• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
crip is a bastardization of the word piru. There's other origins?

There's a few that I've read about. Is the piru one the real origin?

And that koshiba thread would have been bad. Like a new age of white knighting.

Imm0rt4l

There's a few that I've read about. Is the piru one the real origin?

And that koshiba thread would have been bad. Like a new age of white knighting.

I believe it is, but now I'm not so sure.

Also, who is still thinking about Koshiba to harass her over the web now? Is it some tinychat people?

*pours out a lil liq for himu

Parallax

Shit man I was going to the armory.

No need, just steer clear and let it work itself out

I believe it is, but now I'm not so sure.

Also, who is still thinking about Koshiba to harass her over the web now? Is it some tinychat people?

*pours out a lil liq for himu

Simps and thirsty dudes probably. I don't think there's a limit on what those types of dudes will do

I think she is just fucking crazy.

She might be, but that doesn't mean she's wrong.

People harassed her even after she left gaf? Harassing her on gaf was bad enough but following her other places is down right creepy.

She went overboard with her titty obsession, with her past it makes sense.

She could probably benefit from some therapy, I know crazy when I see it.

DominoKid

clearly i missed the boat on the whole koshiba incident cause i have no idea whats going on.
actually i miss most GAF drama. probably for the better.

clearly i missed the boat on the whole koshiba incident cause i have no idea whats going on.
actually i miss most GAF drama. probably for the better.

A lot of people are going to tell you that Himuro (one of the founding fathers of the Black Culture Thread AKA The Barbershop™) went HAM in a thread that Koshiba was posting in regarding her boobs. And that would be...part of the truth. In one of the MetaGAF threads (I think it was the "is gaf too strict" thread, they're all merging together in my mind), Stump came to Himuro's defense somewhat and vouched for him and his personality. He also mentioned that there have been times where permabans have been cut down to shorter lengths, and people have on occasion sent emails to mods asking for another chance - and some of those have been granted, because he knows that people can change after periods of time. But that's neither here nor there.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that there's two sides to every story, including the tale of how Koshiba left GAF. The problem is that the only side that gets told is the one that comes to Koshiba's defense.

DominoKid

A lot of people are going to tell you that Himuro (one of the founding fathers of the Black Culture Thread AKA The Barbershop™) went HAM in a thread that Koshiba was posting in regarding her boobs. And that would be...part of the truth. In one of the MetaGAF threads (I think it was the "is gaf too strict" thread, they're all merging together in my mind), Stump came to Himuro's defense somewhat and vouched for him and his personality. He also mentioned that there have been times where permabans have been cut down to shorter lengths, and people have on occasion sent emails to mods asking for another chance - and some of those have been granted, because he knows that people can change after periods of time. But that's neither here nor there.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that there's two sides to every story, including the tale of how Koshiba left GAF. The problem is that the only side that gets told is the one that comes to Koshiba's defense.

i remember himuro getting banned. didn't know that (im assuming thats the reason) was why.

Parallax

I'm more interested in why people still hold a grudge on himu. If that's all they've got, then there isn't much to hate him on.

I'm more interested in why people still hold a grudge on himu. If that's all they've got, then there isn't much to hate him on.

"How can a dude hate titties, man" is my guess. Also the ferocity of his strike, I would imagine. Even as a lurker who only heard of Koshiba the first time in that thread (and therefore not really knowing her history), I was like god DAMN.

Parallax

"How can a dude hate titties, man" is my guess. Also the ferocity of his strike, I would imagine. Even as a lurker who only heard of Koshiba the first time in that thread (and therefore not really knowing her history), I was like god DAMN.

But people act like they knew either one of them the way they are reacting.

DominoKid

wow i actually do remember that incident now that i searched for it. i didnt really think much of it at the time cause i wouldnt know koshiba from the hole in the floor.

A simp's habitat can be anywhere. Money simps can range from wealthy to broke and live in homes that represent that. A simp can look like you or me and live in similar dwellings. A simp's actions are its only calling card and determining characteristic.

This has been Moris on behalf of Black Culture Gaf reminding you that, there's no need to try to be a pimp but there's reason to ever become a simp.

mzTll.jpg

they're everywhere

ReiGun

vTbic.gif

The greatest simp of all....
I wouldn't call Link a simp. When he saves Zelda, it's usually because Hyrule is fucked if he doesn't. In most games, he doesn't appear to be particularly interested in Zelda at all beyond getting her back in her castle so he can go back home.

Hmmm...

I don't know why you care
He doesn't even know you're there
Cause he don't love your eyes
And he don't love your smile
Girl you know that ain't fair

In the middle of the night
Is he going to be by your side
Or will he run and hide
You don't know cuz things ain't clear
And baby when you cry
Is he gonna stand by your side
Does the man even know you're alive

I got an idea
Why don't you be my girlfriend
Fucking...shameless.

everybody this is the clean up man I was telling you about. The self Aware simp. He'll steal your girl by going shopping with her and buying her stuff while giving her "advice" she can do better than you. The best way to deal with them is put an easier lay in their sight and watch them change targets. because these guys will attempt to fuck just about anything with a pulse.

See the thing is that none of this is black and white. You all acting like simping is just an all out, 100% throw your balls on the table with no fucks given investment.

A true simp actually already worked as a predator before and has a main chick who he's invested in but doesn't know how serious it is. Instead of putting all his eggs in one basket, he invests in a few other chicks, listening to their issues, getting their side of the equation, appearing as, quite simply, a chivalrous gentleman and a hell of a friend.

A proper simp keeps the flirting consistent but not quite ENOUGH to go past the line. He's a source of comfort.

The simp is, essentially an expert at bailing the fuck out of friend zone at the best moment. He lies in wait for cats to enter a vulnerable stage in their relationship, and then that investment yields a 1000% return by becoming a comfortable "side chick/fwb" relationship.

See, a true simp will never actually enter a relationship with a sidechick though. Simps get bored quicker than predators.

That's the funny thing about guys like moris talking about fill up my water. Simps inevitably get way more pussy than regular preds.

I think you're being loose with the definition. Even if a simp manages to start dating a girl, she invariably gets tired of his beta ways.

Through the past 7 years my relationship has rolled over countless, "girl, I would treat you right"-ass simps and I have seen some manage to pull some girls, but a simpp is the last thing a woman wants, it just takes some time for some of them to recognize that.

edit: You can keep doing what you're doing, who needs dignity or self respect when you can maybe get laid perhaps one day.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Nah. Link is like the young homie that made it out of the hood, and went on to find a rich white girl, and be set for life. Half of the time, he's saving everyone and just meets Zelda when shit is going down. It's fate for him.

Mario and Luigi are infinitely worse.

edit: Link saves Zelda cause the world is fucked. Mario saves Peach, because...because, she can't be arsed to get better security. Probably, because she likes turtle dick.

Man, work was tough tonight, time to come home and turn on the ol' PS3 and play some MGS HD OH FUCK MY SYSTEM YLOD'ED

Any way to fix this or turn it on long enough to backup stuff?

EDIT: Damn thought I was in the PS3 died thread, lol

I think you're being loose with the definition. Even if a simp manages to start dating a girl, she invariably gets tired of his beta ways.

Through the past 7 years my relationship has rolled over countless, "girl, I would treat you right"-ass simps and I have seen some manage to pull some girls, but a simpp is the last thing a woman wants, it just takes some time for some of them to recognize that.

edit: You can keep doing what you're doing, who needs dignity or self respect when you can maybe get laid perhaps one day.

I'm not being loose with the term, it's just that you're talking about beta simps.

Like I said nothing is black and white. Alpha simps exist. They won't fill up your cup, they'll actually degrade you, try to appear superior, all while completely catering to your girls needs.

To think that a woman doesn't want a strong alpha male that treats her like a queen is just being naieve.

Beta simps are all types of worthless though.

Like I said nothing is black and white. Alpha simps exist. They won't fill up your cup, they'll actually degrade you, try to appear superior, all while completely catering to your girls needs.

To think that a woman doesn't want a strong alpha male that treats her like a queen is just being naieve.

Beta simps are all types of worthless though.

Me and my gf have had a few laughs at the expense of dudes who thought they could imply they could treat her better. I'm sure you can catch some guys messing up but I don'tt know how you try to be proud of it.

You can claim the title of simp commander or whatever, but no one gives a fuck about a black belt simp anymore than a amateur simp.

Wowwwwwww!

This whole argument is pathetic. "Degrading you" and "Trying to appear superior" reeks of a low self-esteem/ "I have to feed my ego cause I don't like myself attitude."

Best of luck man.....

Wowwwwwww!

This whole argument is pathetic. "Degrading you" and "Trying to appear superior" reeks of a low self-esteem/ "I have to feed my ego cause I don't like myself attitude."

Best of luck man.....

That's just what being a leader/alpha male is about though bro. And it doesn't speak of self confidence issues.

Me and my gf have had a few laughs at the expense of dudes who thought they could imply they could treat her better. I'm sure you can catch some guys messing up but I don'tt know how you try to be proud of it.

You can claim the title of simp commander or whatever, but no one gives a fuck about a black belt simp anymore than a amateur simp.

Let me educate BlackGAF for a moment:

Cheating has never been about being cared for, nor has it exactly been about falling out of love. A girl could simply have a desire after a 5 year relationship with a dude to see what another guys moans sound like. Just the once, discrete, then back to loving her man.

It's about impulse, emotion, the natural human desire for new experiences.

And 85% of the time her man will never know about it. The girls who fall in love with that danger though? Yea, a good man will catch her slippin.

Just real talk.

And she'll probably fall into the arms of a simp 9/10.

Simps are just realists. They know that their investments cost a little dignity, but they don't necessarily care either. In their minds, they look at guys who lock themselves down and act as providers to be bigger fools than them. They enjoy the act of catering to a woman, and if it yields something, then it yields--all without sharing the burden of being a head of household, lock it down type of man.

This nigga jus took bitchassedness in hip hop to a whole new level on this one b. Like son jus discovered new frontiers in softness that aint nobody EVER explored my nigga. I cant even believe what the fuck this dude sayin yo.

"When a good thing goes bad its not the end of the world...its jus the end of a world that you had wit one girl"

No dignity whatsoever b. None. ZERO son. Not a single solitary snowflake of fuckin decorum left in this nigga. I tried to type out the muthafuckin words to the hook n that delicate ass shit jus floated off the screen when I did it yo...so you jus gon have to listen to that shit yaself son. This nigga gotta orchard of pauses blossoming all over this muthafucka.

Ghostface's blog is gold.

DominoKid

That's called tricking.

god how i hated hearing "everybody know it aint tricking if you got it"

YES IT IS.

Nah. Link is like the young homie that made it out of the hood, and went on to find a rich white girl, and be set for life. Half of the time, he's saving everyone and just meets Zelda when shit is going down. It's fate for him.

funny story. although i knew the basics of most nintendo franchises, i'd never played a Zelda game until after SSBM came out (#teamplaystation). shit i'd never seen anybody play one. imagine my surprise to find out who I thought was Zelda was actually Link and there was some princess chick named Zelda in the games. and then she transforms into Sheik or some bullshit lol. my friends thought i was a fucking idiot for not knowing.

Parallax

CLASSIC SHMOSBY
Rule #1 should be "NEVER HELP THE DUDE WHO STOLE YOUR WIFE FIX HIS RELATIONSHIP PROBLEMS

Simping by proxy

that stella bullshit pissed me off. he is a dumbass, but god damn, that is shitty way to do things.

Man, work was tough tonight, time to come home and turn on the ol' PS3 and play some MGS HD OH FUCK MY SYSTEM YLOD'ED

Any way to fix this or turn it on long enough to backup stuff?

EDIT: Damn thought I was in the PS3 died thread, lol

i thought you said your ps3 yolo'ed for a second....

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Here's my thing Mario and Luigi might be simps but its really clear iin fact peach is Mario's girl and bowser kidnaps her in hopes of making her his and then fails (never thought Peach wanted that turtle dick....shit I not even sure if turtles have dicks) . So in my mind Bowser is just well a kidnapper. And Mario does what he has too to get his girl.

But adultswim did this great skit of link going all the way there to the end for Zelda and getting nothing but a pat on the head; and you know what? Its true he's the ultimate white knight and he doesn't even know Zelda. He at best met her once and then proceeds to spend the rest of the game saving her... man shit is a simp epic.

Adult Swim Link (pun intended)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGBcXn7ZAd4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I wonder where the black community ranks world wide in terms of pro gaming.

Off the top of my head it goes like this.

1. Koreans
2. Caucasion Americans
3. Germans
4. African Americans

We have a lot of high quality brothers in the fighting community, but I'm disappointed in our involvement with FPS/Strategy games.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I wonder where the black community ranks world wide in terms of pro gaming.

Off the top of my head it goes like this.

1. Koreans
2. Caucasion Americans
3. Germans
4. African Americans

We have a lot of high quality brothers in the fighting community, but I'm disappointed in our involvement with FPS/Strategy games.

I think amateur wise we can rep FPS skill wise to the point there are probably some great players out there who could go pro and just haven't . Strategy games well I don't know... talking about that does anyone know a good strategy game besides Civ ones I can buy off of IITunes? I got a gift card I need to spend.

Top Bottom