• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

RedSwirl

And Nintendo needs to market the damn console too. Maybe it's because I don't watch a lot of live TV anymore, but I've seen virtually no commercials or other advertisements for Wii U. I still don't understand what the fuck their problem with advertising is. People need to actually know your console exists Nintendo, and Nintendo Direct ain't gonna do that.

Slayven

And Nintendo needs to market the damn console too. Maybe it's because I don't watch a lot of live TV anymore, but I've seen virtually no commercials or other advertisements for Wii U. I still don't understand what the fuck their problem with advertising is. People need to actually know your console exists Nintendo, and Nintendo Direct ain't gonna do that.

Nope, I haven't seen a Wii U commerical in months. And only seen the Pikmin 3 commerical twice in the last few weeks. Compared to TLOU which has been getting commercials. during primetime

I guess they waiting to advertise until they get some fuckin' games. They just gonna ride this drought out and hope from August onwards they have a high-quality exclusive game of their own to market.

FyreWulff

I expect them to break and finally moneyhat something. Either a timed exclusive or a total exclusive of a high profile third party's game (that wasn't previously announced).

FyreWulff

Wii U walks into the dimly lit room, sits down across from Halo 4 and buries it's face in it's hands and begins sobbing. Halo 4 is all "you too? Damn"

160k is a bunch of people. Just think about how many people 100 is. You couldn't even fit that many people into a room! Now think of 1600x that and imagine that many people holding Wii U's!

I'd be plenty happy if I sold 160000 of something

KuGsj.gif

Gorillaz

They should have had a smash bros or mario kart ready for launch. It amazes me that they really felt the name "wii" alone would do it. That's reaching Sony 2006 levels of stupid.

Yado

I think the Wii U as a product could have been successful despite it's shortcomings. But Nintendo fumbled every time they had the opportunity to act like they knew what they were doing. The way the console was launched and handled afterwards just seems like they weren't even trying.

Imm0rt4l

Honestly, when I saw the wii u for the first time all I could think is "what is supposed to be compelling about this?". And apparently I'm not the only one.

Nakazato

a year maybe 2 we will here of a new nintendo system. But Iwata needs to be fired and reggie has to have the balls not to lean on mario zelda and metroid. New dev relations, more indies (that you could possibly make in to bigger 1st pt studios)

Yado

How are you gonna launch a console, your first HD console with a 2D game? Clearly the WiiU wasn't made with 3rd party developers in mind so why didn't they have their own games to entice consumers?

They spent way too long developing Pikmin, a game that clearly proved itself to be niche at best. Those resources could have been shuffled towards a game that could have reached a wider or possibly new audience. Nothing about the WiiU suggests that they had any kind of long term strategy in mind.

Nakazato

I don't think Reggie has any real power, he seems like a figurehead to me.

If they fire Iwata im 100% sure reggie would have to step up. The reason ppl loved reggie is that he was passionate. But your right as of the last 4 years he has just been a PR mouthpiece. Reggie knows that Nintendo JP is ruining the company. Hell anyone with eyes can see that. There has to be a changing of the guard. Within management and development. Sure miyamoto needs to put his stamp of approval on the games he created but needs to step away from everything else.

Wii U = Dreamcast = Saturn

Nintendo needs to step its shit up. Hell I was going to buy a wii u at launch but waited do to the Price. 349 for 8 gigs of flash memory yea lets not.

Slayven

If they fire Iwata im 100% sure reggie would have to step up. The reason ppl loved reggie is that he was passionate. But your right as of the last 4 years he has just been a PR mouthpiece. Reggie knows that Nintendo JP is ruining the company. Hell anyone with eyes can see that. There has to be a changing of the guard. Within management and development. Sure miyamoto needs to put his stamp of approval on the games he created but needs to step away from everything else.

Wii U = Dreamcast = Saturn

Nintendo needs to step its shit up. Hell I was going to buy a wii u at launch but waited do to the Price. 349 for 8 gigs of flash memory yea lets not.

Raggie will go long before Iwata.

Trey

I will buy a Wii U guaranteed when Smash Bros for Wii U releases. A price drop should have happened and a new Zelda and/or Metroid should be on the radar by then, too.

FreeMufasa

I will buy a Wii U guaranteed when Smash Bros for Wii U releases. A price drop should have happened and a new Zelda and/or Metroid should be on the radar by then, too.

I was thinking that but smash 4 looks like ass. Pretty much a HD brawl. Its amazing they could make a bigger graphical jump on .5x the power (melee to brawl). The fact this is all they can manage on 12x the power just speaks of their direction.

Then we have their main games (Zelda, DK, Mario) not being that much different from the last gen games, zelda being a port. I'm 100% sure we'll get New Zelda U instead of something like the tech demo. Especially if the Nintendo Kids gobble up that ass DS game,

I need to get a 3DS, maybe when that all black one comes out in a couple weeks. WiiU? No one needs that.

BCT, I'm looking to get a tablet.

The Nexus 7 just released but there's probably going to be a new iPad soon. From what I gathered I should avoid Kindle Fires. My sister and dad both have one and they're crapping out on them. I'm planning to use it mostly for reading, maybe light web browsing.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
I need to get a 3DS, maybe when that all black one comes out in a couple weeks. WiiU? No one needs that.

The Nexus 7 just released but there's probably going to be a new iPad soon. From what I gathered I should avoid Kindle Fires. My sister and dad both have one and they're crapping out on them. I'm planning to use it mostly for reading, maybe light web browsing.

2013 Nexus 7 or iPad 4 are good choices. The latest iPad should be here in fall, however.

Also, OJ Simpson just got parole. The juice is loose indeed

the 2013 Nexus 7 is really good, stellar reviews.

the new Kindle Fires should be announced soon-ish, and supposedly the new iPad and iPad Mini sometime after that...

the old ones aren't bad, but if you were getting an older model just for reading and browsing, the Nook HD+ is $149

zero_suit

Nexus 7

iPad only seems worth it if you really care about games and certain apps.

BlackJace

Man, I came into here thinking I could get away from gaming talk for a while, and here yall are talking about games.

Thread ain't shiiiiiiiiiiit.

Slayven

the 2013 Nexus 7 is really good, stellar reviews.

the new Kindle Fires should be announced soon-ish, and supposedly the new iPad and iPad Mini sometime after that...

the old ones aren't bad, but if you were getting an older model just for reading and browsing, the Nook HD+ is $149

No sero 7 pro?

I was planning on getting one.

RedSwirl

They should have had a smash bros or mario kart ready for launch. It amazes me that they really felt the name "wii" alone would do it. That's reaching Sony 2006 levels of stupid.

I think they were expecting a 2D Mario to do it, since the last one on the Wii sold like 20 million. And Pikmin was probably originally supposed to come out on the Wii like two years ago. Nintendo's fumbled almost all their first party game development of the last three years it seems.

BHZ Mayor

I think they were expecting a 2D Mario to do it, since the last one on the Wii sold like 20 million. And Pikmin was probably originally supposed to come out on the Wii like two years ago. Nintendo's fumbled almost all their first party game development of the last three years it seems.

And now they're expecting an up-rezzed sequel to 3D Land to do it. And a possibly scaled-down Smash.

Top Bottom