• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I can see that, maybe NBAgaf desensitized me.

I lurked that thread for a while and watched people ether eachother for no good reason. I asked someone if their parents were uninteligent or if he was raised wrong so I could rightfully place blame for his dumbass on nature or nurture. This place is a sewing circle in comparison.

NBAGAF was only like that because the trolls their got ridiculously out of hand. When we were asked to STOP shaking people down at the door, we did - and less than 2 months later the thread got closed because of a member that only posted 9 times across 6 different OTs.

Slayven

Guess he didn't want to just barge in. It may not seem like a clique to people that have been here from the get go, but of course things look differently from the outside looking in.

Not like we are talking serious shit here. Except for debates about grits and chicken, those you need to hang out and get the feel for.

DY_nasty

By the way, we're not that far away from a new OT

Anything you guys want to see in the next OP?

DY_nasty

hey guys... sell me on this 'Chitlins' thing...

iq94pij0EgObI.png

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
reminds me of NFL age

probably the most sensitive age in GAF

I talk shit about Luck and guys are like, "You should seriously stop that argument, he's a hell of a guy, and we don't talk badly about RGIII so just drop it guy"

I'm like you know what they aint ready...so I chill.

Yeah..I saw some big dude literally lose it when the Falcons won. Straight meltdown

DominoKid

Guess he didn't want to just barge in. It may not seem like a clique to people that have been here from the get go, but of course things look differently from the outside looking in.

Thats pretty much what youre supposed to do. I just hop in and post like i've been there all along.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Django unchained...but yall not.

I really love how you can be out somewhere nice, and the service wants to treat you like you don't exist, until you order something expensive.

DominoKid

Django unchained...but yall not.

I really love how you can be out somewhere nice, and the service wants to treat you like you don't exist, until you order something expensive.

Weird. I usually cant keep salespeople off me. I'd rather the service leave me alone b/c I already know what I want usually.

#3 - Minorities In Games - Topher/DrFunk
#4 - Rise & Fall of The Black Sitcom - Prof.Beef/ ?
#5 - Interracial Dating
#6 - In The workplace
#7 - Things Black People Need To Stop Doing
#8 - Comic Books/Movies Based on Comic Books
(order not set in stone, can be moved if current events demand it)

PM for the googledoc link if you're interested in joining us. Like I said earlier, if no one expresses interest we'll start back at the top of the list of BCT members interested.

I think giving everyone a turn in an exact order comes second to finding members who fit the topic. I'll do my best to be objective and not play favorites. Feel free to call me out on BS, this is not my podcast, it belongs to this thread. I most likely will hand it off to someone in a couple weeks or months due to my hectic schedule.

For instance Natural probably has some stories given his whooty love about interracial dating as well as being in an office environment. And Slay seems perfect for the comicbook discussion.

Thanks to Soundscream for the topics.

BHZ Mayor

I don't get the mentality behind eating chitlins. The only reason we ate them in the first place is because we had to pick through scraps during slavery. We're free now, so why are we eating bullshit
(pigshit)
by choice?

I don't get the mentality behind eating chitlins. The only reason we ate them in the first place is because we had to pick through scraps during slavery. We're free now, so why are we eating bullshit
(pigshit)
by choice?

I almost went into some stuff about Christianity...I'll just say because the slave mentality still exists.

Woah now

I don't have a slave mentality just because I eat some fucking chitlins. Hell I only touch the stuff on Thanksgiving and it's been a pretty long time since I've touched them.

Weird. I usually cant keep salespeople off me. I'd rather the service leave me alone b/c I already know what I want usually.

Years back my gf and I tried to duck the heat by going inside a furniture store. Lady asked if we needed help immediately and after I said "No, thank you" she continued to follow us around the store for 10-15mins til we left.

I was like damn, you think I'm going to stuff a recliner in my pockets or what?

GF was shocked and puzzled, it was the first time she was followed in a store. It was adorable.

I almost went into some stuff about Christianity...I'll just say because the slave mentality still exists.

...uh oh

I have gone furniture shopping, looking to drop $1,500 on a couch and couldn't get anyone to help me for like 15min.

that's why i like ordering online. no worries about walking up to a sales associate who hits you with a wicked crossover so they can ask the person behind you if they need any help.

that only happens to me in stores with stuff that fits in pockets.

george_us

So I just got the Andis Outliner II Personal Trimmer from Amazon today since I always get razor bumps while shaving.

Sogood.gif.

Now I need to find a way to get rid of razor bump marks.

#5 - Interracial Dating
#6 - In The workplace

your boy is here for your entertainment

yall aint ready

#5 - Interracial Dating - Dark Faze/?
#6 - In The workplace

Thanks to Soundscream for the topics.

your boy is here for your entertainment

yall aint ready

PM'd you the link.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
Listened to the recording, some rough spots, overall sounds decent.

Don't know if it was a connection issue or equipment but I'm gonna have to go through the whole thing and raise Soundscream's audio. Hoping to get started on editing tonight.

Topher DrFunk
What time this weekend works for you guys?

After that Professor Beef and whoever signs up next will jump in for the following episode. If no one wants in we'll start from the top of the list again.
Sunday evening is probably going to be best for me. I'm losing my voice from strep throat as I type this so hopefully I'll be good by then.

Top Bottom