• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

DominoKid

But adultswim did this great skit of link going all the way there to the end for Zelda and getting nothing but a pat on the head; and you know what? Its true he's the ultimate white knight and he doesn't even know Zelda. He at best met her once and then proceeds to spend the rest of the game saving her... man shit is a simp epic.

Adult Swim Link (pun intended)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGBcXn7ZAd4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

god i love robot chicken. such an ADD show. favorite adult swim comedy other than boondocks.

I wonder where the black community ranks world wide in terms of pro gaming.

Off the top of my head it goes like this.

1. Koreans
2. Caucasion Americans
3. Germans
4. African Americans

We have a lot of high quality brothers in the fighting community, but I'm disappointed in our involvement with FPS/Strategy games.

We're #1 in Marvel 2, that's for sure

ReiGun

But adultswim did this great skit of link going all the way there to the end for Zelda and getting nothing but a pat on the head; and you know what? Its true he's the ultimate white knight and he doesn't even know Zelda. He at best met her once and then proceeds to spend the rest of the game saving her... man shit is a simp epic.

Adult Swim Link (pun intended)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGBcXn7ZAd4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

But like I said, his hands are tied. If he doesn't rescue Zelda, Ganon takes over and Hyrule is doomed. Plus, he's probably swimming in ass back home. I imagine telling girls that you're the Hero of Time is more than enough to get the panties dropping.

That said, that is one of my favorite RC sketches.

Link is no where near a simp, dude has Ruto, Midna, Naruboo, the chick from lon Lon ranch throwing the pussy at him. Link to busy saving the world, he on his M.O.B shit.

My local mall still has the same arcade location since the 1970s. When i go to the mall like...twice a year, out of sheer curiosity that it still exists, I always make a trip to the arcade to see that some things don't change, and not everything you love gets old and shitty and dies.

I think I still have the highest score on Time Crisis 2. HOLD DAT SHIT

I've never been good with fighting games. I've just never understood how I'm supposed to properly anticipate what the enemy is supposed to do, seems like a game of rock paper scissors.

And I'm pretty much an old man when it comes to arcade sticks. Just never been able to get used to them. Especially the jumping mechanics.

I knew back in the day when this dude jumped into my game of MvC2 and worked me, followed by me desperately looking for quarters in my pocket--dude never so much as glanced at me, just continued to stare at the screen. When he smirked I knew I just wasn't game for that genre.

My gf read up on the thread and sent me this text about an Ol' Simp who goes to her parent's shop:

"Speaking of sad guys. There's an old man who comes in the same time as this lady, and he always pays for her donut & coffee. And when she isn't there, he gives us the money so she can get it later for free. She barely acknowledges him. This has gone on for years. He does this for a few women.. one girl let's him know where she lives, so he delivers it."

I'm the ghost of simping future Dark faze, here to show you your fate if you don't change your ways.

ReiGun

"Speaking of sad guys. There's an old man who comes in the same time as this lady, and he always pays for her donut & coffee. And when she isn't there, he gives us the money so she can get it later for free. She barely acknowledges him. This has gone on for years. He does this for a few women.. one girl let's him know where she lives, so he delivers it."
All jokes aside, that actually makes me a little sad. Poor old guy. :(

My gf read up on the thread and sent me this text about an Ol' Simp who goes to her parent's shop:

I'm the ghost of simping future Dark faze, here to show you your fate if you don't change your ways.

You're just not getting this.

Beta males are the weakest evolutionary cycle of Hunters and Simps.

A beta male hunter is just an average joe who goes for average women, but doesn't really give a shit enough to invest too much emotion into it either way, and he's not strong enough to ascend to Super Saiyan mode = Predator.

An alpha male hunter just fucks a ton of women, reaching pred mode and just not taking any shit until he decides to settle down and become king lion.

A beta simp is the average joe that just can't get any girl at all, so he simps and grovels and stomps on his own soul. Worst case scenario is simping and being alone forever, but that's pretty rare. At worst they evolve to a beta hunter.

An alpha simp starts off just as bad as a beta one, but the emotional investment that simping takes inevitably strengthens him. He takes on the same ability as an alpha predator, but whereas the alpha predator doesn't take shit from women, the manwhore (leveld up beta simp), doesn't care. He's content with just investing in various women, doing basically whatever it takes to add notches to his belt.

Then when he gets bored he settles down.

So in conclusion

Highest levels : Pimps/Alpha Predators = Manwhores/Alpha Simps
Lowest levels: Losers/Beta hunters = Beta simps

Makes more sense if you think of George Clooney as a pred and Rob Pattinson as a manwhore.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Let's not get too deep into alpha/beta/omega game talk shit is corny. Its over thinking how to talk to women. I agree though their is a difference between a clean up man and a regular simp. Clean up men do have game but they will pander/beg if they have too. Also They can steal your girl if your ignoring her. To give another example watch "hey lover" but imagine LL bought her a ton of flowers and clothes and shit prior to the video, while the husband was earning money to pay for the house and Cars and shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um99r6sgspY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

As for that old guy shit is sad but who knows maybe he is bagging the girl who gave her address for him to deliver her that Hot Coffee...GTA style.

Taking any shit, didn't you say you "cater to her needs" that definition of taking shit. You lie and take shit until you can get a hold of a girl who slips or can't detect bs.

Simping is simping, no need to add "alpha" "predator" or whatever other cool code names that make you feel any better. You're in search of a fool, pretty simp behavior.

Predator, hunter, paladin fire wizard ...whatever you're playing a sad vapid game.

Taking any shit, didn't you say you "cater to her needs" that definition of taking shit. You lie and take shit until you can get a hold of a girl who slips or can't detect bs.

This is true, I don't really have any limits to my game. Coworkers, family reunions, no limits exist.

And that's a very difficult entity to deal with.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Yeah I had a summer fling with this girl once who I found out had an on-again-off-again thing with her cousin. She was worried about it until she finally worked up the courage to ask and found out they were only half-cousins. That somehow made it okay.

They met at a family reunion.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
lol

Alright the jigs up. I can't take the tears from laughing anymore.

I'm not a simp and none of that stuff happened.

The sad thing is that 60% of dating age is simping.

yeah man this convo is getting old...

Also Bernie Mack and Patrice O'neal's death set black comedy back about a decade.

FyreWulff

I still can't believe Bernie Mac is dead. It's one of those deaths that I just want to be able to refuse to believe actually happened.

Can someone gif when the bf walks off and then joe walks up on his girl?

ibxxDD459zraOv.gif

ikjqGqzCuivtZ.gif

His friend in the second gif is like "Yea Joe, go get them scraps."

I have seen a lot of couples fighting like that in public, never have I seen anyone swoop in and try to "joe" her.

edit: Joe must have been made in a lab by the more radical segments of the female sex.

"With the J.O.E initiative we will put fear into men. If he wants to leave, he better make damn sure it's for good or else the Joe fear will creep into his mind. Some Joe may walk up after he walks off and start treating us like the last glass of water on earth."

His friend in the second gif is like "Yea Joe, go get them scraps."

I have seen a lot of couples fighting like that in public, never have I seen anyone swoop in and try to "joe" her.

edit: Joe must have been made in a lab by the more radical segments of the female sex.

"With the J.O.E initiative we will put fear into men. If he wants to leave, he better make damn sure it's for good or else the Joe fear will creep into his mind. Some Joe may walk up after he walks off and start treating us like the last glass of water on earth."

LMAO!

I would die of laughter if I actually saw someone doing this.

Satch

Banned
Watching "Catwoman." Why did Halle do this to herself? smh

the movie had a few good ideas (highly mobile catwoman that moved like an actual cat, and she did capoeria and fuck she SKATEBOARDED ON A DUDE)

but the execution was really really poor, stupid, and made for something incredibly funny that i've watched a million more times than any of nolan's batman movies (which i feel are much better quality, but are just a total pain to sit through multiple times due to the very dark nature of the films)

i really cant make myself hate Catwoman because holy shit she climbed on walls and SKATEBOARDED ON A DUDE

ReiGun

the movie had a few good ideas (highly mobile catwoman that moved like an actual cat, and she did capoeria and fuck she SKATEBOARDED ON A DUDE)

but the execution was really really poor, stupid, and made for something incredibly funny that i've watched a million more times than any of nolan's batman movies (which i feel are much better quality, but are just a total pain to sit through multiple times due to the very dark nature of the films)

i really cant make myself hate Catwoman because holy shit she climbed on walls and SKATEBOARDED ON A DUDE

There's a good movie in here somewhere, I agree. But damn, there's just so much bad piled on top. It's like "Green Lantern" that way.

Were the camera/editing guys told to act like cats too? Damn shots switching all over the place.

Happy Birthday, Bernie Mac :(

Why couldn't God have taken Steve Harvey instead?

Every time I hear Harvey talk anymore I feel the same way, his hair must of been his source of common sense.
His sitcom is definitely up there on my list

1. Wayans Bros
2. Steve Harvey show
3. Kenan and Kel
4. Fresh Prince
5. Jamie Foxx show

And a big WHAT THE FUCK to Wikipedia for listing the Cleveland show as a black comedy

Top Bottom