• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

FyreWulff

I'd really like to like DOTA but all the MOBAs are stuck in a rut and don't really differentiate. Genre is too cloney.

But then again, RTS-based games tend to get punished by players for trying to go outside the fence so I guess I'd just have to make a better MOBA myself

Lol at dudes arguing there's no advantage to being white in America in that white student union thread

Anyone that believes there's no advantages to being white are blithering idiots or can't handle the idea that they may have gotten some things in life due to their advantage

This is the post of his that was too real for GAF. Familiarize yourself with it for future reference.

dpUbqpP.gif

DOTA that real, tho?

All readings indicate that it is, in fact, really real.

Hahaha Tumblr is actually entertaining.

Tumblr is always good for a laugh or two.

So. Post-Colonial Cyborgs for Planetary Futures: Speculative Fiction Feminisms. That's a course now, in at least one university. I didn't know that afro-futurism was a thing before I read the description for that course, but now I'm curious about it since apparently I've read and watched stuff in that vein without even knowing about it. Space Is The Place is considered afro-futuristic, for example, and I freaking love that movie. It's wild, man.

RedSwirl

Don't know when I'll try another MOBA after taking a look at DOTA 2. I've got LoL installed but ain't done much more than that.

Trying to get back into TF2 and finally try Mann vs Machine, and finally figure out Yun in SF4.

Gorillaz

Dota is too far down the gaming rabbit hole for me. Dark Souls takes up enough of my time already.

In fact I'm holding off next gen purchases due to Dark Souls 2

Its a pain in the ass but when the game clicks

It fucking clicks. So much satisfaction killing a boss in that shit

I bought Dark Souls 3 times. First time was day one due to my love for Demon Souls. Wasnt feeling it and traded. Got a second time because of a friends nagging. Traded it because I needed that Xcom. Third time was the charm and put over 90 hours into it. Then my 60 gig started acting funny. Lost my save file. Needless to say I love the game but I will not get it again. Will fuck with DS2 though. But this tuesday and that Dragons Crown....

Cannot wait. Will probably burn through Yakuza Dead Souls and ZoEHD.

Furyous

Where you're from- Cleveland, OH

Where you live- Pacific Northwest

Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- I have some clues but not many. My father wasn't shit and never talked about his family. My mother's family originates from Georgia with so Cherokee thrown in due to my grandmother. That's the extent of what I know.

Do you know your roots- Nope and really there's not a whole lot I can do about it..

Your Age- 28

Favorite musical genre- Hip-Hop

Your profession/major/career interest- I'm interested in business as it pertains to consulting, finance, and marketing.

Your religious affiliation- LDS... Let me cook tho. I'm not the spokesman for anybody so none of my statements on this forum reflect on anyone but me.

Hobbies- videogames, music, movies, playing pool, exercising, and eating.

trixx

Welcome!

I was seriously going to get into dota 2/ LoL but I'm an amateur at RTS games, and the last thing I need is teammates yelling at me lol.

Welcome!

I was seriously going to get into dota 2/ LoL but I'm an amateur at RTS games, and the last thing I need is teammates yelling at me lol.

I can never play RTS games at any level because I always concentrate on watching my little guys do their work instead of actually managing their duties.

Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- I have some clues but not many. My father wasn't shit and never talked about his family. My mother's family originates from Georgia with so Cherokee thrown in due to my grandmother. That's the extent of what I know.

Do you know your roots- Nope and really there's not a whole lot I can do about it..

Your Age- 28

Your profession/major/career interest- I'm interested in business as it pertains to consulting, finance, and marketing.

Your religious affiliation- LDS... Let me cook tho. I'm not the spokesman for anybody so none of my statements on this forum reflect on anyone but me.

Welcome to the fam,

Now for the tough questions.
How you take your grits?
KFC or Popeyes?

Furyous

Welcome to the fam,

Now for the tough questions.
How you take your grits?
KFC or Popeyes?

I haven't had grits in 13 years and forgot almost everything about them.

I'm partial to Church's but that's just me. KFC is good but Church's better IMHO. I'm not a fan of Popeye's either.

Drinking in front of your parents whats black gafs opinion. My roommate's pops came through with some beers and I'm getting it in hard but I usually go out of my way to not drink in front of my mom hmm -_-

well, being from the Caribbean (not saying EVERYONE does this, just most caribbean families i know), my family was giving us sips and 1/4 full bottles and stuff since we were young and drinking has never been a big deal, but *OVERDRINKING* gas always been looked down on. i think that might actually be an effective method of teaching, i dunno...

I can't drink in/with my people period. I'm a social drinker so when I'm at a party/get together & etc I'll have a bottle or two.

Pretty much I would drink only around my peers.

well, being from the Caribbean (not saying EVERYONE does this, just most caribbean families i know), my family was giving us sips and 1/4 full bottles and stuff since we were young and drinking has never been a big deal, but *OVERDRINKING* gas always been looked down on. i think that might actually be an effective method of teaching, i dunno...

That's how my parents handled it, too. They let me have a little sip when I was a kid, just to get a taste of it, so that I wouldn't put beer on a pedestal. And when they drank, they only had one bottle that they'd nurse through the night, and they never drank alone. They'd just sit on the stone fence and talk to the neighbors for a few hours.

I haven't had grits in 13 years and forgot almost everything about them.

I'm partial to Church's but that's just me. KFC is good but Church's better IMHO. I'm not a fan of Popeye's either.

Acceptable.

Im fucking with ya but real talk walking to the family. Its good to have another point of view and another brother/sister to converse with.

And me I took my first drink in front of my mother a couple years back. She quoted some shit I said in middle school that I would never drink and "that my body is a temple", I looked at her and said "Well I said I would save myself for marriage too, and look how that turned out." She threw a fork at me. But whats funny is to this day I still dont curse in front of her at all. I just cant.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing

Your Age- 28

Indeed, welcome

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Dota is too far down the gaming rabbit hole for me. Dark Souls takes up enough of my time already.

In fact I'm holding off next gen purchases due to Dark Souls 2
cKoaj8z.jpg

yup i'm like I'll get a ps4 when tax refund season hits. I'm not in a rush to be forced to pay for online again especially when the possible ggoat ( ds2) is going to be released only on the current gen consoles.

Fuck Dark Souls 2, that shit is on my Gaf recommended God Hand list.

see this why yo ass gonna stay in the bucket.

cdyhybrid

Man. My insulated American ass had always heard about Brazilian girls and the supposed legend about them...but I just saw it first hand tonight, I ain't even on the level. I got a number though...

Man. My insulated American ass had always heard about Brazilian girls and the supposed legend about them...but I just saw it first hand tonight, I ain't even on the level. I got a number though...

Brazilian women are probably overhyped and stereotyped, but a number is a number.

Almost shitted myself today, was in Best Buy and a group of white women was standing in the aisle. So I walk through saying excuse me as i maneuver around them, so I go to tap the shoulder of one of them and she turns the other way and my hand ends up on her purse. She looks up at me and im suttering my words trying to say excuse me, but she starts laughing and say she is sorry that they are in the way. Swear to god i thought she was about to scream.

zero_suit

Almost shitted myself today, was in Best Buy and a group of white women was standing in the aisle. So I walk through saying excuse me as i maneuver around them, so I go to tap the shoulder of one of them and she turns the other way and my hand ends up on her purse. She looks up at me and im suttering my words trying to say excuse me, but she starts laughing and say she is sorry that they are in the way. Swear to god i thought she was about to scream.

I'm glad that didn't happen.

She even tried to say the LA and Frisco were boring compared to No. She doesn't even live in a nice part of down. She's two blocks from hookerville and drunk central.

I love when people think a place is exciting because it's got nothing but drama and crime. She must be a real boring person.

Top Bottom