• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGun

Goddamn another black lightening character.

Justice-League-Beyond-19.jpg
Super speed doesn't count!

Also, it's about time they got a "Flash Beyond." I really need to catch up on BB. It was good stuff.
Have ya'll seen this shit? This is why I don't associate with gamers irl.

http://youtu.be/4pXWiG2B4zk

I can only hope this is satire, which I think it is.
I try not to look down on people, but that was pathetic.

Imm0rt4l

Is it odd that im looking forward to seeing how this progresses and that his capture takes a while.
I don't think its odd. Its a very intriguing story especially since dorner seemingly gave the LAPD enough rope to hang themselves. So much incompetence
Any updates?
1 million dollar reward, cases of mistaken identity, inquiry into dorners termination has been "*reopened" and police have no clue where he is.

*trap/just for show. Likely they will find no wrong doing in the termination.

Onemic

The Dorner thing feels like it's straight out of a movie.

Oh And I saw those JSR vids Lin. Those are some pro ass skills you got at that game.

Game still sucks though

Onemic

Doesn't help it has one of the world's worst tutorials

this x10. I know a ton of people that couldn't even finish that, mostly because half the time it didn't make much sense.

They're not shit, they just have a learning curve. If a dumbed game without any sense of momentum or gravity is more your speed, I can understand why you prefer Future! :D

What's so bad about the controls? Offer anything and I'll tell you how to work it.

It just feels....clunky, to say the least. The angles you need to grind are extremely fixed and sometimes don't make sense, as there are times where you feel like you should be able to, but you just don't. lack of variety in moves and slow turn speed don't help things either. Game's still good due to the music and good level design, but it just hasn't aged that well.

Onemic

JSR's tutorial is easy. Most of the game's tutorials take place in the form of character recruitment trials anyway.

they never really tell you what to do in the tutorial. That's why so many people are clueless when playing it. I remember the very first time I played JSR like 10 years, I couldn't pass the tutorial because they would never give an explanation on what to do. Not problematic for me anymore, but I definitely see where the frustration comes from, especially when you can't do a replay of a tutorial explanation.

Onemic

what the fuck is JSR

Jet Set Radiooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Grinding isn't about angle unless you're doing combos, grinding is about speed. Think of it like this. In Sonic the Hedgehog you don't go through a loop at slow speed. You build up speed, boost, and jump onto the rail. This works all the time.

A lot of people don't get the idea that JSR is basically 3d Sonic the Hedgehog. It works the exact same way in terms of natural physics/momentum. Think of it as if you're really roller blading and it makes a lot of sense. When you're roller blading you don't make sudden jumps, if you're jumping you jump and shift your weight in the air. Same thing in JSR.

I'll admit it feels clunky, but I've mastered the controls and they're not that bad.

They're ok, but I definitely understand the criticism some have given it with the HD rerelease.

I just want another one to come out for the 720/PS4.

They're not shit, they just have a learning curve. If a dumbed game without any sense of momentum or gravity is more your speed, I can understand why you prefer Future! :D

What's so bad about the controls? Offer anything and I'll tell you how to work it.

Yeah, I was lttp with JSR and I had to work to get decent at it. It made it all the more satisfying to complete the tutorial, doing 80 tricks in a row. Good game.

What's the best version of JSRF? I want to try that out too. Is it only on Xbox?

Ronin

What's the best version of JSRF? I want to try that out too. Is it only on Xbox?
Yeah only on Xbox, but it's backwards compatible on 360. It has to be the standalone JSRF disc and not the Sega GT combo disc. The only thing is with the 360's iffy BC, there are some framerate problems here and there. Nothing too bad though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom