Most of my teachers had this habit of trying to prop me up so I can be their success or something. It grates.

hmmm...okay thats not where i was expecting it to go, but i can understand that.

DY_nasty

hmmm...okay thats not where i was expecting it to go, but i can understand that.

A lot of my old qualms have kinda evaporated. After dealing with military people, high school and college kids don't even phase me anymore. Same with the scheduling and stuff.

cousins

cartman-tears-o.gif

I only wish it was Chef and not Cartman, then it'd be perfect.

HomShaBom

Banned
But I also heard that Ft. Hood sucks and that the unit I'm with is arguably one of the worst in the entire Army. So there's that.

Well you pretty much did come in a bit late for the fun, and the wrong mos field, i think youre intel field? Don't fall for the 'grass is greener on the other side' BS. Every unit sucks, just a different suck. Don't get me wrong I love the Army and the things I did, but its changing.

DY_nasty

Well you pretty much did come in a bit late for the fun, and the wrong mos field, i think youre intel field? Don't fall for the 'grass is greener on the other side' BS. Every unit sucks, just a different suck. Don't get me wrong I love the Army and the things I did, but its changing.

Naw, we actually got voted as one of the worst. I kept telling myself the grass was greener but then some people from IG were like "nope, it sux lolz"

DominoKid

A lot of my old qualms have kinda evaporated. After dealing with military people, high school and college kids don't even phase me anymore. Same with the scheduling and stuff.

makes sense
honestly the people dont bother me so much as the environment and culture.
ill probably look back at this in 10 years and laugh at how silly my reason sounds, but kanye hit it on the head for me...
They tell you read this, eat this, don't look around/Just peep this, preachers, teach us, Jesus/
Okay look up now, they done stole yo' streetness/After all of that you received this

Not up on whatever cyphers are

"Anything cyclical. If your freestyling, you rap in a cypher (one after the other). Interrupting another man will break that cypher (unless he's next in line and the dude behind him is falling off). The same concept applies to burning; there is a set order to who hits next (pass it to the left my friends). Never break the damn cipher."

DominoKid

"Anything cyclical. If your freestyling, you rap in a cypher (one after the other). Interrupting another man will break that cypher (unless he's next in line and the dude behind him is falling off). The same concept applies to burning; there is a set order to who hits next (pass it to the left my friends). Never break the damn cipher."

naw marco polo is the rule

the Django trailer BET just showed looks awesome.
so does Kevin Hart's new show Real Husbands of Hollywood.

RedSwirl

Oh yeah... BET. What do they do on there now? Do channels even show music videos anymore?

Actually, who the fuck watches music videos these days? I haven't seen a new one in like... damn.

ReiGun

in other news, i realized that my mind is my own worst enemy.
too many negative thoughts in my head about school and life in general (nothing self-harming though, dont worry).
it probably doesn't help that i take people's comments & feelings about me in the worst way. you all can probably see that from my posts.
i wish i could go back to when my self confidence/image was through the roof because right now its so low and it really has been since i've been to college.

628342657.png

Literally the last year of my life has been spent struggling with stuff like this. Probably cause I'm graduating and it scares the piss out of me.

SmokyDave

have you seen the link?

Yup, and it's bollocks (as in, that topic is bollocks, not you pointing it out).

As I said, I'm honestly not looking for a scrap, it's just that I read those two posts of yours back-to-back and a comparison was unavoidable. If we were face-to-face you'd see I was genuinely smiling when I posted.

(I just used back-to-back and face-to-face in the same post. Weird).

FreeMufasa

"Oh hey, I got a PM notificat--it's from Mufasa."
*reads it*
"...a storm is coming."

Gotdaaaaaaaaaaamn at that allowance for her brother. I wouldn't know what to do with all that money in a month.

It's amazing because its still not enough for him. Still calls mommy for more money on the 3rd week of the month. He's pretty much a virgin, doesn't buy clothes and doesn't like to eat that much.

Kreed

Damn FreeMufasa, I know you said that was the boring part but that was still pretty crazy. And yeah that airport incident was fucked up. Did the cop/staff even attempt to apologize?

FreeMufasa

Damn FreeMufasa, I know you said that was the boring part but that was still pretty crazy. And yeah that airport incident was fucked up. Did the cop/staff even attempt to apologize?

Nope, he scurried along in a second and I couldn't waste any time. To be honest I wasn't mad at him, he was just following a lead. That girl on the other hand, fuck her. I've dealt with a lot of racism in the UK but I've never had anyone look down on me so much, just based on the colour of my skin. Guess it was my first time dealing with American racism.

I'm gonna go out now. I'll send the 2nd batch when I get back.

DY_nasty

FreeMufasa is the inspiration I need.

I know the feel of hating a boring life.

Top Bottom