• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Nostalgia doesn't interfere with enjoyment. It just makes a person give place more value on certain things.

I view jrpgs with huge nostalgia glasses. Because of that, newer jrpgs never stand up to older ones for me. So even though the genre has advanced and improved in a lot of ways.. it just doesn't do it for me.

seeing as how theres a two year difference between 3rd strike and second impact, i dont see how i could be suspect to nostalgia in my decisions, but not ones who favor 3rd strike

So Jason Collins came out. That means the floodgates will open soon. And I beat Guacamelee. And I ate Popeye's for dinner. So far a solid day off.

And that chick from Teen Mom just made damn near a million bucks off of a sex tape. Jesus....

seeing as how theres a two year difference between 3rd strike and second impact, i dont see how i could be suspect to nostalgia in my decisions, but not ones who favor 3rd strike

Second impact isn't the only game that was mentioned. New Generation, and Alpha games were mentioned as well.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Second impact isn't the only game that was mentioned. New Generation, and Alpha games were mentioned as well.

and all the games are more than a decade old. so you are listening to nostalgia headphones as much as the ones you question. and the alpha games were released alongside the 3 series.

Awkward.

Also I forgot that Pete is the most progressive of scdp.
Never forget
PeteReadingEbony.jpg

SF3's entire soundtrack was just so damn smooth. 3S has the best character select music of all time

(Let's get it on now)
Select to make your first pick
(Let's get it on now)
10, 9, 8, 7, 6
(Let's get it on now)
choose and pick the best one
(Let's get it on now)
5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

Hell the full song was just as dope.

Imm0rt4l

Nahhhhhh

Ehh
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/58424/2112734-354px_ken_copy.jpg[IMG]

[B]Badass[/B]
[IMG]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ZDtu2nF7q_4/T8Vb57oaInI/AAAAAAAAEBU/-fnCfufty2k/s400/kennneth_masters.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

The characters were younger in alpha, besides I was speaking more on the in game models and bg art/music

[IMG]http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n532/stephenambler/Street_Fighter_Alpha_2_Stage_1_Japan_Ryu.png

2269250-Te9mt.png

StreetFighterAlpha2-China(Gen).png

Akuma-sfa2-stage.png

the bgm for all these stages are really damn good too and it's much different from a lot of the earlier sf stuff as it makes use of a lot of live instruments. Ryu, sagat vs ryu, gen, zangief, akuma. All Godlike, not a fan of kens more downtempo theme, but it works.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Go with the transparency, Tiger. No contest.
I don't even remember that.

If I recall correctly he wanted to tap into the black market with pepsi whereas the rest didn't want anything to do with it. I may be remembering some of that incorrectly though.
It was when they were trying to boost Admiral television sales and he correctly pointed out that they were popular with the African American market. No one took him seriously and they derided him saying that most of the sets were probably stolen.

Pete may be a scummy businessman but he's definitely not racist.

Imm0rt4l

No you didn't keep it too real. That isn't to say that there wasn't some merit to the twisted narrative he's trying to drive. Like devo said, I'd agree it's more a religion thing. A lot of black folks come up from a fairly socially conservative upbringing which I'd attribute mostly to religion. But we are definitely not some monolithic group that discusses these sort of things at a monthly meeting or some shit, just like any other group. I can understand getting heated though since we all get thrown under the same umbrella. Like we have to answer for all the sins of a few/good many black people.

lol @ republicans not being as white as you can get, what planet is he on.

the bgm for all these stages are really damn too and it's much different from a lot of the earlier sf stuff as it makes use of a lot of live instruments. Ryu, sagat vs ryu, gen, zangief, akuma. All Godlike, not a fan of kens more downtempo theme, but it works.

Really? I wasn't aware anyone disliked Jazzy NYC. It was my ringtone for a while
So smooth

Man I'm never posting in another race thread in OTL. It only remidns me GAF isn't as progressive as people want to believe and we have just as many dumbass ignorant people as any other forum. Only difference being the mods here doesn't allow that shit to run unchecked. I'm willing to bet a good 2/3 of the cats in any given race thread are the same cats posting on twitter "n****r this and n****r that"

Slayven

Man I'm never posting in another race thread in OTL. It only remidns me GAF isn't as progressive as people want to believe and we have just as many dumbass ignorant people as any other forum. Only difference being the mods here doesn't allow that shit to run unchecked. I'm willing to bet a good 2/3 of the cats in any given race thread are the same cats posting on twitter "n****r this and n****r that"

Nah, I can respect outspoken racism, but this sneaky sneaky word play racism is what gets me.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Should counter with "you're so popular because you're white. It's easier!"

Except that'd actually be half-true.

I feel like Franklin is really relevant to the times, what with more black dudes from shitty areas going to uni and/or just being more ambitious than ever before.

I just wonder if gamers will be able to rela--

Oh my god. I hope I can skip that Franklin stuff entirely. Can't stand how these guys talk. Might have to mute my sound system if I can't.

Never mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom