• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

tumblr_lm4ref3XYp1qci63s.gif

So Well Spoken #2 is in the books. Listening to it to see if it needs any editing and I'l put it up for listening after I add an intro/outro. Probably some time Monday or Tuesday night.

My classes start Monday so Ill be busy 5am-8pm with work/class. OT will probably be made Wednesday.

Next cast with Topher/Drfunk. Minorities in games.

Need future cast ideas.

The 30-40 minute conversations prior to recording are worthy of a listen. I might start recording them and editing them together as a "bonus" thing.

I mean...Huckfin, Bi-sexual Immortal, racism in the GOP vs The Left, Barry Obama.

DominoKid

Donald Glover was on the season opener of Girls dating the main character. Thoughts?

I haven't seen it yet, but from the sound of it his storyline sounds about as paint by numbers as you would think

So far the biggest change in season two, though, is a new engagement with the question of what we should think about these people. Dunham uses the Sandy plot line as an opportunity to skewer both the complaints of her critics—Hannah herself echoes them with the misguided assumption that her essays are “for everyone”—and her characters’ blinkered worldview. Glover’s arc on the show is brief, but he is key to illustrating the limited scope of Hannah’s experience. “This always happens,” Sandy tells Hannah during their fight. “I’m a white girl and I moved to New York and I’m having a great time and oh I’ve got a fixed gear bike and I’m gonna date a black guy and we’re gonna go to a dangerous part of town. All that bullshit. I’ve seen it happen. And then they can’t deal with who I am.” Hannah responds with an explosion of goofy knee-jerk progressivism: “You know what, honestly maybe you should think about the fact that you could be fetishizing me. Because how many white women have you dated? Maybe you think of us as one big white blobby mass with stupid ideas. So why don’t you lay this thing down, flip it, and reverse it.” “You just said a Missy Elliot lyric,” Sandy says wearily.

It is wholly unsubtle, but it is still “Girls” at its best, at once affectionate and credible and lightly parodic. There is Hannah: impulsive, oblivious, tangled up in her own sloppy self-justifications. And then there is Lena Dunham, the wary third eye hovering above the action. “The joke’s on you because you know what? I never thought about the fact that you were black once,” Hannah tells Sandy. “I don’t live in a world where there are divisions like this,” she says. His simple reply: “You do.”

My classes start Monday so Ill be busy 5am-8pm with work/class. OT will probably be made Wednesday.

Next cast with Topher/Drfunk. Minorities in games.

Need future cast ideas.

Black comic book characters the Good the Bad and the WTF
Demise of quality black sitcoms on tv
Interracial dating and the issues that come with it
Being Black in the workplace
Things Black people need to just stop doing
How the police have screwed you over
Black people with bad tattoos
Corn bread vs biscuits

Black comic book characters the Good the Bad and the WTF
Demise of quality black sitcoms on tv
Interracial dating and the issues that come with it
Being Black in the workplace
Things Black people need to just stop doing
How the police have screwed you over
Black people with bad tattoos
Corn bread vs biscuits

Being Black with a british accent = white peoples mind blown

XenodudeX

it is. i'm absolutely baffled that it gets so much critical love. but i like to be an informed hater.

Girls is okay. Definitely not deserving of all the praise it's getting, but it's okay.

I guess the writers heard the criticism about the lack of diversity, so they slapped a black guy in there. He won't be important to the overall story, I'm guessing.

Not sure how I never heard this song, but it's a song that SIMPS should listen to 5 times over.

How to hate a bitch
I had to google who Weezy was. I feel so ashamed.

akira28

Sounds like it should be on the "Diary of an angry Simp" soundtrack

This needs to be a thing. A story. you tube animation. A cautionary tale.

I would watch that movie. But I fear what an angry simp becomes

well it's a simple story of boy meets girl, boy simps girl, girl uses boy, boy gets upset, makes a fool out of himself, some other stuff happens, maybe gains some self respect. I think 'What a fool believes' also belongs on that soundtrack. Cafe scene and everything. She half-asian yo.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
This needs to be a thing. A story. you tube animation. A cautionary tale.

well it's a simple story of boy meets girl, boy simps girl, girl uses boy, boy gets upset, makes a fool out of himself, some other stuff happens, maybe gains some self respect. I think 'What a fool believes' also belongs on that soundtrack. Cafe scene and everything.

I'm listening to that track as we speak. There are so many songs that can fit such a soundtrack

Listened to the recording, some rough spots, overall sounds decent.

Don't know if it was a connection issue or equipment but I'm gonna have to go through the whole thing and raise Soundscream's audio. Hoping to get started on editing tonight.

Topher DrFunk
What time this weekend works for you guys?

After that Professor Beef and whoever signs up next will jump in for the following episode. If no one wants in we'll start from the top of the list again.

Listened to the recording, some rough spots, overall sounds decent.

Don't know if it was a connection issue or equipment but I'm gonna have to go through the whole thing and raise Soundscream's audio. Hoping to get started on editing tonight.

Topher DrFunk
What time this weekend works for you guys?

After that Professor Beef and whoever signs up next will jump in for the following episode. If no one wants in we'll start from the top of the list again.
Was I coming through low when were doing it?

Was I coming through low when were doing it?

During the recording it was a little low. It was much more noticable listening to it afterwards.

Using my sennheisers - kinda low
Car speakers - rreeeaaallly low
earbuds - noticablly low

And as a note to everyone mute your mic if you're going to type it's impossible to edit out, at least for a novice like me.

During the recording it was a little low. It was much more noticable listening to it afterwards.

Using my sennheisers - kinda low
Car speakers - rreeeaaallly low
earbuds - noticablly low

And as a note to everyone mute your mic if you're going to type it's impossible to edit out, at least for a novice like me.

Hmmmm personally I blame Obama.

Dante is stylish
We are stylish
Its got guns, shit talking, and swag. What more could you want?
... We can pull off naming our sons Dante.
Thatsracist.gif
Lol u mad son.

1. I clicked on plenty more threads than I posted in. I have standards too.
2. You missed a few, darling:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=46387955&postcount=606
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=46387825&postcount=5259

3. They were joke posts, no need to get sand in your vagina. I just wanted to see what's up in community Gaf and joked around a bit with people.
It's always funny when bad posters forget they have post history.
It's always funny when dumb posters think they're smart and make dumb assumptions.

I didn't even troll the thread, just made a light hearted joke and wondered why Black-Gaf was talking about DMC. Way to be hospitable guys =( Brit-, drunk-, Furry- and MMA-Gaf were much more hospitable.

Hmmmm personally I blame Obama.

Barry did you dirty. No worries though, haven't taken a stab at fixing it yet but it should be pretty simple.

Just the one listen and I can tell the nervousness is all but gone. I had to listen to the first one a handful of times and picked up on some nervous quirks but now its pretty familar sounding.

Parallax

Thatsracist.gif

Lol u mad son.

1. I clicked on plenty more threads than I posted in. I have standards too.
2. You missed a few, darling:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=46387955&postcount=606
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=46387825&postcount=5259

3. They were joke posts, no need to get sand in your vagina. I just wanted to see what's up in community Gaf and joked around a bit with people.

It's always funny when dumb posters think they're smart and make dumb assumptions.

I didn't even troll the thread, just made a light hearted joke and wondered why Black-Gaf was talking about DMC. Way to be hospitable guys =( Brit-, drunk-, Furry- and MMA-Gaf were much more hospitable.

He wasn't doing a collection of all your sameposts. And with the various thread bombers that we get, what's the point in being hospitable to sell you on a thread? No one other than trolls has had a problem posting in this thread, and if you want to know what were about, the op lines all that up for you

He wasn't doing a collection of all your sameposts. And with the various thread bombers that we get, what's the point in being hospitable to sell you on a thread? No one other than trolls has had a problem posting in this thread, and if you want to know what were about, the op lines all that up for you
Fair enough, but if you feel that way you might have just ignored my post. I didn't have any problems in the other threads and just talked to the people there who responded, which I enjoyed myself. It's unfortunate some here felt the need to be defensive about an innocent joke, but I understand your point concerning thread bombers/trolls.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Its not my or anyone's job to sell you on a community.

Also, I didn't even insult you in that post. Next time you want to double down, talk about sandy vaginas, and call people stupid you should consider how you come off to begin with. It would've been too easy for you to say "lol just playing around that night" and ended that train of thought on the spot but look at how you come across right now - why should my response be anything other than 'kiss my ass'?

Try again with that post, Rocket Scientist.

Why can't folks just post?

That's where I'm at.

Community threads are more or less just groups of posters chatting about common interests.

You don't jump into GafHop asking to be sold on it as a club or organization. You just join the conversation, same with all the sports/anime and other threads. You wouldn't go to the gaming community and ask why you should be active in the halo 4 community thread.

Just post.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Why can't folks just post?

Its like I put a sign up in the OP that says "NO WHITE PEOPLE" except not really because Count, Devo, Moris, and plenty of other non-black people post all the time and are actually a great addition to the community because they're *gasp* cool people who don't try and act like trolling isn't trolling.

I mean, why would black people on a gaming website talk about games? It just doesn't make sense, Slay. These questions need to be asked.

Parallax

Guess he didn't want to just barge in. It may not seem like a clique to people that have been here from the get go, but of course things look differently from the outside looking in.

If that's the way one feels, then they could introduce themselves. Many new members have and have just flowed with the rest. We aren't that hard to get along with

Guess he didn't want to just barge in. It may not seem like a clique to people that have been here from the get go, but of course things look differently from the outside looking in.

I can see that, maybe NBAgaf desensitized me.

I lurked that thread for a while and watched people ether eachother for no good reason. I asked someone if their parents were uninteligent or if he was raised wrong so I could rightfully place blame for his dumbass on nature or nurture. This place is a sewing circle in comparison.

Fantomex

I just read a 2pac interview from him in Jail talking about making friends in Jail and I start thinking back and realize even though my schools had Brown vs Black vs White fights I'd be the one dude still hanging out with everybody. I remember I sat down with a skinhead once and we had a calm conversation for like 45 minutes on why he viewed things the way he did and why he thought I was below him. Kinda funny when I think about it now.

I can see that, maybe NBAgaf desensitized me.

I lurked that thread for a while and watched people ether eachother for no good reason. I asked someone if their parents were uninteligent or if he was raised wrong so I could rightfully place blame for his dumbass on nature or nurture. This place is a sewing circle in comparison.

reminds me of NFL age

probably the most sensitive age in GAF

I talk shit about Luck and guys are like, "You should seriously stop that argument, he's a hell of a guy, and we don't talk badly about RGIII so just drop it guy"

I'm like you know what they aint ready...so I chill.

Top Bottom