• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

FyreWulff

I thought they started rereleasing old songs from their portable versions recently?

They're releasing the songs from Rock Band Blitz as singles for Rock Band 3 every other week for cherry pickers, but those are all new to Wii owners. It's also the time they're releasing the pro upgrades for those tracks.

There's also new weekly Rock Band Network songs being released by non-Harmonix companies.

It's not at the height it once was but they just keep chugging along.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Well....at least the cut scenes were kind of decent.
Don't get me wrong, I love the mythology and a lot of the cut scenes were beautifully done. I was just majorly let down by the game-play and a lot of the story decisions which was my fault for being over-hyped about it in the first place considering in terms of story the series is almost exactly on par with Starcraft i.e. having a rich origin not utilized well in the new generation but still being very well produced.

Tyrael is also a bad ass, mortal or angel form.

d3-tyrael.jpg

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I've never seen an episode but the girl who writes it and stars in it seems pretty down from interviews I have seen.
She could get it too
. The complaints I have heard about it are that it's just modern young people being awful to each other, which sounds depressingly realistic.

What don't you like about it? Did your GF inspire you to check it out? Mine has been bugging me about it.

Onemic

I've never seen an episode but the girl who writes it and stars in it seems pretty down from interviews I have seen.
She could get it too
. The complaints I have heard about it are that it's just modern young people being awful to each other, which sounds depressingly realistic.

What don't you like about it? Did your GF inspire you to check it out? Mine has been bugging me about it.

I've also heard that even though it takes place in New York, pretty much everyone on the sets are white.

It gets crazy high reviews though.

Itll always be some fun drunk shit to jam out to.
Some days ill grab a 6 pack, park it and fire up my old guitar hero ps2 games

What I do now is that I set the game to no fail mode and play the drum sections on my real drums. Fun as fuck. I stopped paying attention to the community/DLC part of the game after the original RB thread got shut down and everyone in it got permabanned. Luckily I was unscathed as that used to be my original chill spot.

akira28

You forgot fought her. Storm got in that ass though.

She hit him first, and second, and third, if I recall.
Any hell yeah she better not date Namor. He started all of it, and is the reason they got divorced, (aside from all of you people being against their happiness and hating and ruining their marriage and shit). Storm dates the dude who flooded my kingdom and killed thousands of my people, she'd be dead to me too.

Terrible writing all around, fuck the x books
undeniably this.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Any hell yeah she better not date Namor. He started all of it, and is the reason they got divorced, (aside from all of you people being against their happiness and hating and ruining their marriage and shit). Storm dates the dude who flooded my kingdom and killed thousands of my people, she'd be dead to me too.

undeniably this.

he'll give her that mugen treatment from champloo if she does. if marvel pussies out of namor getting his head kicked in, ill be severely pissed.

undeniably this.

Tchalla is talking about Wolverine in that image. Namor isn't even an Xman anymore.

My gf watches it so I have caught a couple episodes. I have no idea why she watches since she complains that it sucks so often.

The characters are just not very interesting and they beg for pity while having it so easy. It's very off putting, it's basically a day time soap but way more pretenious. And it falls flat on its face everytime it tries to be dramatic.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
My gf watches it so I have caught a couple episodes. I have no idea why she watches since she complains that it sucks so often.
Those complaints are basically what I've heard as well. Also I don't know either, sometimes I think they watch bad shows just to be able to bitch about them which isn't far from what some GAFers do with certain games.

Also how the hell did I miss this thread, lmao.

iWpL14Gwo9GS.gif

I've also heard that even though it takes place in New York, pretty much everyone on the sets are white.

It gets crazy high reviews though.

That too. Donald Glover was on recently as a young republican, it had potential to be interesting but they squandered it because they're just not very good writers.

Slayven

The characters are just not very interesting and they beg for pity while having it so easy. It's very off putting, it's basically a day time soap but way more pretenious. And it falls flat on its face everytime it tries to be dramatic.

Seems like one of those shows were the discussion around it is more interesting than the actual show.

Onemic

Those complaints are basically what I've heard as well. Also I don't know either, sometimes I think they watch bad shows just to be able to bitch about them which isn't far from what some GAFers do with certain games.

Also how the hell did I miss this thread, lmao.

iWpL14Gwo9GS.gif

It's a war out there. Im knee deep in it. Peoples be catching feelings in there.

DominoKid

She could get it too

Lena Dunham really? The chick looks like a bridge troll.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Lena Dunham really? The chick looks like a bridge troll.
Nah. In a world of Samantha Wrights she isn't noteworthy but bridge troll is pretty harsh. We're talking about a world where they cast a horse to play the lead roll in a series about sex in the city. I wouldn't go near that.

Not tryna defend the show though as I haven't seen it. I don't think I will either.
It's a war out there. Im knee deep in it. Peoples be catching feelings in there.
Cloves going in hard.

DominoKid

It's quite obvious who is writing the scripts when the other more attractive, less shitty as people characters have been involved romantically with people less than Lena's shitty character.

And she's forever trying to get naked on that shit too. Nah son. Work out your body issues on your own time.

@jackben: SJP is throwed too.

And she's forever trying to get naked on that shit too. Nah son. Work out your body issues on your own time.

@jackben: SJP is throwed too.

Her character is such a Mary Sue to boot.

A writer writes and plays a character who is a sometimes misunderstood aspiring writer but is awesome at writing? Get the fuck outta here.

ReiGun

You have to take that avatar down man. BP is a simp now.
He is just trying to save them both from talking a snikt-bub-style L. She can't afford that kind of downgrade, and he can't possibly show his face at Illuminati meetings after losing his girl to Wolverine.

It's downright noble.

He is just trying to save them both from talking a snikt-bub-style L. She can't afford that kind of downgrade, and he can't possibly show his face at Illuminati meetings after losing his girl to Wolverine.

It's downright noble.

Imagine how it must feel to have your ex smashed by a hairy canadian midget.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

It's downright noble.

hes at a roundtable with a man who flooded his country. he can deal.

Gorillaz

There should definitely be a round table disscusion of just everyone bullshitting over random topics for an hour or 2. That would be insane lol.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
There should definitely be a round table disscusion of just everyone bullshitting over random topics for an hour or 2. That would be insane lol.

I did a podcast like this and it gets old. Structure based around serving a niche is key to things like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom