• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

Slayven

It's not really the "rape" part that gets me, is just how people allow inferior products to fuck up their love of the original. You think I care that much that Lucas and Spielberg made a shitty Indiana Jones movie? Meh. I mean, it would have been sweet if it was awesome, but I still got the original trilogy on Blu-Ray, Indiana Jones is still the shit, life keeps moving.

It's like when that guy asks Alan Moore how he feels about all the shitty adaptations of his work, and he just points to his bookcase.

"Look, there they are. Still right there, where I left them."

That if something new coming out devalues your precious memories, then they weren't precious to begin with. Trust me as a spiderman fan I should know. Parallax will hate me for bringing it up, but at one time Marvel was going to recon Peter into being Aunt's bastard child that she gave to her sister to raise because she was married but couldn't have kids. Did I rage? Nope

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
That if something new coming out devalues your precious memories, then they weren't precious to begin with. Trust me as a spiderman fan I should know. Parallax will hate me for bringing it up, but at one time Marvel was going to recon Peter into being Aunt's bastard child that she gave to her sister to raise because she was married but couldn't have kids. Did I rage? Nope

How about you stop bringing trouble up? Millar needs his ass constantly kicked for that. I'm more irritated that marvel let a hack create that shit rather than it becoming canon(there's no way in hell that it was, but still)

Slayven

How about you stop bringing trouble up? Millar needs his ass constantly kicked for that. I'm more irritated that marvel let a hack create that shit rather than it becoming canon(there's no way in hell that it was, but still)

Cause it was funny, and Marvel Tech was awesome but no one cared. Hey, that hack is going to make Fox 1.5 bil with his vision.

Parallax

Cause it was funny, and Marvel Tech was awesome but no one cared. Hey, that hack is going to make Fox 1.5 bil with his vision.

Can't wait to see the edgier fantastic 4 with namor stealing sue at the end and johnny getting his legs blown off. Millar and loeb inmedia divisions. Its like they are forcing me not to care about their products....

Slayven

Can't wait to see the edgier fantastic 4 with namor stealing sue at the end and johnny getting his legs blown off. Millar and loeb inmedia divisions. Its like they are forcing me not to care about their products....

You think Fox is going to water Millar down that much? God I hope not. He needs complete freedom, cause I am sure the results would get as much press as the Avengers. But for all the wrong reasons.

Parallax

You think Fox is going to water Millar down that much? God I hope not. He needs complete freedom, cause I am sure the results would get as much press as the Avengers. But for all the wrong reasons.

Neither wanted or kick ass ended in the "fuck you readers" sense that their comics did. Could you imagine if at the end of wanted, the lead said "this is my face when I'm fucking you in the ass"? People would be pissed. The last thing fox wants is people not seeing their movies. And fucking with the kids is the way to hemorrage sales.

Slayven

Neither wanted or kick ass ended in the "fuck you readers" sense that their comics did. Could you imagine if at the end of wanted, the lead said "this is my face when I'm fucking you in the ass"? People would be pissed. The last thing fox wants is people not seeing their movies. And fucking with the kids is the way to hemorrage sales.

But still, I can dream. Something is wrong with Millar, and I think Fox hiring him will backfire in someway. Or he will just take the money and put in a minimal effort.

Parallax

In a sick sad way, I'm hoping for a backfire so that someway, fox will sell the rights back.

ReiGun

I think Fox has shit the bed enough with the FF that they've ensured that as few people as possible will give a damn. Let Marvel have them back.

Personally, I can't wait to see how crazy ol Frank Miller intends to make WB its 1.5 billion with Justice League. Can't wait crazy Batman who kidnaps children and paints himself yellow to annoy Hal. How's that for a different vision from Nolan?!

Parallax

I think Fox has shit the bed enough with the FF that they've ensured that as few people as possible will give a damn. Let Marvel have them back.

Personally, I can't wait to see how crazy ol Frank Miller intends to make WB its 1.5 billion with Justice League. Can't wait crazy Batman who kidnaps children and paints himself yellow to annoy Hal. How's that for a different vision from Nolan?!

I can't wait for people to say that gritty edgy batman is the best incarnation ever.

ReiGun

I can't wait for people to say that gritty edgy batman is the best incarnation ever.
Batman will make constant references to how the JL "need to be criminals" in response to his teammates asking he not be an insane dick.

Audiences will love it. The sequel will be called "Batman and the Justice League", where the leaguers except Supes and WW are replaced with Robins.

I swear every thread about attractive women turns into a white women appreciation thread.

I don't mind because white women are cool, but I must admit that some more color would be appreciated.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
It can't be overstated how much WB is stupid.

Marvel as well this movie money has them catering to the lowest common denominator all while trying to be creative.... for DC is was "So hey Liefeld here's a few books" make sure their extra edgy fuck character development even though we reconned everything prior.... Or on marvels side "Every character is an avenger or reserve avenger cause we own those movie rights dammit so we need to uberize that team above all else"...

Slayven

Marvel as well this movie money has them catering to the lowest common denominator all while trying to be creative.... for DC is was "So hey Liefeld here's a few books" make sure their extra edgy fuck character development even though we reconned everything prior.... Or on marvels side "Every character is an avenger or reserve avenger cause we own those movie rights dammit so we need to uberize that team above all else"...

And Barry Allen is a momma's boy

DominoKid

I swear every thread about attractive women turns into a white women appreciation thread.

stanley2.gif

A.E Suggs

Well I guess that comes from them not being a minority in most places compared to black females. When I worked for the at busch stadium(Cardinals home place) I saw many attractive white woman with blue eyes, to many in fact.

Ethnic women may not be the women that we want, but they are the women we deserve.

Says you my friend

Says me to

I was quite pleasantly surprised when I saw a picture of Gugu Mbatha-Raw. I remember a friend asking me to name some hot black women and I said her name and she thought I was making up something African sounding

I was quite pleasantly surprised when I saw a picture of Gugu Mbatha-Raw. I remember a friend asking me to name some hot black women and I said her name and she thought I was making up something African sounding

I do what I can. But that's why I'm one of Black-GAF's elected ambassadors.

I still refuse to touch that Affirmative Action thread, however. My blood pressure > representing in that thread.

See, Dreams, posts like this are why you dabes.

*tips hat*

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

Oh yeaaaah I remember her from Doctor Who.

hnnnnggggg

Imm0rt4l

Mumei voluntarily wanted to be demodded I believe, and timedog sort of went on a mini meltdown in the cunt thread for some reason.

Also Satymandas got the perma hammer.

Mumei was the bestest mod ever. Guess being a moderator just wasn't for him.

word? Damn. What did him in?

*pours out a little liquor for my ninja Saty.

with your argumentative old ass :( dude does drop some truth bombs here and there

Onemic

word? Damn. What did him in?

*pours out a little liquor for my ninja Saty.

with your argumentative old ass :( dude does drop some truth bombs here and there

Nothing in particular actually. They just didn't think he was a good fit for the forum.

Top Bottom