• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

HomShaBom

Banned
Every time I hear Harvey talk anymore I feel the same way, his hair must of been his source of common sense.
His sitcom is definitely up there on my list

1. Wayans Bros
2. Steve Harvey show
3. Kenan and Kel
4. Fresh Prince
5. Jamie Foxx show
Martin was certainly better than Jamie Fox and Kenan/Kel, maybe even with Steve Harvey show.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Every time I go back and look at the Steve Harvey show, I can't believe I ever laughed at it.

Maybe I'm just finding the wrong episodes.

ReiGun

Martin totally fell off near the end. Cole's girlfriend was the only good thing to come out of that last season.

Steve Harvey was cool once Lydia and Lovita joined and the show found its groove. The earlier seasons were okay. Steve and Regina's romance dragged way too long.

I appreciate Jamie Foxx and Wayans Bros. more now than I did when they were on the air.

HomShaBom

Banned
Tisha fucked that last Martin season all up. There were a few gems though. Dragonfly finally won the fight...and then got taken out by Ms Jerry. The halloween one in the new house was good too.

Slayven

the movie had a few good ideas (highly mobile catwoman that moved like an actual cat, and she did capoeria and fuck she SKATEBOARDED ON A DUDE)

but the execution was really really poor, stupid, and made for something incredibly funny that i've watched a million more times than any of nolan's batman movies (which i feel are much better quality, but are just a total pain to sit through multiple times due to the very dark nature of the films)

i really cant make myself hate Catwoman because holy shit she climbed on walls and SKATEBOARDED ON A DUDE

At least it wasn't Wonder Woman

DominoKid

catwoman is a classic just for the basketball scene

lmao even as a kid i knew that shit was busted.

but i stull watched it a lot tho.

halle berrrrrrry, halle berry.

My brother and I still sing that intro from time to time

WE'RE BROTHERS
WE'RE HAPPY AND WE'RE SINGING AND WE'RE COLORED
DA-DA-DA-DAAAH
GIVE ME A HIGH-FIVE!

Slayven

catwoman is a classic just for the basketball scene

lmao even as a kid i knew that shit was busted.

but i stull watched it a lot tho.

halle berrrrrrry, halle berry.

9fgxV.jpg

2540052-superman_basketball1_super.jpg

2540053-sm_702_03_super.jpg

Superman let Urkel steal the ball for him, so since every in DC has an IQ of 12 they start worshiping him because he can pick a guy that can move damn near the speed of light.

http://i.imgur.com/9fgxV.jpg[/IG]
[IMG]http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/68077/2540052-superman_basketball1_super.jpg[/IG]
[IMG]http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/68077/2540053-sm_702_03_super.jpg[/IG]

Superman let Urkel steal the ball for him, so since every in DC has an IQ of 12 they start worshiping him because he can pick a guy that can move damn near the speed of light.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, Urkel IRL could ball like nobody else.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
9fgxV.jpg

2540052-superman_basketball1_super.jpg

2540053-sm_702_03_super.jpg

Superman let Urkel steal the ball for him, so since every in DC has an IQ of 12 they start worshiping him because he can pick a guy that can move damn near the speed of light.

Dumbest Superman story ever?

Also that reminds me, does Steel even exist any more in the nu52?

Damn I missed a Koshiba thread? Oh wells, too busy eatin' good food, chillin' with the family and watching the Giants shit on the Tigers.

hypernima

Banned
So I'm at school today man, I usually laugh and joke around with people. Someone said my laugh was how their parent said niggers laugh. I tend corrected the person on their vernacular then left class. The person was someone I have saw as a friend but this was too much. I don't even know if I should even talk to her again, it may be possible but not with some serious laying down of law. I was so pissed I left the class immediately.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Damn I missed a Koshiba thread? Oh wells, too busy eatin' good food, chillin' with the family and watching the Giants shit on the Tigers.

you didnt miss anything. if youve seen himuro or koshiba named in a thread since his ban, youve seen this thread.

So I'm at school today man, I usually laugh and joke around with people. Someone said my laugh was how their parent said niggers laugh. I tend corrected the person on their vernacular then left class. The person was someone I have saw as a friend but this was too much. I don't even know if I should even talk to her again, it may be possible but not with some serious laying down of law. I was so pissed I left the class immediately.

i read this wrong at first. i completely passed over the niggers part and read thats how their parents laughed. i was gonna ask what the issue was. but fucking hell. what would make someone say that?

hypernima

Banned
i read this wrong at first. i completely passed over the niggers part and read thats how their parents laughed. i was gonna ask what the issue was. but fucking hell. what would make someone say that?

I dunno, guess they thought it was a good joke, they thought wrong.
I've been soured like this before with racist stuff but every time it happens it really fucking hurts, and from someone I thought was a friend too. At times it is really hard to see if you are a novelty to some people or an actual human being. I guess since I'm one of like 6 black guys at this school I'm a fucking "exotic" treat.

Joe looked like Dennis Rodman out there grabbing that rebound.

I would challenge Superman to a rematch with a ball made of kryptonite. Cheating bastard.

zero_suit

Shit sucks, man.

akira28

I dunno, guess they thought it was a good joke, they thought wrong.
I've been soured like this before with racist stuff but every time it happens it really fucking hurts, and from someone I thought was a friend too. At times it is really hard to see if you are a novelty to some people or an actual human being. I guess since I'm one of like 6 black guys at this school I'm a fucking "exotic" treat.

Anyone else involved that witnessed this who may also agree with you? Or maybe the word is acceptable for use among those peers except when a black person is around? Unless she apologized, I probably wouldn't speak with her as a friend again.

When people say "nigger" and then act self righteous, like "oh what? it's only a word." It shows how numb and blind they are, numb to their own actions and feelings, and blind to the world they live in and the influences that created it. Influences they help create when they promote racism, defend it, make it innocent, and make you the bad guy for bringing it up, all in one move.

It's almost like racists deserve pity more than anger, except for all the power that racism holds over the lives of others, and the willful, self-interested way that racists have kept that power.

Any of you guys watch Totally Biased? My mom introduced me to this show and the comedian, Kamau Bell and his writers are hilarious.

Love the show, I went to a taping a couple of weeks ago, its ridiculously easy to get into the show, by the way. But the most fun I've had on a Thursday afternoon in a while

Anti-black attitudes went from 49% in '08 to 56% in '11

Anti-hispanic attitudes went from 52% in '08 to 57% in '11

Step your white irritating game up.

=/

This is going to sound really fucked but good looking people have to try less hard in everything or to please others, so when they turn out to be horrible lays I'm rarely surprised.

Amber Rose made it seem like Kanye discovered a huge diamond that just just underground, polished it up, and it shone. She got a lot of spokesmanship deals, modeling deals, and tons more after Kanye 'discovered' her, and Kanye was looked to as the man. He was almost as lucky as Jay was with Bey.

Since Kim Kardashian, Kanye makes her dress weird, they both turned less attractive, and her popularity has faded.

Although Amber Rose got impregnated by one of those Alien extras from Men In Black, she still remains much more of an asset to any man than Kim Kardashian

Besides we all know Kim gives horrible head.

IceCold

I was surprised when I found out she was dating Wiz Khalifa. Dat ass could break him in half.

fake edit: Just found out they are engaged, and she's preggo. Dayum.

It was surprised when I found out she was dating Wiz Khalifa. Dat ass could break him in half.

fake edit: Just found out they are engaged, and she's preggo. Dayum.

She is 29. Some women are obsessed with having kids before they hit 30. Me, I just wanna delay that shit as long as possible. One of my friends is preggo right now (25), I never get that shit. You haven't been an adult that long, say goodbye to your youth already.

Top Bottom