• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

ReiGun

I always liked "Half & Half". Of course, that may have more to do with me wanting to make sweet love to Rachel True and Essence Atkins at the same damn time than the actual quality of the show. Either way, it's an enjoyable program.

Dubble

Sure. I'll bite! :)

Where you're from- Birmingham, Alabama
Where you live- East Orange, New Jersey
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- Mother's side is black with some cherokee indian mixed in, Father's side is all black. EVERYBODY'S from the country. :)
Do you know your roots- As far as my mother's side, yes. My grandfather was raised on the last of the Alabama plantations and before he got sick and passed my aunt traced our geneology back as far as she could. As far as my dad's side, not so much :\
Your Age- Early 30's
Favorite musical genre- Hip hop & R&B, Classic soul. 70's, 80's and 90's stuff. I listen to videogame music incessantly when I draw.
Your profession/major/career interest- Cartoonist. I work full time for Archie Comics and do some freelance for Disney stuff when available. Looking to get my own stuff, webcomics, etc off the ground very shortly.
Your religious affiliation- Christian. Was raised baptist but I was never a super religious person.
Hobbies- Drawing, reading, writing, videogames, toys. Huge cartoon nerd. Never grew out of it. :)

Also, Popeye's is way better than KFC any day of the week and both are hella better than Church's. Popeye's has both red beans and rice AND Cajun rice. KFC has what? Coleslaw? Popeyes wins. Forever. This simply can't be argued.

I always liked "Half & Half". Of course, that may have more to do with me wanting to make sweet love to Rachel True and Essence Atkins at the same damn time than the actual quality of the show. Either way, it's an enjoyable program.

I can forgive your incorrect chicken opinion because I watched Half & Half for this exact reason.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Sure. I'll bite! :)

Where you're from- Birmingham, Alabama
Where you live- East Orange, New Jersey
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- Mother's side is black with some cherokee indian mixed in, Father's side is all black. EVERYBODY'S from the country. :)
Do you know your roots- As far as my mother's side, yes. My grandfather was raised on the last of the Alabama plantations and before he got sick and passed my aunt traced our geneology back as far as she could. As far as my dad's side, not so much :\
Your Age- Early 30's
Favorite musical genre- Hip hop & R&B, Classic soul. 70's, 80's and 90's stuff. I listen to videogame music incessantly when I draw.
Your profession/major/career interest- Cartoonist. I work full time for Archie Comics and do some freelance for Disney stuff when available. Looking to get my own stuff, webcomics, etc off the ground very shortly.
Your religious affiliation- Christian. Was raised baptist but I was never a super religious person.
Hobbies- Drawing, reading, writing, videogames, toys. Huge cartoon nerd. Never grew out of it. :)

Also, Popeye's is way better than KFC any day of the week and both are hella better than Church's. Popeye's has both red beans and rice AND Cajun rice. KFC has what? Coleslaw? Popeyes wins. Forever. This simply can't be argued.

Welcome!

I mean, I'll eat Popeyes. I don't hate it. It's good. But if given the choice, Colonel all day.
I was really starting to like you....damn. You are dead to me now.

yeah, but there's some plausible technical arguments to be made for KFC... you could really like mac & cheese... or potato wedges...
Come on man...the only real macaroni and cheese is BAKED in LAYERS. It's like since momma's stopped doing their thing in the kitchen brother's taste buds have lost their way, sad state of affairs.

Come on man...the only real macaroni and cheese is BAKED in LAYERS. It's like since momma's stopped doing their thing in the kitchen brother's taste buds have lost their way, sad state of affairs.

I'll have you know that I am still fighting the good fight as long as blocks of cheese are moderately priced.

I was really starting to like you....damn. You are dead to me now.

i said plausible technical arguments. you know, in the "i may not agree, but i understand" kind of way.

Sorry. Can't hear you over over all the lip-smacking goodness of the Colonel's recipe. ;)
5r3bA.gif

I'll have you know that I am still fighting the good fight as long as blocks of cheese are moderately priced.
Shit gov cheese is free! Not sure if they still give out free cheese and powdered milk like back in the day though lol.

We should start casting votes for the best and worst fried chicken. Wing Stop and Church's better be at the bottom so help me lord or my faith in people's taste in food will just evaporate.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
We should start casting votes for the best and worst fried chicken. Wing Stop and Church's better be at the bottom so help me lord or my faith in people's taste in food will just evaporate.

i to this day do not get the hate churches gets. i mean sure, you practically need to have some sort of weapon on you if you plan on buying something from there, but the food is good. wingstop.... no. id rather eat wings at rallys than wingstop.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
I'm seriously laughing at work. My coworker is laughing at me trying to describe this conversation.

I got yo back ReiGun. Love me some KFC.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I've never had Church's. Don't think we have them in Baltimore.

a few of the ones ive been to are like the set of mad max when it becomes dark. homeless dudes circling like sharks and shit. but other than that, the chicken is good.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
KFC makes Popeye's look God tier in comparison. No way is it better.

Since i'm in Bmore, I'd rather go to Hip Hop Chicken than either one tho. >.>

I mean, I'll eat Popeyes. I don't hate it. It's good. But if given the choice, Colonel all day.

Sorry. Can't hear you over over all the lip-smacking goodness of the Colonel's recipe. ;)

I'm seriously laughing at work. My coworker is laughing at me trying to describe this conversation.

I got yo back ReiGun. Love me some KFC.

Had to make a video to visualize my disappointment...this is too much, ya'll

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!

How can you possibly hate on an establishment that has provided the closest thing, to a DIVINE MEAL:

double-down.jpg

That automagically puts KFC in god-tier, son. Recognize and repent.

In all seriousness, we have a Hook Fish & Chicken here in Minnesota which I'll brave getting shot up in North Minneapolis to get to, but I have no problems having some hot wings, mac n' cheese, and biscuits from KFC. Shit's good.

Never did one of these.

Where you're from - Brooklyn, NY
Where you live - Queens, NY
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- Both mother and father are both Jamaican, grandfather on my father's side is Cuban, therefore spanish last name. I'm 3/4 Jamaican, 1/4 Cuban
Do you know your roots - Cuba. Jamaica which then goes to somewhere in Africa, I guess.
Your Age- Mid-20s
Favorite musical genre - Hip hop & R&B, Reggae, Dancehall (some) Classic soul.
Your profession/major/career interest - Work management in retail, looking for something in health/ safety inspection as a career, majored in Bio
Your religious affiliation - None really, do my own thing, but not necessarily Atheist.
Hobbies- Video games, basketball, cars and women.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Never did one of these.

Where you're from - Brooklyn, NY
Where you live - Queens, NY
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- Both mother and father are both Jamaican, grandfather on my father's side is Cuban, therefore spanish last name. I'm 3/4 Jamaican, 1/4 Cuban
Do you know your roots - Cuba. Jamaica which then goes to somewhere in Africa, I guess.
Your Age- Mid-20s
Favorite musical genre - Hip hop & R&B, Reggae, Dancehall (some) Classic soul.
Your profession/major/career interest - Work management in retail, looking for something in health/ safety inspection as a career, majored in Bio
Your religious affiliation - None really, do my own thing, but not necessarily Atheist.
Hobbies- Video games, basketball, cars and women.

The horde grows. Sup, man.

President-Obama-Fistbump-7.jpg

... I don't think I've filled that out yet...

Where you're from- Georgia.
Where you live- Atlanta.
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- Moms African American dads Jamaican.
Do you know your roots- Unfortunately no.
Your Age- 19
Favorite musical genre- Chill Wave, Jazz, and a lot of other things I don't know how to categorize.
Your profession/major/career interest- Still undecided. Either something in Neuroscience or Sports Medicine.
Your religious affiliation- Atheist.
Hobbies- Music, gaming, girls and swimming.

Yay! I'm part of BlackGaf

Top Bottom