• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

Gorillaz

I knew twerking was dead when the 6pm news guy was talking about it.
Anytime anything trending is a news story it's automatically dead
I'll get it when its $29.99 and under, like every other game I purchase. Still waiting on that The Last of Us price drop!

Same. I am still catching up on a few titles and just finally got P4A and doing a 2nd playthrough of Dark Souls so I'm on not trying to buy much till GTA 5.

PSN: EboyWasHere

Imma add everyone else that put their PSN id up on the past few page. Also If you add me just say you are from GAF and your name on here.

Slayven

I ahte this time of year. Why can't they spread shit out.

GTA 5, The Bureau, SR 4, got to get 3ds for the pokemons.

DY might be spending his childsuppot but other folks got bills.

People who keep propagating hood mentality are hilarious. Especially if they don't even live there anymore. So tough, go back and live there then with your hood rules. Oh right you moved up and out for a reason. Punk.

Xillia is jam so far cracked out last night with a street fighter chaser.

A couple hours I will be running around with that fighter.

PSN:Riovane
XBL:Riovane

Cats add me for DC, SR4, SSF4AE, P4A, UMvC3 and various other shit.

EDIT:I love Always Sunny. Bunch of assholes doing asshole stuff. Too funny.

Quick question.

When black people moved to the inner city to get jobs during the great migration. What type of jobs did they get? Somebody told me mostly manufacturing, but I heard otherwise.

DominoKid

Quick question.

When black people moved to the inner city to get jobs during the great migration. What type of jobs did they get? Somebody told me mostly manufacturing, but I heard otherwise.

factory shit.
ex: most of my grandparents generation (like 50s & 60s i think) worked for RJ Reynolds.
that's how our fam ended up in North Carolina and basically owned a whole street.

harSon

Banned
Bro dudes.... Im going to learn how to surf... After I learn how to swim (which I think I can just haven't in years) @_@

I learned how to surf in Santa Cruz. That water is COLD AS FUCK though, and So Cal is no better. I'd invest in a wet suit if I were you, especially if you plan to make a hobby out of it.

Quick question.

My grandfather moved from Alabama to San Francisco (well he was forced out since he was accused of burning someone's farm down), and he went into construction. I'm not sure if that was a common occupation for blacks at the time though.

Nakazato

There is nothing to fear about swimming.

I remember at my heaviest just sinking in the pool. But I think I can at least float now.

I learned how to surf in Santa Cruz. That water is COLD AS FUCK though, and So Cal is no better. I'd invest in a wet suit if I were you, especially if you plan to make a hobby out of it.

Not hobby yet... Not till I start working. But Afterwards I think it will become one I just want to do something out of my comfort zone and just have so Me time where I can just think.

DominoKid

enjoy black Girls until it gets cancelled because nobody watched it

EXCLUSIVE: Larry Wilmore and Issa Rae have teamed to co-write a comedy series project for HBO, with Rae set to star. The project focuses on the awkward experiences and racy tribulations of a modern day African-American woman. These are also themes Rae has tackled in her successful webseries, The Misadventures Of Awkward Black Girl. Wilmore will executive produce with 3 Arts, which manages both him and Rae, while Rae will co-executive produce.

Rae, recently named to Forbes’ “30 under 30” list, is writing a memoir/collection of personal essays to be published by HarperCollins. Last season, she penned a comedy script for ABC and Shonda Rhimes’ Shondaland. The Bernie Mac Show creator Wilmore, repped by UTA and attorney Tom Hoberman, is a correspondent on Comedy Central’s The Daily Show and recently did two interview specials for Showtime entitled Larry Wilmore’s Race, Religion And Sex. Rae is with UTA and John Meigs Jr.

and Childish Gambino has a new show too.
EXCLUSIVE: Donald Glover has lined up his followup series to Community. The actor-comedian is set to write, executive produce and play the lead in a half-hour comedy, which has landed at FX for development. Tentatively entitled Atlanta, the comedy is set against the backdrop of the Atlanta music scene. Glover grew up in Atlanta and has an active music career as a hip-hop artist, stage name Childish Gambino. I hear several networks were interested in Atlanta but, in addition to the FX comedy brand, Glover also was attracted by the network’s willingness to accommodate his music touring schedule. Glover is free and clear to topline Atlanta as he is no longer a regular on Community and is set to appear in five of the 13 episodes of the cult NBC comedy’s upcoming fifth season. Last season, Glover was attached in second position to an NBC comedy project penned by Matt Hubbard. Glover, repped by CAA, The Schiff Co. and attorney Lev Ginsburg, stated off as a writer on 30 Rock before landing the breakout role on Community as former high school quarterback-turned-air conditioning repair annex recruit Troy Barnes. He also has headlined two standup comedy specials.

RedSwirl

I ahte this time of year. Why can't they spread shit out.

GTA 5, The Bureau, SR 4, got to get 3ds for the pokemons.

DY might be spending his childsuppot but other folks got bills.

Later this year? I just don't know.

Creed 4 - Interested
Watch_Dogs - Interested
GTAV - PC version pls
Pokemon - If I'm not still messing around with SoulSilver by then
Zelda 3DS - Getting.
SR4 - Not done with SR3 yet
Splinter Cell - Renting to see if Spies vs Mercs ain't bullshit
Dragon's Crown - Got
Xillia - Still got unplayed copies of Abyss and Vesperia on my shelf
Rayman Legends - Oh shit that comes out in a month?!
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 - If I got spare money
FFX/X2 HD - If I got spare money

...So basically right now just Crown and Zelda and I'll try to figure out how to fit Rayman in there.

Good fundamentals beat Thug ball every time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sysri2CqXrY

damn-o.gif

I'm just gonna play some NBA Street Vol. 2 now!

HomShaBom

Banned
That surfer makes me want to learn how to swim.

One day... maybe
Fuck swimming. Whenever my unit did swim training they wouldn't even bother me, I'd just be chillin or be somewhere else. I'm cool with the fact that I'll drown if I ever end up in a body of water.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Fuck swimming. Whenever my unit did swim training they wouldn't even bother me, I'd just be chillin or be somewhere else. I'm cool with the fact that I'll drown if I ever end up in a body of water.

I can actually swim decently for 100m or so.

I just can't float or tread water. By that definition, I can't swim for shit - and I know it. We did that pool pt thing once and my boss was all "holy shit, a black guy that can swim - they're going to have to re-de-diversify the ranger qual now!" til I hit the 100m mark and turned into a floundering retard.

let me just leave this here

australian cover on the left, american cover on the right

I saw the trailer for this a couple weeks ago, and if they said "the brothers" one more time I was going to loose my mind. The story is about some aboriginal singers who get transformed into soul singers to perform in Vietnam for mainly the black soldiers.

I can actually swim decently for 100m or so.

I just can't float or tread water. By that definition, I can't swim for shit - and I know it. We did that pool pt thing once and my boss was all "holy shit, a black guy that can swim - they're going to have to re-de-diversify the ranger qual now!" til I hit the 100m mark and turned into a floundering retard.

Once you learn to float it's easy as fuck to do anything in water. You don't know anyone who can swim to spend an hour in the pool with you?

Because it's really easy you just have to have someone spot you while you learn. The body wants to float it's all about you not teansing up.

Top Bottom