• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

i used to be a homophobe
2095c354.gif

oh but how things change

if you know what i mean

ipkjQyXGkcAy2.gif

:O

ReiGun

Ehh, typical socially awkward teen stuff. My "recurring nightmare" is mostly the result of my being way, way too hard on myself.

FreeMufasa

Me and my boys were the class clowns/jokers/bullies. Not so much awkward then but just a "we seriously did that???" Feeling. One time I remixed Too Close saying how much of a whore my art teacher was. For real, had lyrics printed off and passed it around. We'd all sing it to her face. Poor woman, we put her through so much......

Oh shit! When I get in there?

Satch

Banned
when i read the first part of your japan story, another gaffer made it for me and i decided to use it

i havent read the rest of it tho

RedSwirl

when i read the first part of your japan story, another gaffer made it for me and i decided to use it

i havent read the rest of it tho

Anybody want the ebook edition I put together (had to finish NIJ on an iPad)? I guess I could PM a mediafire link or something.

I'm embarrased by all the girls I missed out on coz I was to dumb or slow to pick up on their subtle hints and other openings that could've been used for dates and whatnot :(

FreeMufasa

Anybody want the ebook edition I put together (had to finish NIJ on an iPad)? I guess I could PM a mediafire link or something.

I knew of the risk before I posted it. I don't mind it circulating in this community but I'd like to keep it just here. It's also ok if you show it to a friend next to you but please don't email it or let others have copies. I put so much personal info into it lol.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Just picked it up. Going with a ranger. The melee can get a little too crazy at times judging from that introduction battle...so I feel like I've got more control with my bow.

Starting out, melee life is hard. After a while though... the game is a breeze. Glad they introduced hard mode.

I'm embarrased by all the girls I missed out on coz I was to dumb or slow to pick up on their subtle hints and other openings that could've been used for dates and whatnot :(

I heard somewhere that it's like dying; if you knew how many times you came close to experiencing it, you'd go crazy.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm glad I missed out on those hints. Otherwise, I would have had several kids running around by now.

Man, I had one girl during my Senior year. She was real cute, and I had a big crush on her (though my taste is weird.) We spent a lot of time together during Math class, and it never went anywhere. I tried to drop hints, and she never seemed to catch a single one. Then I talked to her after I graduated, and she was mad at me because I didn't ask her to prom.

It's like I was somehow supposed to be able to figure out her lack of hints. Pissed me off.

Onemic

hmmm y'all are making me want to try this game...

so its like DS, but with a crazy capcom story?

I still havent beaten Dark Souls :/

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

The story feels like something out of an NES game sometimes. "Are you a bad enough dude to kill the dragon?" Its so straightforward that it's endearing. All of the NPCs don't even acknowledge gender either - its hilarious.

But the combat, while not as good as DS in some ways and better in others, is dope. Nothing like dragging a griffin out the sky or cutting all the heads of a hydra off.

The pawn system was a really good idea as well. I have more hope for its sequel than any other sequel this year.

Just picked it up. Going with a ranger. The melee can get a little too crazy at times judging from that introduction battle...so I feel like I've got more control with my bow.

I switched classes like mad. But finished the game with a bow cause I really like the control.

My pawn was a heavy at first, he would rush at enemies and I'd pick them off from a distance. By the end of the game I switched him to a magic class. Some of the spells they pull off at the end of the game are insane.

Dragons Dogma or Dark Souls? Go!

Only played Demons Souls. The biggest difference to me is in DS you never get comfortable and have to be patient at all times. DD can kick your ass at first if you fuck around, it'll have you running and avoiding enemies, but towards the end you'll feel invincible with the right pawns.

Story is ....don't worry about the story. The combat is what you play DD for.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Yea, I don't have a choice. I need to get a flu shot, so I don't have to go through the season on hope alone.

Fuck this Ravens game already. *sigh*

Top Bottom