• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

which one is the black one???

I'd give the PB&J to black culture

George_Washington_Carver_1998_stamp.jpg

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Didn't he also come up with a lot of other shit besides peanut butter, but it became the only thing he was known for? I swear there was a skit on Chappelle's show or something about how white scientists are honored for all these amazing scientific achievements and breakthroughs and then they get to the black scientists and it's like "yall gave us peanut butter, good job".

Slayven

Didn't he also come up with a lot of other shit besides peanut butter, but it became the only thing he was known for?

I swear there was a skit on some show about how white scientists are honored for all their amazing scientific achievements and breakthroughs and then they get to the black scientists and it's like "yall gave us peanut butter, good job".

I thought he didn't invent peanut butter?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Just checked, Slayven is right. Poor dude got all kinds of screwed over, we don't even remember him properly.
The Aztecs were known to have made it from ground peanuts in the 15th century, and Marcellus Gilmore Edson was awarded U.S. Patent 306,727 (for its manufacture) in 1884, when Carver was 20.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Who the fuck eats syrup sandwiches?

It exists people: http://youtu.be/DHzQsavEFMM

Even featured in a Nas song:

I remember early mornings – syrup sandwiches, sugar water, yeah
Walking up the dark stairwells, elevators was out of order, yeah
Worth 200 million now, bicentennial nigga, flat screens and condominiums
Brazilian women on Xannies they pulling off panties
I’m pushing 40, she only 21
Don’t applaud me, I’m exhausted G
Me and my red cup, my blunt and my red cup
Y’all wouldn’t know me without one, I keep a fresh cut
Remember talking to Biggie inside his Lex truck
Said stay fly when you bummy, keep your pajamas Armani

/themoreyouknow

Just checked, Slayven is right. Poor dude got all kinds of screwed over, we don't even remember him properly.

The Aztecs were known to have made it from ground peanuts in the 15th century, and Marcellus Gilmore Edson was awarded U.S. Patent 306,727 (for its manufacture) in 1884, when Carver was 20

We need to have a talk Black Culture thread..

crying-indian1.jpg

The Black Culture Thread |OT2| Colonel Sander's Last Stand
The Black Culture Thread |OT2| Black Privilege Personified
The Black Culture Thread |OT2| Struggle Food, Fried Chicken Wars and Whooty's
The Black Culture Thread |OT2| We Enjoy Your Salt on our Grits
The Black Culture Thread |OT2| Simps Up Hoes Down
The Black Culture Thread |OT2| Thread of Well Spoken Posts

Imm0rt4l

The Black Culture Thread |OT2| Colonel Sander's Last Stand
The Black Culture Thread |OT2| Black Privilege Personified
The Black Culture Thread |OT2| Struggle Food, Fried Chicken Wars and Whooty's
The Black Culture Thread |OT2| We Enjoy Your Salt on our Grits
The Black Culture Thread |OT2| Simps Up Hoes Down
The Black Culture Thread |OT2| Thread of Well Spoken Posts

I love this post.

Swag

Is this the place to go if I have a hair related question? Men's Hair OT doesn't seem to have many black posters

Swag

Trying to grow my hair out longer, something similar to a High top fade, looking more like this though, never really grown my hair past a few centimeters though. Need some advice so this period of terrible hair hopefully leads to something good.

rewatching Trapped In the Closet.

pure brilliance...at least until they added the midget. thats whey i always check out.

IS A MIDGET

MIDGET

Midget

midget

After Ep. 8 R. Kelly gets lazy with the writing and half the lines don't even rhyme anymore, and who knows WHAT the fuck the package is

Gorillaz

Trying to grow my hair out longer, something similar to a High top fade, looking more like this though, never really grown my hair past a few centimeters though. Need some advice so this period of terrible hair hopefully leads to something good.

What type of hair grease do you use (if you do use it)? Depending on the type usually helps it grow a little faster.

DominoKid

So the girls next door just came and made a halloween costume from the shit in my closet to make me come to their costume party tonight.

What am I? A drug dealer!
Yeah... not happening.

And they wonder why I hate halloween.

It aint so much what they pulled out my closet that offended me. Although it contributed cause they found some stereotypical shit i dont even wear these days.

I just couldnt believe they seriously asked me to be a drug dealer.

You used to dress like a sterotypical drug dealer? lol

The situation sucks, but there are so many things tolaugh about.

DominoKid

You used to dress like a sterotypical drug dealer? lol

The situation sucks, but there are so many things tolaugh about.

not really finding the humor there but alright.
jerseys, tall tees, baggy sweats. durags, etc. house clothes now, but it used to be so fresh.
i dont consider that stereotypical drug dealer stuff.
its just shit the average black person my age wore in high school.

It's a shit situation, at least they didn't recommend you go as a drug dealer in whatever clothes you answered the door with.

Are you close with the girls who suggested the drug dealer thing?

Morehouse?

Nah, I went to an Illinois state school. It was an accurate assumption too. People were all sorts of of unfocused.
IS A MIDGET

MIDGET

Midget

midget

After Ep. 8 R. Kelly gets lazy with the writing and half the lines don't even rhyme anymore, and who knows WHAT the fuck the package is

???

Edit: And if someone here is at syrup sandwich levels of struggle, we need to pitch in and get that ninja some Popeyes or something.

I still have some tall tees in my closet somewhere. They're fuckin' HUUUGE
KuGsj.gif

I like to imagine BlackCultureGAF are all classy ladies and gents, and only rock the finest adult fashion.

Except Beef, of course.

SmokyDave

When I was a teen I used to wear 'Eclipse' stuff. UK guys will know what I'm talking about. I also had a pair of Georgetown Hoyas jeans that were so baggy I could've hidden 6 turkeys down each leg. Not my finest fashion choices but better than the mid-90's when nobody bothered to tell me that white jeans were a no-no.

Swag

Isn't that just a taper?
Yea, looks like a hightop taper to me.
I guess it could be that too, not really versed on hair lingo, high top fade just seemed similar?
What type of hair grease do you use (if you do use it)? Depending on the type usually helps it grow a little faster.
I don't use any hair stuff, head and shoulders shampoo, with some cocoa butter Vaseline lotion after my hair dries so I don't get dandruff.

Top Bottom