• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

DominoKid

Hugh Douglas called his Numbers Never Lie co-host Michael Smith an Uncle Tom and a House Nigger

Former Philadelphia Eagles defensive end Hugh Douglas threatened to beat up his ESPN colleague Michael Smith three times while intoxicated on Friday night, according to a report by The Big Lead. The report says that Douglas was with “Numbers Never Lie” co-stars Smith and Jemele Hill at the House of Blues in Orlando, Fla. when he reportedly tried to get on the stage with the DJ and threatened to attack Smith if he could not help. Then things got ugly, as Douglas unleashed some racial slurs at Smith, also an African American. From Jason McIntyre of The Big Lead: After the third threat, Smith tried to walk away, at which point Douglas grabbed Smith’s wrist and hurled two racial epithets at him, calling him an “Uncle Tom” and a “House N—-.” Smith, the witness says, turned around to protect himself, at which point onlookers rushed in to break it up. Three independent sources have verified this version of events. Douglas was then pulled aside by someone from ESPN who was in attendance, and the two briefly spoke. Douglas then left the party. A source at ESPN says that Douglas has been yanked off Numbers Never Lie until the network can sort out details from the night. Douglas and Smith were in Orlando for the National Association of Black Journalists, which hosted the event at the House of Blues.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I just read that on Deadspin. Douglas is done, I don't care what Hill and Smith were saying on the podcast about forgiveness. No chance ESPN lets this slide.

akira28

You know, if this came out in the 80s for the Commodore or something, you'd have people connecting today over the fact that they mained black dude as kids, because everyone else was garbage.

These people just need to hire image consultants. There have to be some industry examples of something that would have just come out completely wrong in public if the company or some game image adviser hadn't caught it and "fixed" it.

Someone gets slapped, story and character design changes.....black guy stays.

FyreWulff

I like how his clothes look like some shit that hasn't rendered yet.

It's Unreal Engine 3. It'll finish streaming in all the assets by the time a Kickstarter gets funded

Also I just learned tonight that one of my games now has a working Ouya port. I'mma go ahead and actually submit it to them

My account just got activated.
I'm from London
Live in london or sheffield
Know my roots
I'm a student
I'm a christian not as religious as my mum would like
Hobbies love reading sci-fi novels and playing american football

Tokubetsu

ikMqofBfepcEb.jpg

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Elf, 3 hours in just got the orb to the duke. Will play some more tomorrow.

how many girls are you supposed to save in the village girl quest? i feel like im missing some.

drake will send roses soon

I'm from London
Know my roots
I'm a student

welcome to the fold

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
I'm from London
Know my roots
I'm a student

Sup! Where in London do you live? I used to be in Kilburn, and Highgate prior to that.

JohnDoe

Banned
So I've read someone mention this documentary called hidden colors, there's 2 parts of it actually and it seemed interesting and I wanted to give it a shot. But it turns out the guy who created it is some misogynist pick up artist (if the shit I read about him is true) and appearently there's a lot of misogynist and homophobic bullshit being spouted in the movie. On the other hand I read people saying that it still raises valid points.
So has anyone of you watched that movie? Is it any good? Are the accusations of homophobia and misogyni true and if yes, is the movie still worth watching?

Kreed

So I've read someone mention this documentary called hidden colors, there's 2 parts of it actually and it seemed interesting and I wanted to give it a shot. But it turns out the guy who created it is some misogynist pick up artist (if the shit I read about him is true) and appearently there's a lot of misogynist and homophobic bullshit being spouted in the movie. On the other hand I read people saying that it still raises valid points.
So has anyone of you watched that movie? Is it any good? Are the accusations of homophobia and misogyni true and if yes, is the movie still worth watching?

That might have been my post. One of my friends has been trying to get me to watch it and I still haven't seen it outside of trailers/reviews, but it wouldn't be surprised if the things you're saying are true. My friend is in the Nation of Islam, so most of the things he recommends me that are related to black people I have to view/read with a grain of salt because some where in there will probably be talk about white devils, segregation, "Farrakhan Jesus", and black people from space.

JohnDoe

Banned
That might have been my post. One of my friends has been trying to get me to watch it and I still haven't seen it outside of trailers/reviews, but it wouldn't be surprised if the things you're saying are true. My friend is in the Nation of Islam, so most of the things he recommends me that are related to black people I have to view/read with a grain of salt because some where in there will probably be talk about white devils, segregation, "Farrakhan Jesus", and black people from space.

The way these people are trying to enforce patriarchy in the black community and the shit they say about gays and women is especially disturbing, the white devil shit doesn't even bother me that much (I'm from Kosovo)
And wtf at black people from space? :lol

FreeMufasa

Finally watched Django. Really liked it.

My girlfriend was freaking out about the slavery stuff. She seriously knew nothing about it. I'm glad she's interested in learning and i'll do my best to teach her.

Guess i can finallt watch the Django podcast too.

Slayven

Black peopel are not allowed in Scifi.

In the original Star Trek we had to answer phones.

In Star Wars we were shady as shit.

Babylon 5 a drug addict

TNG crippled and a simp

Ok in DS9 we ran shit, but Sisko was of a lesser rank then any other mainline Trek leader for the majority of the series

DS9 a depressed vulcan

Enterprise we were driving Sam Backett.

BSG I ain't watch that pseudo philosophical bullshit..

Eureka smartest man in town was the black man, who always had to save the mighty whitey.

Warehouse 13, the only black character is pretty much a force of nature.

FreeMufasa

Babylon 5 a drug addict

TNG crippled and a simp

Ok in DS9 we ran shit, but Sisko was of a lesser rank then any other mainline Trek leader for the majority of the series

DS9 a depressed vulcan

Eureka smartest man in town was the black man, who always had to save the mighty whitey.

Can't even make my nigga in Mass Effect too.

Babylon 5 a drug addict

TNG crippled and a simp

DS9 a depressed vulcan

At least we made it in Event Horizon........

I can only remember one black main character in BSG and she was basically Uhura 2.0, even lusting after the bossman's son despite him being obsessed with someone else.

Eureka though not only was he the smartest man in town, after the reset his genius was only matched/complimented by his Black Wife.

Lost Girl, one dude was one of the most powerful dudes around and when that changed another black dude moved from sidekick to boss status as well.

Slayven

I can only remember one black main character in BSG and she was basically Uhura 2.0, even lusting after the bossman's son despite him being obsessed with someone else.

Eureka though not only was he the smartest man in town, after the reset his genius was only matched/complimented by his Black Wife.

Lost Girl, one dude was one of the most powerful dudes around and when that changed another black dude moved from sidekick to boss status as well.

Continuum has the Black main villain banging Daniel Jackson's wife.

Man i've tried everything to learn how to tread water. No dice. I just end up frustrating myself cos i can't do it.

I know that feel. I can swim, but I'm inefficient as hell with it, and I can't float or tread water worth a damn.

On a separate note, I've always had a "fuck natural water" mindset. I'm fine with swimming pools, but swimming in a lake, river, or ocean? Fuuuuck that. I wish I could get over that fear though :/ Went with some
white
friends to a lake house, and I was the only dude who didn't go in the lake. Living up to stereotypes and shit. I also went to Venice Beach in June and shit was beautiful, but...

bat-shark.gif

...nope

Kreed

Black people from Space?

And wtf at black people from space? :lol

The NOI believes that black people used to live on/were from the moon back when the moon and the Earth were one planet and that a evil black scientist known as Yakub created the evil "white devils" in an attempt to take over the black moon civilization and also caused the moon and the earth to separate, forcing the great black settlers known as the Tribe of Shabazz to come to Earth and establish Mecca.

It's one of those Scientology bait and switch things. They ease you in with the "black power" stuff, and then once you're fully involved they hit you with the "great Mother Plane coming to destroy the white people" talk.

Slayven

MS should come out and offical announce Master Chief as being a black man. There would not be a fan big enough to for shit to hit.

Babylon 5 a drug addict

TNG crippled and a simp

DS9 a depressed vulcan

We did pretty good in Firefly....until the movie that is
We did aight in the Matrix though

Finally watched Django. Really liked it.

My girlfriend was freaking out about the slavery stuff. She seriously knew nothing about it. I'm glad she's interested in learning and i'll do my best to teach her.

Guess i can finallt watch the Django podcast too.

lmao, shes not Japanese is she? not surprised i guess lol

lordmrw

Can't even make my nigga in Mass Effect too.

When I played through Knights of the Old Republic I was able to make a dude who looked reasonably like me which was cool but got really creepy toward the end of the game when Bastilla would stop and give me the "do me" eyes and want to talk every few minutes.

Gorillaz

Speaking of The Matrix I can't believe Will Smith passed on The matrix. I know Hindsight is 20/20 but lets be real did the script for this:

220px-Wild_wild_west_poster.jpg

actually look and sound better? smh

Nakazato

Speaking of The Matrix I can't believe Will Smith passed on The matrix. I know Hindsight is 20/20 but lets be for real did the script for this:

220px-Wild_wild_west_poster.jpg

actually look and sound better? smh

I remember will only did action movies with lot of explosions. Matrix only had 2 iirc

Top Bottom