• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

KFC is the best. Period.

Of course, I'm talking about Korean Fried Chicken. Popeyes? Nasty. Churches? Blech. Kentucky Colonel? Not even in consideration.

The Koreans got that ish on lock.

Gorillaz

New here so here we go...

Where are you from-Jersey
Where you live- Ohio
Cultural Background- Mostly African American with some French apparently
Do you know your roots-As of now not entirely
Age-21
Favorite Music-Here we go: Hip-Hop,RnB (mainly 90's), Rap, jazz, slow jams (from the 90's), some Rock, music, Liquid Dubstep (I like the vocals alot not just the wubwubwub)
Profession/major-Education...for now
Religion-Christianity
Hobbies- basketball,soccer,gaming,music,etc

Dereck

Where you're from- Atlanta, GA
Where you live- New Mexico
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- Black, my greatgrand father on my dad's side was half white
Do you know your roots- No
Your Age- 21
Favorite musical genre- Hip Hop/Electronic/Jazz/Abstract
Your profession/major/career interest- Air Force, just started non-degree seeking school at UNM
Your religious affiliation- Closet Atheist
Hobbies- Tech, Video Games, Anime, Music

Mr.Fresh

I never did this for some reason. (Not Reading the OP haha)

Where you're from- New Jersey
Where you live- New Jersey
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- Black, my greatgrand mother on my mom's side was half white
Your Age- 19
Favorite musical genre- Hip Hop/R&B (i know cliche)
Your profession/major/career interest- Business Ass.
Your religious affiliation- Not sure, never been to church. ( I know a shame.)
Hobbies- Tech, Video Games, Movies, Music, Sports

I never did this for some reason. (Not Reading the OP haha)

Where you're from- New Jersey
Where you live- New Jersey
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- Black, my greatgrand mother on my mom's side was half white
Your Age- 19
Favorite musical genre- Hip Hop/R&B (i know cliche)
Your profession/major/career interest- Business Ass.
Your religious affiliation- Not sure, never been to church. ( I know a shame.)
Hobbies- Tech, Video Games, Movies, Music, Sports

Business Ass? Im with that.

ReiGun

I'm late but...LMAOOOOOOO

This was posted in GAF-HOP, I think it deserves to be in here as well:

ixpKJj7WPI2VN.gif

I did not know she was so healthy.

Lawd have mercy.

Dubble

This was posted in GAF-HOP, I think it deserves to be in here as well:

ixpKJj7WPI2VN.gif

I did not know she was so healthy.

Gawd.

It's like badonkadonk hypnosis.

You could sync that swaying motion to the beat of a metronome and be lost in its curved rhythms forever and ever.

KFC makes Popeye's look God tier in comparison. No way is it better.

Since i'm in Bmore, I'd rather go to Hip Hop Chicken than either one tho. >.>

I saw one in Glen Burnie that my ex tried to get me to go to. I refuse to eat at a place called "Hip Hop Chicken" with neon zig-zagging lights outside. I think there was a NY chicken too. Shit looked like a hepatitis factory.

New here so here we go...

Where are you from-Jersey
Where you live- Ohio
Cultural Background- Mostly African American with some French apparently
Do you know your roots-As of now not entirely
Age-21
Favorite Music-Here we go: Hip-Hop,RnB (mainly 90's), Rap, jazz, slow jams (from the 90's), some Rock, music, Liquid Dubstep (I like the vocals alot not just the wubwubwub)
Profession/major-Education...for now
Religion-Christianity
Hobbies- basketball,soccer,gaming,music,etc

How do you feel about LeBron getting a ring?

Where you're from- Atlanta, GA
Where you live- New Mexico
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- Black, my greatgrand father on my dad's side was half white
Your Age- 21
Favorite musical genre- Hip Hop/Electronic/Jazz/Abstract
Your profession/major/career interest- Air Force, just started non-degree seeking school at UNM
Your religious affiliation- Closet Atheist
Hobbies- Tech, Video Games, Anime, Music

What AFSC?

Where you're from- Georgia.
Where you live- Atlanta.
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- Moms African American dads Jamaican.
Do you know your roots- Unfortunately no.
Your Age- 19
Favorite musical genre- Chill Wave, Jazz, and a lot of other things I don't know how to categorize.
Your profession/major/career interest- Still undecided. Either something in Neuroscience or Sports Medicine.
Your religious affiliation- Atheist.
Hobbies- Music, gaming, girls and swimming.

Yay! I'm part of BlackGaf

A black, swimming athiest from Atlanta? Nah son, this shit is mad fishy.

welcome

fuck, smooth whiskey is fucking potent man. You dont feel the bite so you wanna drink more of the shit. Its dangerous like vodka in that regard, you just wanna drink more and more

They got the lock on short ribs too. Sorry South.

You done lost your mind. I've had Korean BBQ, it ain't fucking with down south center cut baby backs.

The one positive thing about all of this blasphemy is that it proves all black people don't like the same shit despite what others may think! lol

You done lost your mind. I've had Korean BBQ, it ain't fucking with down south center cut baby backs.

The one positive thing about all of this blasphemy is that it proves all black people don't like the same shit despite what others may think! lol

As long as no one likes Wing Stop. Then my faith in humanity is lost forever.

As long as no one likes Wing Stop. Then my faith in humanity is lost forever.
Eh, it's just generic wings. When I have a taste for "bar wings" I hit up Smokey Bones, their smoked wings are on point.

Cluck U's honey dipped fried chicken. It was a revelation. A really unhealthy, death-at-40, sort of revelation.

I used to work there back in HS, it's definitely some good shit. That's the only way I am able to even make KFC chicken palatable. I drown it in honey and hot sauce.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Gaming wise what is everyone playing at the moment ?

I got sucked into Vindictus pretty hard for some reason. It's a F2P action RPG that's similar in structure to Phantasy Star Online, where it's less of a contiguous world and more about picking missions from a list and jumping into an area with a boss at the end. It's also got Source engine physics, which makes kicking the shit out of dudes so they fly across the room and knock out a wooden support causing a balcony to collapse on top of them really satisfying.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Mass Effect 3 MP and Catherine

ME3's MP is the biggest surprise in gaming this year by far. Catherine? You just gotta take the leap... best "adult" game I've played easily.
Been playing Bayonetta for the first time. Game is freaking amazing.

Hot fiyah

Top Bottom