• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

hypernima

Banned
It's insulting as hell for sure, but theres much worse. It's kinda meta, because if you lose to someone who is obviously mashing you might be like ' am I really losing to this bullshit right now?". It can be a total mindfuck to lose to someone and they are clearly mashing. But For anyone who's high enough a level player this shouldn't be an issue. You should punish people hard for mashing/take heavy advantage of said mashing. There are definitely some characters who can get away with mashing more than others though. The problem with mashing is that as a decent player you don't want to respect someone because the way they play, but in reality you have to have the utmost respect for mashers, and by respect I mean a healthy fear.

Being called a masher is just a product of the other guy being mad. It rustles jimmies because it's condescending.

Is it bad that I intentionally play like a masher vs really good people?
I mean most times I know wtf I'm doing but I just like it cause I like to troll.
Also too bad your not PSN, I'd like to play your Gouken.

I mean most times I know wtf I'm doing but I just like it cause I like to troll.

He IS on PSN.
AC is Lupe Fiasco of games but never released it's version of The Cool.
That would be AssCreed2. After Brotherhood, it was just Lasers, and then Lasers: Deluxe Edition.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing

50-Cents-Shake-My-Head-Reaction-Gif.gif

Seriously though, AC2 is widely considered to be the high point.

RedSwirl

Y'know, I rented AC3 and after a few hours I wanted to eventually get it on a Steam sale and actually play through it. I'm invested just enough in the father/son dynamic story to sit through the game, and the gameplay to me is what I would call "inoffensive." It might be boring at worst, but I don't find it absolutely unplayable or anything.

That said, I've been done with big AAA auto-games for a little while now. Good thing so much indie stuff's coming out in August. AC4 though has done just enough to at least make me pay attention to it. I know people burned out on AC, but I can't deny my interested in the premise for AC4.

And this past weekend just made me realize I don't know shit about playing Yun in SSF4AE. A lot of Fei-Long out there though. Might have to get back on him. And I'm done with projectile characters. Sakura was my SS4 main (I know right?) but I don't know anymore.

Anyway, thought this would be something nice to share: http://www.blackgirlnerds.com/2013/08/where-are-all-of-twenty-something-black.html

ReiGun

Lawd a mercy.

It's insulting as hell for sure, but theres much worse. It's kinda meta, because if you lose to someone who is obviously mashing you might be like ' am I really losing to this bullshit right now?". It can be a total mindfuck to lose to someone and they are clearly mashing. But For anyone who's high enough a level player this shouldn't be an issue. You should punish people hard for mashing/take heavy advantage of said mashing. There are definitely some characters who can get away with mashing more than others though. The problem with mashing is that as a decent player you don't want to respect someone because the way they play, but in reality you have to have the utmost respect for mashers, and by respect I mean a healthy fear.

Being called a masher is just a product of the other guy being mad. It rustles jimmies because it's condescending.

If it weren't for button mashers, I would have never started learning how to zone. Those mother fuckers fall apart when you can zone their asses properly.

Gorillaz

Speaking of UBI, am I the only one that thinks Watchdogs looks boring as fuck.

It's over marketed. I'm tired of seeing it over and over again anytime talk of next gen is brought up.

Farcry 3 and so far AC4 weren't/aren't as marketed as WD is. But if I'm right there is a lot on the line for WD since it's a new IP

Imm0rt4l

escoblade pls respond

I'm psn: GODHAND04

I played gouken for the first time yesterday in a long while, but you can add me and play me sometime.

Gorillaz

Just got Persona 4 on PSN since thats all people on GAF and here on BCT been talking about

this shit better be worth it yall because it's taking up like the last amount of space on my ps3

Imm0rt4l

Just got Persona 4 on PSN since thats all people on GAF and here on BCT been talking about

this shit better be worth it yall because it's taking up like the last amount of space on my ps3

How big is it? I can't wait to delete UC3 from my hdd. that shit is like more than 30gb.

Slayven

It's over marketed. I'm tired of seeing it over and over again anytime talk of next gen is brought up.

Farcry 3 and so far AC4 weren't/aren't as marketed as WD is. But if I'm right there is a lot on the line for WD since it's a new IP

Yeah that too, all the footage is the main character hiding behind shit

Gorillaz

How big is it? I can't wait to delete UC3 from my hdd. that shit is like more than 30gb.

maybe 6ish gbs? I have PSN plus so it was free when I first tried to download it a few weeks ago but I didn't have the room because I had Bioshock 1 on my HDD. I have alot of other games on it too so thats why i'm down to the wire.

Also I would just delete UC3. You ain't missing much from the story and could get it cheap for 30 and under. MP is F2P and a separate download but nothing as big as 30gbs

ND games are too fucking big for all that DD.

Wait. You mean P4A right. Is P4 on psn if so dammit I gotta spend more money. I just traded my hard copy of p4. Still got P4A.
Hey is there anyway we can get all of BCT screen names for psn and live. So we can get on some shit. I hot a couple of you already.
PSN and Live: Riovane.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
*takes Ubi hat off*

Connor wasn't nearly as bad as a lot of people make out. Especially coming after Ezio. Even i agree that the pacing of AC3 left a bit to be desired. That hampered Connor's character development.

Check out this podcast i did with the voice actor of Connor.

Lots of insight.

RedSwirl

I still don't like even calling him "Connor" and actually figured out how to pronounce his real name: Ratonhnhaké:ton

FyreWulff

Fuck Connor.

One of these days I'll be able to explain why, but I had a certain relationship with Ubisoft and it involves me hating Connor to this day. (Ubisoft themselves are still cool)

I still don't like even calling him "Connor" and actually figured out how to pronounce his real name: Ratonhnhaké:ton

Ratonkatonk

ARROWS FIRED

In related news, I'd love to comment more on AC3 but as it keeps freezing my PS3, I haven't even gotten out of the goddamn cave at the beginning of the game. :(

Bish...

Might be time to send her to the pasture. I let my 60 gig go and actually cried so I know its hard.

But AC3 is the game I tried to like. I mean really tried but Connor was just eh.
But I loved Haytham. Game was buggy but for every thing I disliked about the game it did give me that one shining beacon. That mother fucking naval battles/segments. Esco whoever did that shit needs props. That alone in my opinion could have been a solid game by itself. And the mp was good too.

So I bought Xillia. And DC tomorrow digital. I'm loving my days off lol.

And T Hawk is the shit.

What up Family!!! Been a minute since I posted. Took some time off for myself. Last week was my birthday and my stepson graduated from Parris Island. Marines...Ooh Rah!

Had to take a moment to work/focus on me. Feels good man.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
My pockets are going to be begging for mercy this week.

Xillia, and double dipping on Dragon's Crown

Top Bottom