• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Easy to float on your back. Take a deep breath, hold it and lay on the water with your arms outstretched. I guess I'm biased as learning when you are young is much easier with just about everything. Used to wake up in cold sweats when I finally started learning to drive and took lessons when in was 20. Waited too long lol. Fine now though.

yeah, i got dat Caribbean swimming training... basically, an adult tells you what to do and they prop you up flat on the water while you kick your arms and legs... then they let you go and if you sink, they try again until you get it right. then eventually, they take you out in the deep water and let you go and you gotta make it to shore on your own.

it's super effective!

Man i've tried everything to learn how to tread water. No dice. I just end up frustrating myself cos i can't do it.

Your skipping the most important part of swimming, floating. Trying to tread water is like learning to run before you know how to walk. All things involving humans in water revolve around you learning your own natural buoyancy.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Your skipping the most important part of swimming, floating. Trying to tread water is like learning to run before you know how to walk. All things involving humans in water revolve around you learning your own natural buoyancy.

I don't have it. If i don't hold my breath, i sink like a stone. can't float on my back, front or any way else. I used to take lessons but to no avail.

I need to learn how to float vertically. Also, swim while using less power. I can swim just fine, but I always end up expending way more energy than is necessary.

I don't have it. If i don't hold my breath, i sink like a stone. can't float on my back, front or any way else. I used to take lessons but to no avail.

Its in your head man. Your putting so much pressure on yourself I know you aren't relaxed when in the water. Yo literally need to let go of any thought of doing anything and let nature take its course. Do you think a log wants to float, no it just does.

I need to learn how to float vertically. Also, swim while using less power. I can swim just fine, but I always end up expending way more energy than is necessary.

Scissor kick your legs while making circles under the water with your arms moving from your chest outwards.

Yo, this chick who sometimes works out at the rec center got a nigga lookin' SO THIRSTY. Beautiful dark skin woman with big, toned thighs, and she's graceful as a gazelle. Goddamn, son

Help blackgaf

Imm0rt4l

Yo, this chick who sometimes works out at the rec center got a nigga lookin' SO THIRSTY. Beautiful dark skin woman with big, toned thighs, and she's graceful as a gazelle. Goddamn, son

Help blackgaf

Stare at her until she feels uncomfortable, stops using free weights and stops going to the gym all together.

Honestly, I have no idea how to approach girls at the gym. I just stay on my tunnel vision shit. My gym has a co-ed sauna though, it's much easier talking to them in there sometimes. I caught a pyt eyein a nigga yesterday, I thought it was because of the weight, but saw her on a few occasions. I know I should have said something, because I actually had to use a machine near her shortly thereafter. And she squats.

Gorillaz

Hitting up chicks at the gym is basically like hitting up chicks that are bartending. You want to do it. You want to say something but you have to be sly bout it cause its very easy to just look like a thirsty ass dude.

Trey

Hitting up chicks at the gym is basically like hitting up chicks that are bartending. You want to do it. You want to say something but you have to be sly bout it cause its very easy to just look like a thirsty ass dude.

That's how it's always going to look. Best thing to do is to own it and go in with tact and no expectations.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

That's how I know my game is introverted.

I suck at the regular walkupheymynameis stuff. I will orchestrate a blimp crash to get in good with the girl behind the register though.

Gorillaz

That's how it's always going to look. Best thing to do is to own it and go in with tact and no expectations.
True but its one of the cases where there isn't much around to work with at a bar or if she is just that fine at the gym then I go "alright why not"
You aint even lyin bro.
Sometimes its fun tho but yea its whatever
That's how I know my game is introverted.

I suck at the regular walkupheymynameis stuff. I will orchestrate a blimp crash to get in good with the girl behind the register though.
I'm the walkupwhatupdoe type. I can easily start a convo with most chicks either at bars/party or not.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Its in your head man. Your putting so much pressure on yourself I know you aren't relaxed when in the water. Yo literally need to let go of any thought of doing anything and let nature take its course. Do you think a log wants to float, no it just does.

Maybe i'll give it a shot again. New place in Canada looks like it will have a pool, so perfect place to practice and not
die
drown

harSon

Banned

Help blackgaf

Weight machines suck for weight training, but they're great stare down spots. Get your creep on nigga.

DominoKid

man whoever first realized that you shouldn't compare yourself to others is a genius.

after going to a bullshit interview yesterday and then hearing one of my good friends get a job that i desperately wanted, i'm fucking miserable.

i could really use a win in my life right now. something to actually be happy about.

Slayven

man whoever first realized that you shouldn't compare yourself to others is a genius.

after going to a bullshit interview yesterday and then hearing one of my good friends get a job that i desperately wanted, i'm fucking miserable.

i could really use a win in my life right now. something to actually be happy about.

Your day will come. And then they will pay, how they all will pay.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
dragons crown yo.

im getting shadows of mystara flashbacks...

i want to unlock online mode, but im gonna have to put this down for now

abuC

Good fundamentals beat Thug ball every time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sysri2CqXrY

The rim isn't 10 ft.

tumblr_m49celsPkd1qzxl9yo1_500.gif

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
"We going to ride on this fool, right after I set up my Ryouga Figurarts . That nigga's final vent was straight fire."

The hood's favorite Gundam? Deathscythe Hell Custom.

A month after brawl came out, me and a friend were invited to a tournament, and half the tourney were either geeks or hood dudes. This dude I was talking to was telling me how he couldn't get used to Mario and had to switch up to Lucas, and then started trying to mack on some chick walking down the street almost immediately. I've never seen the switch flipped so quickly.

And the custom variants are the best thing about wing.

Slayven

That has to be fake. Has to be.
A month after brawl came out, me and a friend were invited to a tournament, and half the tourney were either geeks or hood dudes. This dude I was talking to was telling me how he couldn't get used to Mario and had to switch up to Lucas, and then started trying to mack on some chick walking down the street almost immediately. I've never seen the switch flipped so quickly.

And the custom variants are the best thing about wing.

I never been able to do the switch. I always Neil deGrasse Tyson doing that shit.

"The gravitonal quoteinent of the black hole is..."

Fine girl walks by

"Hey Ma let me get dat number, I know you hear me!!!"

The custom variants make the original ones look silly.

wait wait wait wtf happened to my tag?

edit: middle guy looks like fela kuti in jamaica. guy on the right looks like a farmer for sure. guy on the left looks like macklemore

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Playing with Elf right now

ppl talk a lot of shit til the bow starts double tapping like obama picked up a phone somewhere

Damn I'm losing track of time. Me and this fighter putting in work. Dy what's your psn?

I think I'm almost to online locked at least I hope so. Its so damn good.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Playing with Elf right now

ppl talk a lot of shit til the bow starts double tapping like obama picked up a phone somewhere
Stealing this quote for later

Works on two levels - President calling for NSA taps or black ops wetwork, well done Dy.

Top Bottom