• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

Been playing MW3 with friends and 2K12. Need to get back on Trials Evolution though.

I can't believe people on GAF are supporting a life sentence for the first offense.

Imm0rt4l

Since EVO is in 2 days I will probably play some more SSF4 AE2012. I still need to finish Red Dead Redemption, so I'ma probably pick that back up today. Just saw that I have Metroid Prime 2 in the house on GC that I never finished and I suddenly want to play that.

Anyone ever been to EVO or any sort of tournament/convention before? I'm looking forward to playing Tekken Tag 2 and Playstation Allstars this weekend.

ReiGun

Since EVO is in 2 days I will probably play some more SSF4 AE2012.
I may do that myself. My stick is out of commission, but I've played enough SF4 on pad that I can probably deal. (Mahvel is out of the question though. lol)

Anyone ever been to EVO or any sort of tournament/convention before?

I've been to Otakon and a couple local tourneys. My first time ever seeing DJ Houshen was at last year's Otakon when he straight bodied me. I was like, "Who is this white boy with this funky ass team and why is he so good?" lol

Imm0rt4l

I may do that myself. My stick is out of commission, but I've played enough SF4 on pad that I can probably deal. (Mahvel is out of the question though. lol)

I've been to Otakon and a couple local tourneys. My first time ever seeing DJ Houshen was at last year's Otakon when he straight bodied me. I was like, "Who is this white boy with this funky ass team and why is he so good?" lol

It's funny because Mahvel is seen as something that mostly blacks are really into, but with the diversity of the FGC now compared to 10 years ago you can actually see white dudes(albeit rarely) like viscant straight bodying ninjas. I almost can't even blame viscant for dropping the n word casually a few days ago in front of yipes(didn't see it though). I will say that although I don't like marvel that much as a competitive game, I feel more and more compelled to play it, especially if there is any truth to those alleged new characters. Lots of life left in the game. Also I'm the type of fg player that likes getting hate mail, shit gets my dick hard. So the bullshit/salt that comes with marvel might be a nice change of pace.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
personally playing MK9(dat shitty but lovable online) and mw2.

I may look into getting mw3 but haven't heard anything regrading the ps3 version.

Waiting on sleeping dogs, tony hawk hd and the dark souls dlc.

Dead Space 2. Boring? whhaaa

Do you think it's a bad game? Or just not that scary?

I feel that the core gameplay is repetitive. Walk into room, shoot arms off waves of necros, stomp for loot, repeat.

Now, when they deviate from this formula, the game is fantastic.
The part on the run away train, or low gravity floating sections, and puzzles are wonderful.

I think it's scary enough for sure. And I love the hallucinations. It's just the basic fighting mechanic I'm struggling with. I feel like I'm rushing through it to get to the cool parts.

I feel that the core gameplay is repetitive. Walk into room, shoot arms off waves of necros, stomp for loot, repeat.

Now, when they deviate from this formula, the game is fantastic.
The part on the run away train, or low gravity floating sections, and puzzles are wonderful.

I think it's scary enough for sure. And I love the hallucinations. It's just the basic fighting mechanic I'm struggling with. I feel like I'm rushing through it to get to the cool parts.

You have summed up my feelings about Dead Space 2 exactly. The set pieces are great, but the core gameplay is HIGHLY repetitive. I had my fill after about 6 hours and never touched it again.

Gorillaz

Gaming wise

Uncharted 3 "The Lab" playlist
GTA 4 free roam
CoD4
Skyrim for the first time in months
Final Fantasy 13 for the first time in awhile....friend gave it to me.

Also Max Payne 3 is the shit

Gaming wise what is everyone playing at the moment ?

Disgaea 3 on the Vita. I like the Vita but wish it had more RPG's.

That's what's up. That sounds fun. You outta regs though.

i am really sad that ive never tried korean food.

It's not too shabby. That kimchee is not what's hot in the streets though.

I've been playing FFV for the GAF event, but that's been put to a halt since I've gotten back into Pokemon BLack.
Anyone ever been to EVO or any sort of tournament/convention before? I'm looking forward to playing Tekken Tag 2 and Playstation Allstars this weekend.

Been to EVO two years in a row (08 and 09), and Fanime/Anime Expo for years before that. Thinking back, it's kinda cool realizing how much I've leveled up in general.

I am.....not playing anything!!!

Actually, I was playing Deus Ex:HR. According to steam, my last play time was May 19.
I also stalled on the Witcher 2. I haven't been in a gaming mood recently, but I'll get back to them.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Mafia 2. Worked on the game and never actually finished the friggin' thing. Just finished Max Payne 3 and Kane & Lynch: Dog Days (wtf was that ending). I'm playing a lot of Velocirapture and Monsters Ate My Condo on iPad as well, the Adult Swim games are no joke.

at my cousin house and they marathoning all of the tyler perry plays. I swear to God they are all blurring togather. Its like there is always a wise cracking aunt/grandma that always like weed, sex, and talks like a gangsta. Come on Tyler for once change up the formula and stop leaving plot holes every where

at my cousin house and they marathoning all of the tyler perry plays. I swear to God they are all blurring togather. Its like there is always a wise cracking aunt/grandma that always like weed, sex, and talks like a gangsta. Come on Tyler for once change up the formula and stop leaving plot holes every where

How many strong, black men were there that were relegated to doing menial labor?

Mafia 2. Worked on the game and never actually finished the friggin' thing. Just finished Max Payne 3 and Kane & Lynch: Dog Days (wtf was that ending). I'm playing a lot of Velocirapture and Monsters Ate My Condo on iPad as well, the Adult Swim games are no joke.

Max Payne 3 is the shiznit. Possible goty imo.

aCSuz.jpg

Stubb's Spicy bbq sawce!

Gorillaz

TP in a nutshell

Can't wait for boondocks season 4 heard its in development.

ecurbj

And it doesn't help where I'm staying at temporarily (hood kinda). I don't know if it's fireworks or gunshots going off.

I realize that the majority of people despise Kane & Lynch 2. But it's easily one of my favorite games this gen, assuming you pretend the ending never happened.

And props to double jump for saving this thread from turning into a all out war on which fried chicken joint is best.

Spoiler - They all suck.

Fireworks getting on my last nerve, doesn't help I have a major headache.

This so much. I feel like I have the Iraq War going on in my neighborhood.

Man, when I lived in New Orleans, I could easily tell what was gunshots and what was fireworks. It was crazy.

Heard a few early but it's really too dang hot out there.

Gorillaz

Know im still fresh here but how long does it usually take for me to go from junior to normal member? Also how harsh is it on us juniors? Lil nervous to post most the time cause im still a fresh member lol.

Know im still fresh here but how long does it usually take for me to go from junior to normal member? Also how harsh is it on us juniors? Lil nervous to post most the time cause im still a fresh member lol.

300 posts or so?

You'll have a few people say *lol* junior and what not, you'll also get baited a lot if you post regularly though.

I got quite a few you won't last long here junior posts and amusingly became a member in the same thread it happened.

Put the idiots on ignore, utter a curse and then watch in glee as they post topics about their lives turning to shit not so long after.

My advice, cut people off if they look like they want to go back and forth about a topic or whatever. Most things can be explained in a paragraph or two with one person, if they can't hear save your energy.

Remember most people who spend too much time online are unhappy and misery loves company.

Gorillaz

300 posts or so?

You'll have a few people say *lol* junior and what not, you'll also get baited a lot if you post regularly though.

I got quite a few you won't last long here junior posts and amusingly became a member in the same thread it happened.

Put the idiots on ignore, utter a curse and t
hen watch in glee as they post topics about their lives turning to shit not so long after.

My advice, cut people off if they look like they want to go back and forth about a topic or whatever. Most things can be explained in a paragraph or two with one person, if they can't hear save your energy.

Remember most people who spend too much time online are unhappy and misery
loves company.
yea people tell me to stay clear of gaming due to it being a "graveyard for accounts" lol. Ive been posting either in off topic or a community thread. Like community alot. I'm
just being careful of moderations since i hear its easy to get alot of them...crazy lol thanks for the advice man.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I'm just being careful of moderations since i hear its easy to get alot of them...crazy lol thanks for the advice man.
Nah, I usually do the Calipari...one and done

Back on third person shooters...playing Mafia 2 and K&L Dog Days after Max Payne 3 was a mistake. I'm comparing everything to Rockstar's superior gunplay and they all come up short. Fun, playable, but MP3 is an otherworldly shooting experience.

Top Bottom