• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

Infinite

Any of you guys ever watch Living Single?

Yeah. <3 Synclaire <3

Yooo Don Cheadle

tumblr_mgn036Yfhw1qclmdmo2_500.jpg

XenodudeX

Dr. King marched so that we could stop eatin chitlins.

I'mma not eatin chitlins, fam. I'mma not eatin chitlins. We's free.

I didn't hear him talking about not eating chitlins. You're gonna have to provide and audio or text about that. I bet he ate chitlins too. And fucking loved it.

Onemic

Only twerk video I was this one

that's all I could handle, lord have mercy

Also, Zero Dark Thirty? Probably best movie of 2012. Sorry Django

That movie.....I'm really conflicted in deciding whether to watch it or not as from the trailers it seems like one big ass propaganda film.

I gotta start eating better. I feel like shit...Let this be my last day of snacking and fast food for a while.

You and me both brah

Mom brought home some KFC....I'm going in.

I gotta start eating better. I feel like shit...

ibdjSQudf9Lotd.gif

Welp

That movie.....I'm really conflicted in deciding whether to watch it or not as from the trailers it seems like one big ass propaganda film.

I had that feeling too, but honestly, I didn't get that vibe from the movie. The hunt for Bin Landen was frustrating, dirty, ugly, cost lives, and in the end, there's no big heroes or celebrations. It's kinda matter of fact like, "well...now what?" I think the focus on Maya really grounds the film in something beyond USA kicking ass rah rah shit. It's really a character study about a person who just so happens to be hunting the most well-known terrorist in the world.

That's a lot of torturing going in, so make sure you aint averse to that

ReiGun

We're running out of food and no one wants to go grocery shopping. So my mom brings home KFC, and while I know I shouldn't, I'm tired of eating fucking PB&J.

Onemic

We're running out of food and no one wants to go grocery shopping. So my mom brings home KFC, and while I know I shouldn't, I'm tired of eating fucking PB&J.

Thou shalt never desecrate black gaf with KFC eating again. You know what KFC does right? It kills your brain cells son! Just look at SpinDashing.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Maybe that is for the next episode of House of Lies..

That show is great!

Yeah I like the this first episode more than last season. also the preview of the upcoming episodes looked good as well cause they had Nia Long in a Hot Tub.

I act hard around everyone except my girl

I thought that was normal....

Anyhow lets forget KFC what do you guys think of Tyson's chicken fillets? I baked some yesterday and I think they might become my new "too tired to really cook" favorites.

Haven't eaten Tyson's in years. They good for that, "too tired/busy to cook anything got three kids to feed" tip was my mom was on back in the day

Zeus Molecules

I saw zero dark 30 and it didn't feel like propaganda to me. It showed America torturing, making mistakes, being outsmarted by the Taliban and dragging their feet through bureaucracy before going after Bin Laden. Then the actual raid is shown I suppose to show how bloody the whole thing was. Obviously its a drama made for the benefits of American's but I don't think America came off in a good light in the film. It was just a summary of what led up to Bin Laden's death. If anything it collaborated with the general sense I had of what was going on from the news prior to and after Bin Ladens death.

Also the Actress who played the Lead did a great job in the role and it deserves the Oscar nod. It was a really good movie.

akira28

I think Dr. King would have eaten someone's chitlins, if offered them, as a matter of honor. Provided that person was clean.

edit: their definition of simping doesn't include the p-whip.
other definition's I've heard, when you play like your pimp hand is strong, but you're actually boo-boo bear with the honey-do list, instead.

Gorillaz

Question for ya....

Got a teacher that wears leopard/zebra type animal print .....Don't know what that says about her? Feels like it gives off a certain vibe.

Zeus Molecules

Question for ya....

Got a teacher that wears leopard/zebra type animal print .....Don't know what that says about her? Feels like it gives off a certain vibe.

Are we talking about pants only or in general? Most likely she just likes animal prints regardless of your answer but if its pants she may have an ulterior motive.

Gorillaz

Are we talking about pants only or in general? Most likely she just likes animal prints regardless of your answer but if its pants she may have an ulterior motive.

Like she was wearing this matching zebra pant and dress combo type of shit. She's my education and society professor lol.

Zeus Molecules

Like she was wearing this matching zebra pant and dress combo type of shit. She's my education and society professor lol.

Well animal print pants tend to make behinds look ...better Imho. So she might do it for fashion reasons. But most likely that's just her style, it likely doesn't automatically signify any type of intent on her part.

Top Bottom