• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

Slayven

Still hasn't posted yet? Wasn't he supposed to be back from his trip by now?

Nope, I always mistake him for Black Cat.
Just got me thinging 95% of marvel cat themed characters are minorities. Mostly Latinos, there is something there. I must go deeper.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Liberation
One group's journey to FreeMufasa

I can see the movie cover now. I would have to be played by elba, even though he's older than me.

I'd go for the food then forget why I was there in the first place.

I'm pretty sure the xenophobia, and being surrounded by black dudes would snap you back to reality

Just got me thinging 95% of marvel cat themed characters are minorities. Mostly Latinos, there is something there. I must go deeper.

Except for kasper cole, all of the white tigers are from the same family

Two Missions

1) Find Mufasa and regulate whoever took him
2) Blasians

So we airlift him out like in m.a.s.h, and then we colonize?

So thanks to ReiGun (partially), I ended up reading the tvtropes page for World War Hulk and apparently Black Panther didn't want to join the Illuminati because he knew they would end up fighting amongst each other sooner or later.

He needs to stop being such a badass so Rei can stop holding it over my head. :(
I can see the movie cover now. I would have to be played by elba, even though he's older than me.

I would be played by Pierce Brosnan.

...What? He played a native-american once...kinda. Well, he was a white dude raised by them.

...Shut up.

ReiGun

Back in school, my classmates told me I looked like Wesley Snipes. So I guess he'd play me despite being almost twice my age and still in jail.

He needs to stop being such a badass so Rei can stop holding it over my head. :(
The movie could end up sucking. Not likely, cause it is Black Panther. But, it could. :p

Parallax

Possibly. I was going to make a joke about a group of roving black dudes in Japan getting eyeballed but I pussed out.

heh heh heh

The movie could end up sucking. Not likely, cause it is Black Panther. But, it could. :p

if the movie ends up sucking, its a good chance that reginald hudlin would be involved. and i would rage to the fucking rooftops

Slayven

I'm pretty sure the xenophobia, and being surrounded by black dudes would snap you back to reality

Except for kasper cole, all of the white tigers are from the same family

So we airlift him out like in m.a.s.h, and then we colonize?
You forget white tiger 2, who was an evolved tiger. She fell in love with Iron Fist. You also forget Thornn and her sister.

ReiGun

if the movie ends up sucking, its a good chance that reginald hudlin would be involved. and i would rage to the fucking rooftops
I still have not even touched Hudlin's run. I enjoyed the animated adaptation, which gives me some hope that it won't be as terrible as I'm thinking. Besides, I've already prepared myself for the movie being more based on Hudlin's take than Priest's.

Hudlin did right by Panther IMO, really good sales figures and a T.V show, editorial should be blamed for any undoing of the work previously done by priest. hudlins run was supposed to be a mini not set in any continuity then they changed their minds halfway and turned it into a series

Slayven

white america will never approve of black panther

prove me wrong:-(
Haha I can only think of the time Mr. Terrific said he was the 7th smartest man in the world. Folks on messageboards lost their damn mind. They did better when he sleep with a white woman, but they had to put an angry black woman to confront said white woman

Parallax

Hudlin did right by Panther IMO, really good sales figures and a T.V show, editorial should be blamed for any undoing of the work previously done by priest. hudlins run was supposed to be a mini not set in any continuity then they changed their minds halfway and turned it into a series

do you have proof of this? because him being married to storm during civil war was definitely supposed to be in story. and his bullshit undid a lot of good that priests run did.

^I'm gonna have to to check for links but the intial story "who is the black panther" was supposed to be a mini it wasn't even meant to be in the 616

People should stop making threads with the premise of what do women/girl-gaf think. Shit just gets hijacked by the overwhelming majority of guys here and we get what men think women think every time.

People should stop making threads with the premise of what do women/girl-gaf think. Shit just gets hijacked by the overwhelming majority of guys here and we get what men think women think every time.

Without a large enough female contingent on GAF, you have a bunch of neckbeards guys speaking for women and many times spouting off pure nonsense. One of the reasons I wish there were more active female posters on GAF. The other reason is boob pics.

Slayven

Without a large enough female contingent on GAF, you have a bunch of neckbeards guys speaking for women and many times spouting off pure nonsense. One of the reasons I wish there were more active female posters on GAF. The other reason is boob pics.

Cause you be feeling the shortys?

You can apply this to a lot of groups on GAF. Minus the boob pics.

Onemic

I really am tired of hearing the term "racist", it has virtually lost all meaning and impact.

On Gaf, every term has lost all meaning.

image.php

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I think we've seen time and time again GAF has no idea how to have a discussion on anything involving race.

Or anything that challenges perspective

But how is college treating you? This thread spends entirely too much time talking about GAF these days.

Top Bottom