• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Guys like Joe who do this are simps but flip the situation and a gal in the same position is a homewrecker, right?

How do women deal with a simp? I mean good women not users and abusers.

You don't really have them. I'm so glad my best friend doesn't simp. I've always been grateful he complains sometimes when I ask him for a favor. Let's me know he's not like "yes ma'am can I get your groceries too?" I don't know how good women put up with that shit.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I got asked a racial question just now

Do black people typically just NOT like Mountain Dew? Personally, I hate that nasty ass shit and I don't know two colored folks who like it. (Mountain Dew: Code Red was crack though)

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Guys like Joe who do this are simps but flip the situation and a gal in the same position is a homewrecker, right?

girls that hit dudes with the "your girl wont love you like i will" shit, or ones that do things for you in hopes of sex? because to be honest i havent encountered either.

Do black people typically just NOT like Mountain Dew? Personally, I hate that nasty ass shit and I don't know two colored folks who like it. (Mountain Dew: Code Red was crack though)

i love mountain dew. some of the flavors are hit and miss though(baja blast is fucking delicious. too bad its only at taco bell)

Not a fan of Mountain Dew. I'll drink it if it's all there is but that stuff is just syrup and water, moreso than the average soda. There's just something extra gross about The Dew.

I hear hillbillies can't get enough of it.

DY_nasty

Not a fan of Mountain Dew. I'll drink it if it's all there is but that stuff is just syrup and water, moreso than the average soda. There's just something extra gross about The Dew.

I hear hillbillies can't get enough of it.

Yeah most of friends at work fit the hillbilly stereotype and goddamn they drink it like its flowing from between kim k's legs...

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Parallax said:
to be honest i havent encountered either.
Yeah you're right. Just a dream.

Mountain Dew always did seem like a white trash sort of thing. Not sure if it dates back to their old school marketing or if it's because of the modern correlation with hardcore gamer bros. Dated a girl who drank a medium size of it from her local gas station every day. She's from Michigan, fits the stereotype. Personally I don't like it but I did like Code Red FWIW.

You can't truly be a homewrecker of a home that's so internally fucked up. Basically the house is already condemned they just took the dynamite or ball to it.

zero_suit

Baja Blast, brah. Not a big fan of the other flavors.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I'm not a super health fanatic, I'll eat fast food now and again. But never Taco Bell. Taco Bell meat. Don't put it in your body. It's cheap for a reason.

DY_nasty

Taco Bell just seems so gross to me now. Getting cheap tacos at genuine mexican places makes taco bell seem all kinds of useless.

Yeah... I'd rather hit a taco stand. Even without a heath and safety inspection, its almost guaranteed to be less likely to give you stomach herpes.

akira28

Mountain dew was another name for moonshine back in the day. Mainly because mountain men were the only ones making it, and the really good stuff was clear as water and glistened like dew. Plus they needed a codeword to keep things secret from the tax police.

And I think the lore goes that the person who created the soda made it as an alternative to corn whiskey. Or alternatively maybe he made it as a mixer. I'll have to try that the next time I run into white lightning.

And for real, isn't it about dat Mello Yello down south? I didn't know many people who did the Dew.

FreeMufasa

New hotness scale: How many seconds would it take for Joe to try and scoop up your girl if ya'll broke up?

My ex once said to me "baby ill never cheat on you, even if Joe was standing in front of me"

3 seconds for Joe to swoop in and 2 for her to make up her mind.

she fucked joe

i love dew.

livewire was the only orange soda i ever liked!

I never go to Taco Bell.

My body can't handle it.

i don't dislike Taco Bell, it's just pretty low on the totem pole of fast food choices for me.

A.E Suggs

I don't drink sodas at all, and rarely eat meat but I did go to taco bell for the free taco today.

Baja Blast is essentially toilet water. I wouldn't give it to my worst enemy.

For $5 I can eat like a king there. Love me some Taco Bell.

They aren't the only place with 5 buck deals my man, you can do better than the bell.

You don't really have them. I'm so glad my best friend doesn't simp. I've always been grateful he complains sometimes when I ask him for a favor. Let's me know he's not like "yes ma'am can I get your groceries too?" I don't know how good women put up with that shit.

They probably don't understand how you live the opposite either broette ;).

DY_nasty

Okay... soooo my kinda sortasidepieceinabsenceofarealgirl(not the pregnant girl).

We're not getting married. Shot me down #callwyclef.

Which sucks because we were cool as shit and I'd loooove to get that extra married money from the military and she was a good one. Distance was just too much of an issue though and I guess I was asking for a lot. Kinda leaving the door open though.

Its been a busy week so far. :/

edit: holy shit, sorry for your loss capt.

Okay... soooo my kinda sortasidepieceinabsenceofarealgirl(not the pregnant girl).

Which sucks because we were cool as shit and I'd loooove to get that extra married money from the military and she was a good one. Distance was just too much of an issue though and I guess I was asking for a lot. Kinda leaving the door open though.

edit: holy shit, sorry for your loss capt.

Plan B!

I'm curious. How does that work?

DY_nasty

I'm curious. How does that work?

The amount of benefits the military kicks out to married soldiers or soldiers with dependents is absolutely ridiculous. You'd be a fool to NOT get married in the military. (Financially at least... you're bound to deal with all sorts of other bullshit though)

ReiGun

Sorry for your loss, Cap. :(

Take it as a sign that you need to settle down with preggo chick.

Come on, Dy. Stop running from fatherhood.

The amount of benefits the military kicks out to married soldiers or soldiers with dependents is absolutely ridiculous. You'd be a fool to NOT get married in the military. (Financially at least... you're bound to deal with all sorts of other bullshit though)

I assume tax breaks and housing?

You're still bound by US marriage laws, right?

Just ask yourself "What Would Superman Do?" Gets me through most moral quandries

image.php

let's ignore Superman ignoring his child and being a deadbeat baby daddy in Superman Returns. In fact, let's just ignore Superman Returns entirely

DY_nasty

She's awesome. She really is... but that is just soooooooo much to deal with. I can't even convince myself that its worth a try in any circumstance.
I assume tax breaks and housing?

You're still bound by US marriage laws, right?

Housing, healthcare, scholarships, extra pay, increased leniency with leave, tax breaks... generally they don't try to fuck you as much when they know you're not single and unloved... Its good shit man.

Slayven

I meant to respond to Dy earlier. Don't be the work simp, I played that shit and got burned by it. Do enough every once in a while to look good on reviews, beyond that fuck them.

I take the day off of Gaf and shit always goes down. One day I am going to come back one day and find Bish and Blackace has overthrown Evilore, and proclaim Gaf as the new Nation of Domination.

Onemic

I meant to respond to Dy earlier. Don't be the work simp, I played that shit and got burned by it. Do enough every once in a while to look good on reviews, beyond that fuck them.

I take the day off of Gaf and shit always goes down. One day I am going to come back one day and find Bish and Blackace has overthrown Evilore, and proclaim Gaf as the new Nation of Domination.

What happened? I haven't been chilling in OT too much recently.

Top Bottom