• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
"Every woman who isn't a virgin has been someone's slut"

That just about says it all about the sheltered part of NeoGAF.

Drinking in front of your parents whats black gafs opinion. My roommate's pops came through with some beers and I'm getting it in hard but I usually go out of my way to not drink in front of my mom hmm -_-

Nakazato

I don't drink in front of my family especially my son.
My mom drank in front of me. But now I have emotional scars from see my dad have to drag her limp body to bed... sad thing is she didnt even know what happen. Or the day she was so drunk and high on pills that she passed out in the shower only to be found by my dad an hour later. *sighs* Yep mom fucked me up...

But you setting a good example for your son and that is very commendable. Cause when he grows up he will know right from wrong in that sense.

My mom drank in front of me. But now I have emotional scars from see my dad have to drag her limp body to bed... sad thing is she didnt even know what happen. Or the day she was so drunk and high on pills that she passed out in the shower only to be found by my dad an hour later. *sighs* Yep mom fucked me up...

Sorry to hear that bro.

My friend went through some shit like that when he was younger. Except it was meth that fucked his mother up.

Nakazato

Sorry to hear that bro.

My friend went through some shit like that when he was younger. Except it was meth that fucked his mother up.
Yea man you just get to the point that your life will be ruined by the person that gave you life. One of the reasons im in cali now 5 years later trying to make it happen for myself (atm unsuccessfully). Even when trying to get help for her I was being told by my dad she said no problem. 4 years of fighting to get her in rehab after multiple visits to the hospital for pancreatitis where shes in a coma for 22 days.

Sry for the rant black gaf. Im still a lil bitter I had to put my life on hold to help someone that didnt want help
I barely drink at all. I still have 3 bottles of purple haze from a 6 pack that I bought back in Feb in the fridge.
I have a beer with dinner once ever 2 months or so if that often.

I have 1 beer in my fridge from a six pack I bought for the podcast months back. I stopped drinking during the podcast cause during editing I would aleays think, why didn't I mention this or that...oh yea cause I was pretty buzzed.

I never drink alone and only drink heavy when I can crash where ever I'm drinking.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I just don't drink these days. I did a lot before and when I was 21. Nothing really bad happened and it's not that I have anything against it I don't bother with it these days. No desire for it lately. Maybe because I don't live around other college students anymore, lol.

That spike lee thread getting me heated a little bit, GAF has no problem giving anna sorekesnes or whatever her name the money for a project that even didnt need the amount she got, but spike lee its a different story

But you setting a good example for your son and that is very commendable. Cause when he grows up he will know right from wrong in that sense.

I'm sad to hear that man. I hear bad stuff about black parents all the time, some people follow in their footsteps, but I praise the ones that end that cycle.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Didn't think D-V was banned. Alpha Phi Alpha ain't about that life.

And I'm about to drink right now since I missed out on doing it on my birthday. I've been entirely too sober since I got back from Hawaii.

Top Bottom